First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Z06 corvette, 2021 Ranger, BMW 328i manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
My grandfather owned a gas station that my father worked in as a young boy. It was what you would picture as a typical small town full-service gas station in rural Iowa. He grew up around the gas station and that is where he learned his blue-collar work-ethic. It is also where he first started to sell used cars at the age of 16. Fast-forward to 1978 he purchased a Dodge store in Granger, Iowa and later in 1987 he purchased a Ford dealership in Dallas Center, Iowa. He then relocated the Ford store to Granger and become what is now Granger Motors & Granger Ford.

He had a saying when we would complain growing up. “If it was easy, everyone would do it.” The last week has been a great reminder of that. Our staff, starting with Albert and now continuing with a 5-member team, has worked very hard over the last 16 months. Yesterday’s allocation announcement was a gut-punch. I tend to be a glass is half-full guy, and this certainly has been a test of that.

We have the Bronco6G community and a lot of loyal customers to thank for all their support and my responsibility lies with them. We want them to be taken care of properly. There is no other way to sugar coat it, the allocation formula does the biggest disservice to our customers. Ford decided to dip their toes in the “reservation” system emulating a method made popular by Tesla’s recent success. In the end, they couldn’t dive all the way in and reverted more closely back to the franchise/allocation system that has been in place for over 100 years. I get it. You want to reward the dealerships that have sold hundreds and thousands of vehicles on an annual basis. The franchise system also benefits the consumer because of discounts and aggressive pricing. If this was Tesla, there would be no discounts. There would be no Granger Ford.

To recap 2021, we received allocation of 203 units. This was on roughly 600 reservations we received before the allocation cutoff. It was reasonable to assume that moving from 6 to 12 months of production would safely bump our allocation to around 400. It was also a reasonable assumption that including all reservations as a factor, instead of just the September cutoff (1300+ reservations), would double our allocation count again to around 800 units. Adjusted down slightly, we were anticipating 700-ish Broncos for 2022. That isn’t how it is going to work out. Moving the “bronco” factor down from 50% to 25% and moving the factor from reservations to 2021 allocations was the worst possible scenario for our customers. We are left with 1075 orders converted from reservations currently. I would anticipate being able to fill 10-20% of our reservation count for 2022. That amounts to 120-220 Units depending on how production plays out. We received 11 for 2022 Model Year production start up.

So where do we go from here? Like I said before, our obligation lies with you the customer. So, whether you end up purchasing your Bronco from me or not, I want you to have a great experience and I want you to get your Bronco. So, there are a few things we can do as a store to help increase that allocation number.

What is Granger Ford going to do?

1. Bronco Facility – There is a Bronco facility upgrade that dealerships can opt into. This can increase our 2022 Allocation by 18 total units. We are absolutely going to spend the money and sign up for this.

2. Bronco Sport Sales – 25% of the allocation formula is Bronco Sport sales. We are going to become better at selling Bronco Sports than Broncos. We are now offering 6% under invoice on a Bronco Sport order. We are going to get as creative as possible to shoot this sales number up ASAP. We are going to be relentless in this pursuit. In my mind, this is our biggest opportunity.

3. Share of Nation Sales – This is over a 36-month period, so it’s going to be the hardest number to move. But because of our loyal online following and progressive business model. We have quickly moved up 20+ spots in our region YTD and I anticipate being one of the biggest, if not the biggest, Ford dealer in the state of Iowa for 2022.

4. We are committed to only selling to our reservation holders - 100% of our Broncos delivered have been to our reservation holders. Ford lowered the dealer’s name match standard to 60% because other dealers seem to have trouble making that work. We have it down to a science and will continue to value long-term commitments rather than short term profit.
Bronco Name Match.PNG

5. Discount lock-in – We absolutely are going to honor our pricing agreements with our customers. $1000 under invoice or $2000 under invoice October special. This will not change.

6. Honest Conversations – Over the next 30+ days we are going to have open and honest conversations regarding your reservation and where you stand among our total reservation count. We will do our best to advise you of your best options and talk you through what makes the most sense for you. We are going to have your best interest in mind, regardless of whether you end up purchasing from us.

What can our reservation holders do?

