Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Eh, old news. It did that long before this nonsense started - discussed and addressed a long time ago in a different Granger thread. Should it work like that? Probably not. Is this some nefarious secret payback to further squelch Granger? Not if it's been like that pretty much all along. Does Ford corporate suck? Oh yeah, and then some, but Occam's Razer is at play here and really the simple explanation is the more plausible one - it's just good old fashioned incompetence paired with laziness.
Yup. I had the same issue over a year ago. I can’t remember the reason but Albert knew about it and provided the work around.

Last edited:

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lurking4luv

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw gti, Nissan frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wait a minute..... isn't Ford in the build as many vehicles as you can business? How can you forgo guaranteed sales and hold vehicles from dealers? I must be missing something!
I am an October Granger reservation holder and have to wait 3-4 years for a truck? Granger has been on the level by offering a great deal and Ford is angry with them for selling vehicles? I'll wait it out and see what happens but come on Ford! Just build em and send them to your customers.

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Eh, old news. It did that long before this nonsense started - discussed and addressed a long time ago in a different Granger thread. Should it work like that? Probably not. Is this some nefarious secret payback to further squelch Granger? Not if it's been like that pretty much all along. Does Ford corporate suck? Oh yeah, and then some, but Occam's Razer is at play here and really the simple explanation is the more plausible one - it's just good old fashioned incompetence paired with laziness.
I found the same zip code dealer issue last year when I made the reservation.

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford doesn't want dealers attracting this many out of territory buyers. Ford wants buyers going to their local dealerships.

Props to Grainger for playing the game and using the rules in their favor...but Ford has an entire dealer network to manage, not just one or two dealerships.

That said, if Ford is going to allow dealers to add ADM and play games with the pricing, then they should also allow dealerships to offer incentives that makes them more competitive. If that means a dealer like Grainger has great success and local dealer shits the bed...so be it.
There are, and have been for a long time, dealers selling all over the country. Woodhouse Ford in tiny Blair, NE has famously sold to all fifty states for at least 30 years. They are Ford's tenth largest dealer now.
It's just easier to try that model now in the age of Internet.

Last edited:

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I’m not a mopar guy, but that Jeep Wrangler is really starting to grow on me.
And with a decent color for only 245. But when did they start charging 245 for any color but white? Maybe Ford will do the same but only Black will be free. :cool:

Ford Bronco Granger Ford -2022 Bronco Allocation - No one said it was going to be easy 978F5985-4AD0-4C32-9334-DE305B55B3F7

Sponsored

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I could add to the list, but it's not simply about buying from a dealer down the road vs. across the country.

I can't opine on Ford's allocation methodology relative to other manufacturers and new product releases. I expect it was based on some of the same factors as the updated methodology. Part of the reason for their approach is to get dealers to sell the full line and not cherry pick. The other part is to ensure that each dealer gets a bite at the apple.

I 've said this a couple different ways, and won't beat the dead horse any longer - but no, I don't think it is equitable to all dealers to have one dealer go collect up all the orders for themselves. I don't think its equitable to allow Granger to have a disproportionate share of production so then can sell more, at the expense of other dealers.

And yes, I think that dealers who are price gouging are unprincipled morons who shouldn't be allowed to sell even one vehicle.
I doubt Ford has any issues with the product lines Granger sells the most of. I'm guessing Granger's biggest volume is in F-150s and are trying to be big in Broncos. I'm sure Ford would rather sell those than Ecosport. I would expect any well run dealership to carry the entire line but focus on what they have success selling. This appears to be exactly what Granger is doing.

Also note the Ford is providing an incentive for dealers to make investments to help promote Bronco sales in the form of increased allocation. Granger is making this investment. However, the increased allocation is not enough to justify joining the program. A dealer also generate increased sales. With the '21 allocation formula, this investment could pay off. Not so much with the '22 allocation formula so Ford is being unfair to Granger on this as well, but the point is, Ford incented dealers to specifically go after the Bronco market.

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don’t put words in my mouth. I 100% agree that moving to the direct sales model would be the best. But that’s not an option right now for Ford. As such, Ford shouldn’t artificially restrict dealers that are rising up despite the current backwards dealer model, and give them an equal share for building faith in their brand.
Not putting words in your mouth. Just following on with what you wrote.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There are, and have been for a long time, dealers selling all over the country. Woodhouse Ford in tiny Blair, NE has famously sold to all fifty states for at least 30 years. They are Ford's tenth largest dealer now.
It's just easier to try that model now in the age of Internet.
"Famously" might be a stretch. 🙂

I suspect selling to customers is one thing, Grainger was poaching customers, albeit willing customers, with sick discounts plastered publicly on enthusiast forums. They created a market for "under invoice" when most dealers are locked at MSRP. Good for them, but Grainger's interests might not be aligned with Ford's interests, and certainly not the interests of the dealer network, IMO. It boomeranged around.

I don't really care though, my dealer is 5 min from my house and has been good enough. I like to keep my money local.
Sponsored