Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It will be interesting to see if they ever do this again. I suspect this might be a once and done experiment as its apparent that many dealers are not going to allow that model if they can help it.
They're already doing it again.
Mach E
F150 Lightning
Maverick
Sponsored

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford missed the mark by missing production capacity from the start.The demand supports the need for complete and full production by one facility.They screwed up by running production alongside the Ranger.

Ford should fill ALL the reservations and orders that were received before launch FIRST.

They won't do that because of many reasons.Mainly, it's a matter of getting all that they can from the current situation.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Zach is playing the game to maximize his opportunity. If the showroom investment makes sense, good for him. I’d be careful using a Bronco forum to market your Jeeps if you want Ford to do you any favors in the future.
I disagree with the way you are presenting that, because I know that they would sell me a Bronco without any discussion of a plan B, if that was possible. Ford is putting them in a position where the best answer they can give a potential customer is Plan B. I am going to wait to see what Ford does, but should they continue to play games with the reservations, ya, I will punch and get a Jeep. Why wouldn't I give Granger the business, they have done nothing but be open and forthcoming with me. If I don't get a second Bronco, that's all on Ford, not Granger. Granger isn't suggesting that I don't get a Bronco, they are offering me options should I not be able to get one. That's just treating your customers well, not trying to deny sales to Ford, it's on Ford not to F' this up.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

"Famously" might be a stretch. 🙂

I suspect selling to customers is one thing, Grainger was poaching customers, albeit willing customers, with sick discounts plastered publicly on enthusiast forums. They created a market for "under invoice" when most dealers are locked at MSRP. Good for them, but Grainger's interests might not be aligned with Ford's interests, and certainly not the interests of the dealer network, IMO. It boomeranged around.

I don't really care though, my dealer is 5 min from my house and has been good enough. I like to keep my money local.
Where is this information about dealers being "locked at MSRP"? This is the first I've heard of this. Every dealer gets the vehicles way below MSRP and chooses at what price they will sell. I have plenty of family who replace their cars with new ones every few years. None of them have ever paid MSRP. Plus dealers get extra incentives and even get "free" vehicles occasionally. My dad bought a Honda Odyssey dirt cheap because the dealer got two free ones and wanted to make a quick buck so offered them up well below invoice as long as you were willing to tajpke it that day.

And I don't know how many times we have to say this before everyone hears us... The majority of Granger buyers aren't saving money!!! We are buying from Granger for the 100% honest, personalized, customer-focussed experience.

If Ford kept to their original allocation formula, ALL the reservation holders would be getting Broncos in 2022. Every last one. But the new formula gives big city mega-dealers tons of stock for their lots before all the reservations are filled. Not just Granger, but every little family-run dealer in the country won't be given enough allocation to fill their orders. Even a mom and pop dealer with only 5 or 6 orders will be screwed. They will be lucky is Ford gives them one or two by this formula.

And "poaching" is a harsh accusation, especially in light of how every post Albert ever made included how happy they were for the people who could find local dealers who treat them right. And how Zach is now actively trying to help all his customers find a solution, EVEN if it means helping them switch dealers!

Since you've never talked to any of the staff at Granger I could see how you might misunderstand. But buying from Granger is certainly less about money than being treated like humans. If you were able to find this at a local dealer, I am happy for you, and the staff at Granger would be honestly happy for you.

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There are some foolish enough to believe there’s a utopian Fernie Sanders Goldie Locks outcome, but cant exactly explain it and know it’s not realistic. Unsure why they’re here.
I just want @Ford Motor Company to honor the reservation system they set up.

Sponsored

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Funny how Ford is "bucking back" against these dealers, but their hands are always tied when dealing with the ones stealing reservations, marking up upon arrival, etc. Well, not funny...but you get the point.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This whole reservation fiasco will end in a class action lawsuit. Maybe not the Bronco, maybe not Ford, but it’s inevitable.

Ford failed by changing the rules after customers made their dealer choices. They also created the fury by eliminating the X-Plan at the last minute.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Where is this information about dealers being "locked at MSRP"? This is the first I've heard of this. Every dealer gets the vehicles way below MSRP and chooses at what price they will sell. I have plenty of family who replace their cars with new ones every few years. None of them have ever paid MSRP. Plus dealers get extra incentives and even get "free" vehicles occasionally. My dad bought a Honda Odyssey dirt cheap because the dealer got two free ones and wanted to make a quick buck so offered them up well below invoice as long as you were willing to tajpke it that day.

And I don't know how many times we have to say this before everyone hears us... The majority of Granger buyers aren't saving money!!! We are buying from Granger for the 100% honest, personalized, customer-focussed experience.

