First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford could partially fix this by offering X Plan pricing and getting dealers to accept it.. No expectations thats going to happen.
Sponsored

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who knows, this might actually backfire on Ford in a way not yet discussed.
-Everyone will be price protected until 2023 (if they don’t back down on this promise)
-inflation is very high
-gas prices are rising
-the chip shortage is forecasted to end by next fall.
-the big cry baby dealers that can’t collect orders will be receiving large amounts of dealer stock.
All of these thing combined will lead to an “excess” of Broncos being sent to these big dealers, when this happens they will go unsold and they will cry to Ford about needing some relief in the form of rebates. This will get us these Broncos even cheaper than Ford ever imagined when you couple it with the price locks. After all the bronco isn’t a limited production vehicle like the raptor. It’s a mass produced vehicle with initial hiccups.
These dealerships are going to have a hard time selling these overstock Broncos they get. They won’t be built properly so the off road enthusiast won’t be buying. They will end up taking money off to try and move them. If Ford was smart (which we all no they are not) they would build to reserved time stamp. It would keep the hype up and people would continue to order them to get their hands on the holy grail. With how it is all gone down,I believe in my opinion, the big bronco may not be built that long. 10-15 years, and that’s about the time it will take to finish getting everyone there reserved bronco. It’s actually pretty sad to think about. I do hope I am wrong.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

These dealerships are going to have a hard time selling these overstock Broncos they get. They won’t be built properly so the off road enthusiast won’t be buying. They will end up taking money off to try and move them. If Ford was smart (which we all no they are not) they would build to reserved time stamp. It would keep the hype up and people would continue to order them to get their hands on the holy grail. With how it is all gone down,I believe in my opinion, the big bronco may not be built that long. 10-15 years, and that’s about the time it will take to finish getting everyone there reserved bronco. It’s actually pretty sad to think about. I do hope I am wrong.
Sadly you may be right. I would love to think that Bronco will be around for a long time this time around, but it seems almost jinxed. Ford would need a lot of us to be repeat Bronco buyers, but the more they show us how little they care about the end user, the less likely we will each be buying several Broncos in our lifetimes.😕

Sponsored

11Bronco1776

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 1994.5 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My grandfather owned a gas station that my father worked in as a young boy. It was what you would picture as a typical small town full-service gas station in rural Iowa. He grew up around the gas station and that is where he learned his blue-collar work-ethic. It is also where he first started to sell used cars at the age of 16. Fast-forward to 1978 he purchased a Dodge store in Granger, Iowa and later in 1987 he purchased a Ford dealership in Dallas Center, Iowa. He then relocated the Ford store to Granger and become what is now Granger Motors & Granger Ford.

He had a saying when we would complain growing up. “If it was easy, everyone would do it.” The last week has been a great reminder of that. Our staff, starting with Albert and now continuing with a 5-member team, has worked very hard over the last 16 months. Yesterday’s allocation announcement was a gut-punch. I tend to be a glass is half-full guy, and this certainly has been a test of that.

We have the Bronco6G community and a lot of loyal customers to thank for all their support and my responsibility lies with them. We want them to be taken care of properly. There is no other way to sugar coat it, the allocation formula does the biggest disservice to our customers. Ford decided to dip their toes in the “reservation” system emulating a method made popular by Tesla’s recent success. In the end, they couldn’t dive all the way in and reverted more closely back to the franchise/allocation system that has been in place for over 100 years. I get it. You want to reward the dealerships that have sold hundreds and thousands of vehicles on an annual basis. The franchise system also benefits the consumer because of discounts and aggressive pricing. If this was Tesla, there would be no discounts. There would be no Granger Ford.

To recap 2021, we received allocation of 203 units. This was on roughly 600 reservations we received before the allocation cutoff. It was reasonable to assume that moving from 6 to 12 months of production would safely bump our allocation to around 400. It was also a reasonable assumption that including all reservations as a factor, instead of just the September cutoff (1300+ reservations), would double our allocation count again to around 800 units. Adjusted down slightly, we were anticipating 700-ish Broncos for 2022. That isn’t how it is going to work out. Moving the “bronco” factor down from 50% to 25% and moving the factor from reservations to 2021 allocations was the worst possible scenario for our customers. We are left with 1075 orders converted from reservations currently. I would anticipate being able to fill 10-20% of our reservation count for 2022. That amounts to 120-220 Units depending on how production plays out. We received 11 for 2022 Model Year production start up.

So where do we go from here? Like I said before, our obligation lies with you the customer. So, whether you end up purchasing your Bronco from me or not, I want you to have a great experience and I want you to get your Bronco. So, there are a few things we can do as a store to help increase that allocation number.

