Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reservations should be filled first, before dealer stock, regardless of dealer size. These are the people that (mostly) showed interest in a vehicle before they could see one in person, let alone drive one, and were willing to put money down on it regardless. If Ford wants to play games that suck up to their big dealers, then do it with dealer stock units, not with reservation holders. I have an October reservation with Granger with basically zero chance of getting one through them now for 2022 and possibly 2023, and will have to buy something else (not sure what, but probably not a Ford). With this BS Ford seems to want to punish their small dealers as much or more than they want to reward their big dealers.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

F104D8EA-7BEF-41EA-A309-23E400278B2D.jpeg

I guess Ford has responded by changing the closest dealership to Granger, IA's zip code to one in Des Moines instead of a certain dealer actually in Granger.
Why am I not surprised? Dayum......

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Buy a Wrangler/Gladiator at 4% Under Invoice – if you are tired of the Bronco ride, we can offer you a Wrangler/Gladiator purchase at 4% under invoice and have it delivered to our store in 60-90 days.
Hey boys! I promise to show you a great time!
Ford Bronco Granger Ford -2022 Bronco Allocation - No one said it was going to be easy mainimage

Serious cudo's to Granger for being straight forward with this info. I've no dog in this hunt as I never buy a 1st year platform - though they may release the 7g platform before they get all the 6g res holders their Bronco's.
Shame on Ford for crapping on smaller dealers with great reputations - as well as reservation holders- in favor of mega dealers. They're leveraging the availability of high demand Bronco to get more low demand models on the lots.

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm going to add something that your comments got me thinking about...

How about we use Ford's logic to our advantage?

Can we get as many people as possible to move TO Granger? It would be interesting between a full force media blitz to Ford by us and rallying of forces behind dealers such as Granger, Stephens, etc. to see how this would pull the Ford exec/weasels out and, perhaps, force a change in their abandonment of the end customer.
I love that!! Although, knowing our experience with Ford so far, once everyone moves to Granger, Ford would lock the option to move dealerships, so no one could move away from Granger (or similar) so that everyone is either forced to wait the 5-10years, or take a base / big bend off another dealer lot since it seams like thats all Ford wants to make anyway

Last edited:

MtnRanger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Too bad a journalist didn’t have a reservation at one of the good dealers. One article “Ford betrays it’s most fervent fans” (by not building reservations before stock as promised by ford) at a major publication would help solve this issue

Sponsored

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

When the allocation formula is partially based on prior volume, it does serve to level the playing field.

What I'm saying is that if allocation is based heavily on the amount of reservations you have in your "bank", then a dealer can go out and solicit orders like Granger did, and take away the opportunity for other dealers, large or small, from getting any vehicles sell.

Why should my small town dealer get even fewer vehicles because there is some multiline dealer group multiple states away who worked to corner the market? My guy can't compete on that level. A dealer like Granger can sell on price, still make some money, and then other dealers have to take care of the warranty service and customer relationship.

If people want to solely buy on price, that's their option, but it may mean they have to wait a while longer if they want to deal with one specific dealership selling on price alone.
This is like an alternative facts comment......

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Granger Ford -2022 Bronco Allocation - No one said it was going to be easy mainimage

I guess Ford has responded by changing the closest dealership to Granger, IA's zip code to one in Des Moines instead of a certain dealer actually in Granger.
Pardon my French, but that's *really* shitty.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I'm saying is that if allocation is based heavily on the amount of reservations you have in your "bank", then a dealer can go out and solicit orders like Granger did, and take away the opportunity for other dealers, large or small, from getting any vehicles sell.
If your local dealer can't compete with a small town dealer half way across the country, then your local dealer has a problem. A dealer like Granger has to overcome:
  • Arranging for delivery vs you coming to the dealer to pick it up.
  • Additional costs of delivery or the additional cost/time the buyer incurs traveling to pick up.
  • Building trust which is much easier to do face to face. (Heck, most dealers can't do this face to face much less from 700 miles away.)
  • Buyers know that dealing with vehicle issues may be more difficult since you won't be working with your original dealer for warranty issues
I'm sure others can add to this list.

ARKBronco

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pardon my French, but that's *really* shitty.

Wow! Just wow… You going to pull their franchise license next???