1. Hang in there – No, we’re not going to send you a hammock. But I know there are a collection of our reservation holders that are loyal to us and how we do business. Their patience will be put to the test, but we are going to do our best to give monthly updates on our allocation and progress that we’re making on Bronco deliveries as well as our other goals to increase allocation.

2. Buy a Wrangler/Gladiator at 4% Under Invoice – if you are tired of the Bronco ride, we can offer you a Wrangler/Gladiator purchase at 4% under invoice and have it delivered to our store in 60-90 days. 2022 Wrangler and Gladiator ordering opened yesterday. Email [email protected] and we’ll be happy to send you a quote.

3. Find Another Bronco Dealer – I have confirmed that Ford will allow transferring of reservations/orders. We have heard of ADM horror stories, but there are other dealerships who are treating customers right. While they may not match our discounted pricing, you can make some calls/send some emails to other dealers and see where they stand. If you choose to transfer, you’ll need to call Ford’s customer service line at 1(800)392-3673 and request a transfer.

The next 12 months are going to be a grind and we’re committed to working harder than we have the past 16 months. We are starting to reap the rewards of our labor and by the end of the year, we will have the pleasure of delivering 150+ Broncos to our reservation holders. I don’t want your sympathy. We signed up for this. If anyone deserves your sympathy it is our reservations holders, who in my opinion, only deserve the best. We will keep grinding and we’re not going anywhere. Hey! If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Zach
I just left a Facebook message for Ford explaining how I am discourage anyone from buying from Ford until their policies change. I am also going to contact local media to see if they would be willing to do a story on how Ford is hurting small local dealers. I encourage other members here to do the same.
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

1 - It makes no difference to me. Based upon our current estimate of allocation looks like it may be up to 5 years.
2 - It has been mentioned through 2023. I'm not sure where that came from, but I believe that to be accurate for those who are waiting for a Modular painted top.
3 - It is hard to say. 2022 with our best case scenario based upon our current estimate is 7-15. 2023 if we receive the same amount will be 8/27.
2024 would get us through 10/20.
2025 would get us through our October 31st.
2026 would get us through our remaining allocation.

*The Allocation formula is subject to change (hopefully, to our benefit at some point).
I really wish CNBC would pick up and run with this story and let Ford investors know how Ford is squandering their investments.

"Ford delivers the final 2021 Bronco in 2026"

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks Zach!

Follow up question - when I do make the switch to a different dealer how do i chose a dealer so that I get my Bronco as soon as possible? my reservation stamp is 7/15. besides pricing are there specific qualifying questions I should be asking?
I'd like to know what price they'd sell it for, how many reservations they have, and how many Broncos they've received so far.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not directed at Granger in any way...

This GD is ridiculous. This is a purposeful maneuver by Ford to screw this dealership and others who may have employed similar sales strategies. I am floored by this latest development.

11??? So only 11 trucks will be delivered to Granger in all of 2022!?! Unf------real. This is purposeful behavior towards Granger on Ford's part. There is no other explanation. I'm not hearing this voodoo allocation math. 11 trucks. They will withhold from Granger as to nullify their discounts because by the time they fulfill all Granger orders, the truck will be readily available and all dealerships will start offering deals.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not directed at Granger in any way...

This GD is ridiculous. This is a purposeful maneuver by Ford to screw this dealership and others who may have employed similar sales strategies. I am floored by this latest development.

11??? So only 11 trucks will be delivered to Granger in all of 2022!?! Unf------real. This is purposeful behavior towards Granger on Ford's part. There is no other explanation. I'm not hearing this voodoo allocation math. 11 trucks. They will withhold from Granger as to nullify their discounts because by the time they fulfill all Granger orders, the truck will be readily available and all dealerships will start offering deals.

Sorry, we are going to receive 11 for the first month of production, not year of production. But that is about 1/3rd of what we were getting in 2021 production cycle. We should get 120-200 Broncos approximately for the year, based on current production estimates.

Sponsored

random

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a day one (first hour or so) order after the Ford release video. I changed my reservation to Grainger because of their superior customer service and transparency here (as well as their October discount offer;)). Albert was a great resource for all of us. With the new allocation formula I'm looking at 2024...

