Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
"Famously" might be a stretch. 🙂

I suspect selling to customers is one thing, Grainger was poaching customers, albeit willing customers, with sick discounts plastered publicly on enthusiast forums. They created a market for "under invoice" when most dealers are locked at MSRP. Good for them, but Grainger's interests might not be aligned with Ford's interests, and certainly not the interests of the dealer network, IMO. It boomeranged around.

I don't really care though, my dealer is 5 min from my house and has been good enough. I like to keep my money local.
That's the point everyone would LIKE to keep their money local. Not everyone is as fortunate as you to have a good local dealer. I had a day one reservation with a local dealership and went in there the next day for them to say 10K over MSRP. I have 5 Ford dealerships within a 25 mile radius of my house. I went to all of them and none would commit to a price. Just like the people who got their reservations jacked by dealers. That's why I just canceled my reservation and said that I would wait until the hype died down until I met Albert on the forum and a reserved with Granger. No one wants to buy a vehicle 16 hours away from their house. But I will for a dealership that I can trust.
Sponsored

Last edited:

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's the point everyone would LIKE to keep their money local. Not everyone is as fortunate as you to have a good local dealer. I had a day one reservation with a local dealership and went in there the next day for them to say 10K over MSRP. I have 5 Ford dealerships within a 25 mile radius of my house. I went to all of them and none would commit to a price. Just like the people who got their reservations jacked by dealers. That's why I just canceled my reservation and said that I would wait until the hype died down until I met Albert on the forum and a reserved wit Granger. No one wants to buy a vehicle 16 hours away from their house. But I will for a dealership that I can trust.
Plenty of Grainger customers here have acted like people are a "suckers" for paying MSRP because of all the "deals" from a few of these dealers. Their comments are laced throughout the forum. Plenty of them remarked about how they tried to get their dealers below MSRP or even below invoice, only to walk when they didn't get the price the wanted. Even showing the Grainger was offering X price and that the dealer needed to match it. I bet this pissed many dealers off.

So, I think some people are in your situation, a large majority just wanted a better deal though. I don't blame them, but apparently Ford didn't like that tactic.

Like I said though, if Ford is going to allow dealers to charge high ADM, then they should allow incentives that drive sales for other dealers. If they want to curtail the large incentives, then they should curtail high ADM.

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I suspect selling to customers is one thing, Grainger was poaching customers, albeit willing customers, with sick discounts plastered publicly on enthusiast forums. They created a market for "under invoice" when most dealers are locked at MSRP. Good for them, but Grainger's interests might not be aligned with Ford's interests, and certainly not the interests of the dealer network, IMO. It boomeranged around.

I don't really care though, my dealer is 5 min from my house and has been good enough. I like to keep my money local.
I said famously because it was in Woodhouse's ads for years. they bragged about selling all across the country.

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I feel really bad for Granger (and all the small classy dealerships like them), and all the reservation holders that Ford is totally screwing over. My Bronco is built (still on DM) and should be delivered by the end of the year to a small Utah dealership. So this 2022 and beyond allocation change does not (or at least it shouldn't) affect my Bronco.

I've never owned a Ford. This Bronco may be the first. We've been a Chevrolet and Mopar household for 20+ years. What initially open our minds (hearts) to buying a Ford Bronco was the way Ford went above and beyond during the early days of the pandemic to produce ventilation equipment and without expectations or contracts to get paid for it. My wife made a reservation for me early 7/14 as an anniversary gift. Since then I've spent countless hours researching, dreaming and talking about the 2 door BD headed my way. However, two recent things have me considering whether or not to take delivery.

First and foremost, is this recent allocation change and the way Ford has tossed aside reservation holders (their true customers) to capitulated to the big, obnoxious and apparently very whiney big volume dealerships, screwing dealerships like Granger in the process. It (@Ford) leaves a very bad taste in my mouth--to the point that I'm not sure I want to support such a classless, unethical, profit driven company now or ever! Second, is that I test drove one (4 door Badlands) a couple weeks ago at the Moab Off-Roadeo. Frankly it did not blow me away and did not drive/handle THAT much better than a comparable Jeep. The only thing keeping me from jumping ship right now, is that the 2 door Bronco is a little bigger than a 2 door JL, hitting what I consider to be the sweet spot size-wise for the kind of off-roading we do. I've got too much going on next week, but will be checking out a new JL the week afterwards. I'd say it's a 50/50 chance that I'll follow through with the Bronco right now.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Zach@Granger
I'm just diving into Jeep options/ordering for the first time. Is the Gecko green available in 22 on the Rubicon?
I appreciate it. I believe gecko green is shut down to start 2022.