If Ford kept to their original allocation formula, ALL the reservation holders would be getting Broncos in 2022. Every last one. But the new formula gives big city mega-dealers tons of stock for their lots before all the reservations are filled. Not just Granger, but every little family-run dealer in the country won't be given enough allocation to fill their orders. Even a mom and pop dealer with only 5 or 6 orders will be screwed. They will be lucky is Ford gives them one or two by this formula.

And "poaching" is a harsh accusation, especially in light of how every post Albert ever made included how happy they were for the people who could find local dealers who treat them right. And how Zach is now actively trying to help all his customers find a solution, EVEN if it means helping them switch dealers!

Since you've never talked to any of the staff at Granger I could see how you might misunderstand. But buying from Granger is certainly less about money than being treated like humans. If you were able to find this at a local dealer, I am happy for you, and the staff at Granger would be honestly happy for you.
"Locked in" is a poor use of words...most are priced at MSRP.

Two people can view the same situation differently. I don't 100% agree with your assessment, which is fine. we don't have to agree.

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don’t disagree with you. I’d say Zach is smart to try to sell you another type of car. I think he should tread cautiously with Ford if he is hoping for supplemental allocation in the future or additional speciality product like Raptor on Warthog. Starting a thread and reaching out to Bronco customers with a 4% Jeep message doesn’t look great for a Ford dealer. I’m not sure what the franchising folks think of that.
They've had both Grainger Ford & Grainger Motors since 1987...it's a bit late in the game for Ford to make a kick about that now. If a customer can't find/receive what they want at one, why wouldn't they refer you to their other business? I'm sure they send people both ways - it's called customer service...

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sincere question. Why wouldn’t you follow through? Makes no sense my friend. Dealer just sells at ADM to latecomer. Sorry, I don’t get it. If you don’t want it sell it to a forum member for a reasonable price or market value to the rich idiot.
Why wouldn't I. Personal principles I guess. If I get to the point that I don't want it. I'll certainly give forum members an opportunity to buy it from me, as long as I don't loose anything.

Sponsored

Tonsterboy

Badlands
First Name
antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who knows, this might actually backfire on Ford in a way not yet discussed.
-Everyone will be price protected until 2023 (if they don’t back down on this promise)
-inflation is very high
-gas prices are rising
-the chip shortage is forecasted to end by next fall.
-the big cry baby dealers that can’t collect orders will be receiving large amounts of dealer stock.
All of these thing combined will lead to an “excess” of Broncos being sent to these big dealers, when this happens they will go unsold and they will cry to Ford about needing some relief in the form of rebates. This will get us these Broncos even cheaper than Ford ever imagined when you couple it with the price locks. After all the bronco isn’t a limited production vehicle like the raptor. It’s a mass produced vehicle with initial hiccups.

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Who knows, this might actually backfire on Ford in a way not yet discussed.
-Everyone will be price protected until 2023 (if they don’t back down on this promise)
-inflation is very high
-gas prices are rising
-the chip shortage is forecasted to end by next fall.
-the big cry baby dealers that can’t collect orders will be receiving large amounts of dealer stock.
All of these thing combined will lead to an “excess” of Broncos being sent to these big dealers, when this happens they will go unsold and they will cry to Ford about needing some relief in the form of rebates. This will get us these Broncos even cheaper than Ford ever imagined when you couple it with the price locks. After all the bronco isn’t a limited production vehicle like the raptor. It’s a mass produced vehicle with initial hiccups.
I wouldn't count on that pipe dream coming true.

Besides.........there's no inflation.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Every dealer near me said the same thing MSRP on customer orders. Not a single one would provide that in writing though.

Granger got their orders based on honestly and communication, not pricing. The pricing helps, sure, but $1000 off invoice means a savings of about $1400 total off MSRP, and it would cost more than that to ship to Phoenix. If I lived within a couple state radius...

This isn't a Raptor or GT500. Ford needs to cut allocations entirely and do what they prommised to do, build Customer Broncos before dealer stock. They can set up an allocation system for excess builds.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why wouldn't I. Personal principles I guess. If I get to the point that I don't want it. I'll certainly give forum members an opportunity to buy it from me, as long as I don't loose anything.
Principles don’t teach Ford anything at this point in your situation. It’s built. It’ll be delivered. Take delivery and sell. Maybe that’s what you’re saying, but sorry I didnt get that from your post. Good luck.

WarringEagle

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford could partially fix this by offering X Plan pricing and getting dealers to accept it.. No expectations thats going to happen.
Sponsored