I have owned three Fords (58' Ranchero, 77' Granada, and a 93' F-150) and collectively my immediate family has owned another seven over the last 30 years. I'm actually looking at a 67' Mustang or a 60-67 Fairlane or Galaxy as a project car. Prior to the Bronco I almost pulled the trigger on a Gladiator but held out. With my love for Fords I decided to wait.

Now that it looks like Ford is going to screw myself and many other reservation holders, I may not wait. If Jeep announces a Gladiator 392 before my Bronco is close to being produced, you can bet I'll knock on Grainger's door.

Thank you Zach and crew for your transparency.

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not surprised. It was common sense that they would not be able to fulfill all of those reservations.
They will build plenty of Broncos next year to fulfill reservations. @Ford Motor Company is just choosing to not send them to reservation holders.

Last edited:

MZBHAVN

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor, 2016 JKU Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

SumBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep GC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We can custom order a Grand Cherokee like the Wrangler/Rubicon at 4% back of invoice. You can email a build to [email protected]

Thanks!

@SumBronco
@Zach@Granger

Thank you! Email sent.

I am keeping my Bronco order as well and look forward to updating that with your team soon. I will echo what everyone else has said - Granger has been amazing to work with. Way better than my local dealer who was both clueless and rude when I first made my reservation. Ford should be following your example, but they just cant seem to get out of their own way on this rollout. Too bad...

Thanks again!

TJ Freestone

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My grandfather owned a gas station that my father worked in as a young boy. It was what you would picture as a typical small town full-service gas station in rural Iowa. He grew up around the gas station and that is where he learned his blue-collar work-ethic. It is also where he first started to sell used cars at the age of 16. Fast-forward to 1978 he purchased a Dodge store in Granger, Iowa and later in 1987 he purchased a Ford dealership in Dallas Center, Iowa. He then relocated the Ford store to Granger and become what is now Granger Motors & Granger Ford.

He had a saying when we would complain growing up. “If it was easy, everyone would do it.” The last week has been a great reminder of that. Our staff, starting with Albert and now continuing with a 5-member team, has worked very hard over the last 16 months. Yesterday’s allocation announcement was a gut-punch. I tend to be a glass is half-full guy, and this certainly has been a test of that.

We have the Bronco6G community and a lot of loyal customers to thank for all their support and my responsibility lies with them. We want them to be taken care of properly. There is no other way to sugar coat it, the allocation formula does the biggest disservice to our customers. Ford decided to dip their toes in the “reservation” system emulating a method made popular by Tesla’s recent success. In the end, they couldn’t dive all the way in and reverted more closely back to the franchise/allocation system that has been in place for over 100 years. I get it. You want to reward the dealerships that have sold hundreds and thousands of vehicles on an annual basis. The franchise system also benefits the consumer because of discounts and aggressive pricing. If this was Tesla, there would be no discounts. There would be no Granger Ford.

To recap 2021, we received allocation of 203 units. This was on roughly 600 reservations we received before the allocation cutoff. It was reasonable to assume that moving from 6 to 12 months of production would safely bump our allocation to around 400. It was also a reasonable assumption that including all reservations as a factor, instead of just the September cutoff (1300+ reservations), would double our allocation count again to around 800 units. Adjusted down slightly, we were anticipating 700-ish Broncos for 2022. That isn’t how it is going to work out. Moving the “bronco” factor down from 50% to 25% and moving the factor from reservations to 2021 allocations was the worst possible scenario for our customers. We are left with 1075 orders converted from reservations currently. I would anticipate being able to fill 10-20% of our reservation count for 2022. That amounts to 120-220 Units depending on how production plays out. We received 11 for 2022 Model Year production start up.

So where do we go from here? Like I said before, our obligation lies with you the customer. So, whether you end up purchasing your Bronco from me or not, I want you to have a great experience and I want you to get your Bronco. So, there are a few things we can do as a store to help increase that allocation number.

What is Granger Ford going to do?

1. Bronco Facility – There is a Bronco facility upgrade that dealerships can opt into. This can increase our 2022 Allocation by 18 total units. We are absolutely going to spend the money and sign up for this.

2. Bronco Sport Sales – 25% of the allocation formula is Bronco Sport sales. We are going to become better at selling Bronco Sports than Broncos. We are now offering 6% under invoice on a Bronco Sport order. We are going to get as creative as possible to shoot this sales number up ASAP. We are going to be relentless in this pursuit. In my mind, this is our biggest opportunity.