Sponsored

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I called around and asked if any dealers near me would compete with Granger they said no. 🤷🏼‍♂️ They could have competed. No one was holding a gun to their heads. If granger can do it then everyone can.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I called around and asked if any dealers near me would compete with Granger they said no. 🤷🏼‍♂️ They could have competed. No one was holding a gun to their heads. If granger can do it then everyone can.
But Mama Ford will step in and make sure they don't have to compete.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Congrats. I don't begrudge you saving money, but let's also not act shocked when system bucks back at Grainger and others for their tactics.

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

But Mama Ford will step in and make sure they don't have to compete.
Yeah they are trying to herd us towards the ones selling units for 10 to 25 grand over MSRP. I have never paid MSRP in my life for any vehicle.

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Congrats. I don't begrudge you saving money, but let's also not act shocked when system bucks back at Grainger and others for their tactics.
If @Ford Motor Company wants to be more like Tesla, they are going in the complete wrong direction and willing to lose 100s of potential sales in the process. Some of them life long Ford guys like myself.

Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I feel really bad for Granger (and all the small classy dealerships like them), and all the reservation holders that Ford is totally screwing over. My Bronco is built (still on DM) and should be delivered by the end of the year to a small Utah dealership. So this 2022 and beyond allocation change does not (or at least it shouldn't) affect my Bronco.

I've never owned a Ford. This Bronco may be the first. We've been a Chevrolet and Mopar household for 20+ years. What initially open our minds (hearts) to buying a Ford Bronco was the way Ford went above and beyond during the early days of the pandemic to produce ventilation equipment and without expectations or contracts to get paid for it. My wife made a reservation for me early 7/14 as an anniversary gift. Since then I've spent countless hours researching, dreaming and talking about the 2 door BD headed my way. However, two recent things have me considering whether or not to take delivery.

First and foremost, is this recent allocation change and the way Ford has tossed aside reservation holders (their true customers) to capitulated to the big, obnoxious and apparently very whiney big volume dealerships, screwing dealerships like Granger in the process. It (@Ford) leaves a very bad taste in my mouth--to the point that I'm not sure I want to support such a classless, unethical, profit driven company now or ever! Second, is that I test drove one (4 door Badlands) a couple weeks ago at the Moab Off-Roadeo. Frankly it did not blow me away and did not drive/handle THAT much better than a comparable Jeep. The only thing keeping me from jumping ship right now, is that the 2 door Bronco is a little bigger than a 2 door JL, hitting what I consider to be the sweet spot size-wise for the kind of off-roading we do. I've got too much going on next week, but will be checking out a new JL the week afterwards. I'd say it's a 50/50 chance that I'll follow through with the Bronco right now.
Sincere question. Why wouldn’t you follow through? Makes no sense my friend. Dealer just sells at ADM to latecomer. Sorry, I don’t get it. If you don’t want it sell it to a forum member for a reasonable price or market value to the rich idiot.

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Probably not a popular opinion, but it is no more right for Granger to get all of the vehicles, than it is the big dealers. They must have had an idea what their allocation would be before this all started. To go out there and price cars below MSRP to get orders in the system Is fine, but it is not fine to take all of the production slots away from other dealers, including small dealers.

My order is with a small town dealer. I’ve purchased half a dozen vehicles from them over the years. They treat people fairly. They will price at MSRP, and I’ll wait for the vehicle. They need an equal shot at allocation versus someone like Granger that went out and loaded up with orders by pricing for less.

Everyone keeps talking allocation. This is not about allocation, it is about customer orders. Two completely different worlds when you open an individual reservation system. Otherwise it should be transparent with every dealership what their allocations are and how many remain on the Ford website.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I shop for a vehicle, I normally get multiple quotes. Sounds like you don't believe in a free market.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If @Ford Motor Company wants to be more like Tesla, they are going in the complete wrong direction and willing to lose 100s of potential sales in the process. Some of them life long Ford guys like myself.
There are some foolish enough to believe there’s a utopian Fernie Sanders Goldie Locks outcome, but cant exactly explain it and know it’s not realistic. Unsure why they’re here.
Sponsored