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The whole notion that I have to jump through hoops to find a dealer based on some bogus criteria that Ford declares is lame. Basically Ford want's me to invest many hours finding a dealer that's a) honest, b) will share their exiting order book with me c) will share their historical sales and allocation data and d) has a seat at the fat cat table.
This is the Mike Levine, "Just find another Dealer" solution for the problems @Ford Motor Company has created. Sounds easy, RIGHT!

But, didn't the big dealers have the same opportunity to reasonably price their Broncos like some smaller dealers did? It's called capitalism, and it goes both ways. Just because a big dealer decided to sell at 5K-25K over MSRP when a smaller dealer is selling them under invoice, who's fault is that? Ford promised reservation holders that they would go by reservation time stamp, and that there would be no stock vehicles going to dealers until the reservation orders were filled.
Ford promised, Ford promised. Well not really, fingers crossed....
@Ford Motor Company punishing the buyer....

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't try it myself.. That to me is a black cloud that looks like it is about to burst into a lightning storm of hell.

gammaguybronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is what I'm thinking.... 2 or 3 dealers with a metric shit ton of reservations 🤷🏻
If they build 60,000 Bronco's in 2022, wouldn't that be enough to fulfil ALL the 3/19 orders?
It may pan out that Granger/Stevens won't get all their 4d WT, for example, before a big city dealer does, but WILL get 'em.
Question becomes, do Granger/Stevens rez holders wait or move...
this comm
Yeah Levine is clearly a dick. A small market dealer deserves to be punished because they are in a small market. That's what he's saying. Whether he's smart enough to realize what he's saying or not?? And why wouldn't they get to sell the newest/hottest vehicles if that's who the CUSTOMER wants to buy from?? What a smug jack wagon. The apple must not fall far off of Ford's tree.
This comment of his makes no sense. Ford is clearly trying to have it’s cake and eat it too. You can’t offer a Tesla like reservation system and an allocation like they just announced concurrently. Their original proposal was skewed, but reservation holders were OK with it, even if it was slightly against them. You’re clearly handicapping the process for your larger dealerships at the expense of people who placed reservations early. How can you do that to this degree? Do they really expect people who place reservations to do deep dive research into the fuckery of Ford’s allocation mathematics? It’s beyond absurd to expect your customers to try to make sense of this when you open up the order banks for reservations. Then your excuse to get a better spot is you need to change your reservation order to fuck over a dealership that’s been good to you in favor of someone who just looks at you like a number? What the serious fuck Ford. How can you treat your small market dealers like this? I don’t even do this to people I dislike. Business is business, but damn that cold.

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the Mike Levine, "Just find another Dealer" solution for the problems @Ford Motor Company has created. Sounds easy, RIGHT!
Actually it is pretty easy. In the last 12 or so hours I've ruled out my local dealer, who was very responsive in telling me they wanted an ADM that didn't work for me and I have started conversations with two out of state dealers who seem to have reasonable terms. I'm sure I'll have my order placed during the week and a pretty good feeling for when I will get delivery. I just don't get why Levine is pushing a purchasing model that doesn't work for buying Fords but seems pretty smooth for buying Jeeps. I expect to have a 392 Wrangler years before my Aug 2020 Bronco reservation is shipped.

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Myself and I believe most others truly believe that Granger has great intentions. I do believe it was a little naive to think that Ford would not figure out away to control this skewing of sales out of market. There are no automotive territories that I know of, but almost everyone of those sales was taken from out of area markets, sales that would have gone to other dealers.
Ford cannot send all the GT500s, Mach Es and Raptors to the dealer that can sell the most at the least margin, it rewards dealers that sell the most cars.

Fords reservation plan never said buyers would need to navigate the allotment system when placing our order. That mistake is on them and they need to own up to it. Learn a lesson. @Ford Motor Company don't punish the buyer.

I don't know it is is true, but the fleet manager where I bought from has stated that they have been willing to take extra escapes to earn a Raptor allocation... Can a small dealer take 30 mediocre cars that are in low demand and move them so that they can sell a high demand item, nope. Ford needs to balance is manufacturing portfolio, not just the one or two vehicles that sell.

unfortunate, shatty, and wrong for all of those reservations, but not a out of the world unforeseen situation that might occur.

I do believe Ford should at least make right all reservations as of 10/31/2020 at Granger THEN drop the hammer
If @Ford Motor Company built all their vehicle @MAP that argument may have more weight, but they don't. They are a big company, created the reservation system, promoted it, used it and now need to live up to their promise.
Sponsored