3. Share of Nation Sales – This is over a 36-month period, so it’s going to be the hardest number to move. But because of our loyal online following and progressive business model. We have quickly moved up 20+ spots in our region YTD and I anticipate being one of the biggest, if not the biggest, Ford dealer in the state of Iowa for 2022.

4. We are committed to only selling to our reservation holders - 100% of our Broncos delivered have been to our reservation holders. Ford lowered the dealer’s name match standard to 60% because other dealers seem to have trouble making that work. We have it down to a science and will continue to value long-term commitments rather than short term profit.
Bronco Name Match.PNG

5. Discount lock-in – We absolutely are going to honor our pricing agreements with our customers. $1000 under invoice or $2000 under invoice October special. This will not change.

6. Honest Conversations – Over the next 30+ days we are going to have open and honest conversations regarding your reservation and where you stand among our total reservation count. We will do our best to advise you of your best options and talk you through what makes the most sense for you. We are going to have your best interest in mind, regardless of whether you end up purchasing from us.

What can our reservation holders do?

1. Hang in there – No, we’re not going to send you a hammock. But I know there are a collection of our reservation holders that are loyal to us and how we do business. Their patience will be put to the test, but we are going to do our best to give monthly updates on our allocation and progress that we’re making on Bronco deliveries as well as our other goals to increase allocation.

2. Buy a Wrangler/Gladiator at 4% Under Invoice – if you are tired of the Bronco ride, we can offer you a Wrangler/Gladiator purchase at 4% under invoice and have it delivered to our store in 60-90 days. 2022 Wrangler and Gladiator ordering opened yesterday. Email [email protected] and we’ll be happy to send you a quote.

3. Find Another Bronco Dealer – I have confirmed that Ford will allow transferring of reservations/orders. We have heard of ADM horror stories, but there are other dealerships who are treating customers right. While they may not match our discounted pricing, you can make some calls/send some emails to other dealers and see where they stand. If you choose to transfer, you’ll need to call Ford’s customer service line at 1(800)392-3673 and request a transfer.

The next 12 months are going to be a grind and we’re committed to working harder than we have the past 16 months. We are starting to reap the rewards of our labor and by the end of the year, we will have the pleasure of delivering 150+ Broncos to our reservation holders. I don’t want your sympathy. We signed up for this. If anyone deserves your sympathy it is our reservations holders, who in my opinion, only deserve the best. We will keep grinding and we’re not going anywhere. Hey! If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Zach
I want my Bronco very badly, but I am not going to another dealer. I will patiently work with Granger and will get it when I do. Big corporations have lost touch with how to treat customers. This also includes other owners who control dozens of dealerships. I will support Zach and his team for as long as it takes and frankly think others could take some lessons in business ethics from them and yes that includes FORD.
Zach, I know it is not easy, but it is easer when one is well founded in their core values. This kind of limits the concessions we are forced make. I will enjoy my hammock until then and think you should try to do the same. I know I am part of the group that simply supports you.

Sponsored

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry, we are going to receive 11 for the first month of production, not year of production. But that is about 1/3rd of what we were getting in 2021 production cycle. We should get 120-200 Broncos approximately for the year, based on current production estimates.
Thank you for clarifying. And again, my anger is not with you or your dealership. In fact, I am mad for you. I know you cannot express any true feelings here and I understand this, but this is purposeful behavior on Ford's part.

When can we expect outreach from you guys to determine if we might be able to get our truck sooner rather than later? I'm a 7/14 rez according to Ford. If ordering needs to be done for MY2022 by the end of the month, that does not give us much time to ponder our choices if we need to bump to another dealer. I do not want to do that. I appreciate you and your shop. But as much as I want the 'cool truck', I need a vehicle. My Sportrac is on her last legs. I will be hard-pressed to last another winter.

Thank you for putting up with my drama and for all you have done for the forum and Bronco reservation holders. I know none of this can be easy.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

zach, you guys are a class act!!

due to the magical combination of things i want, my order won't be scheduled until MY23 at the earliest!

hopefully (but unlikely) things improve by then

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website