What is Granger Ford going to do?

1. Bronco Facility – There is a Bronco facility upgrade that dealerships can opt into. This can increase our 2022 Allocation by 18 total units. We are absolutely going to spend the money and sign up for this.

2. Bronco Sport Sales – 25% of the allocation formula is Bronco Sport sales. We are going to become better at selling Bronco Sports than Broncos. We are now offering 6% under invoice on a Bronco Sport order. We are going to get as creative as possible to shoot this sales number up ASAP. We are going to be relentless in this pursuit. In my mind, this is our biggest opportunity.

3. Share of Nation Sales – This is over a 36-month period, so it’s going to be the hardest number to move. But because of our loyal online following and progressive business model. We have quickly moved up 20+ spots in our region YTD and I anticipate being one of the biggest, if not the biggest, Ford dealer in the state of Iowa for 2022.

4. We are committed to only selling to our reservation holders - 100% of our Broncos delivered have been to our reservation holders. Ford lowered the dealer’s name match standard to 60% because other dealers seem to have trouble making that work. We have it down to a science and will continue to value long-term commitments rather than short term profit.
Bronco Name Match.PNG

5. Discount lock-in – We absolutely are going to honor our pricing agreements with our customers. $1000 under invoice or $2000 under invoice October special. This will not change.

6. Honest Conversations – Over the next 30+ days we are going to have open and honest conversations regarding your reservation and where you stand among our total reservation count. We will do our best to advise you of your best options and talk you through what makes the most sense for you. We are going to have your best interest in mind, regardless of whether you end up purchasing from us.

What can our reservation holders do?

1. Hang in there – No, we’re not going to send you a hammock. But I know there are a collection of our reservation holders that are loyal to us and how we do business. Their patience will be put to the test, but we are going to do our best to give monthly updates on our allocation and progress that we’re making on Bronco deliveries as well as our other goals to increase allocation.

2. Buy a Wrangler/Gladiator at 4% Under Invoice – if you are tired of the Bronco ride, we can offer you a Wrangler/Gladiator purchase at 4% under invoice and have it delivered to our store in 60-90 days. 2022 Wrangler and Gladiator ordering opened yesterday. Email [email protected] and we’ll be happy to send you a quote.

3. Find Another Bronco Dealer – I have confirmed that Ford will allow transferring of reservations/orders. We have heard of ADM horror stories, but there are other dealerships who are treating customers right. While they may not match our discounted pricing, you can make some calls/send some emails to other dealers and see where they stand. If you choose to transfer, you’ll need to call Ford’s customer service line at 1(800)392-3673 and request a transfer.

The next 12 months are going to be a grind and we’re committed to working harder than we have the past 16 months. We are starting to reap the rewards of our labor and by the end of the year, we will have the pleasure of delivering 150+ Broncos to our reservation holders. I don’t want your sympathy. We signed up for this. If anyone deserves your sympathy it is our reservations holders, who in my opinion, only deserve the best. We will keep grinding and we’re not going anywhere. Hey! If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Zach
Man. You guys kick ass and it's total b.s. Ford isnt seeing it that way. Maybe there is a collective effort we can do to send @fordcoporate a letter, hoping to change their minds and in turn hooking you guys up properly.

Thanks for being awesome. We will see what unfolds.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Allocations aside all orders that can be built should be based solely off reservation/order date and not which dealerships sold the most of anything. I'm planning on buying from Granger and will patiently wait but at the end of the day this doesn't just hurt the small dealerships, it hurts the clients who placed reservations.

Ford half assed the online orders and now doesn't know how to handle it. I think at this point we can safely say the Bronco launch has been anything but a success.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford needs to realize that a pre-order system and an allocation system do not work together. The pre-orders should be independent of allocations. They are trying to emulate what other online car dealers are doing, but still using their antiquated ways to do it. I hope they realize that we as customers went out on a limb to pre-order the Bronco to help make them successful. They could return the favor by building them in order as they originally promised.

I went to Ford.com to place my order not Granger, but I did select Granger as my preferred dealer as the Ford website allowed me to do. When I did this there was no mention of allocations, only that orders would get filled in order as much as humanly possible.

www86aws

Base
First Name
Aws
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I feel bad for you guys... I'm glad I canceled my reservation. I can only imagine the frustration. Looking forward to buy a Bronco in the next 3-5 years. Also, nice customer service from granger. Insta: @DEVZR2

Ford Bronco Granger Ford -2022 Bronco Allocation - No one said it was going to be easy Photo_6553701_DJI_101_jpg_4007428_0_2021925162458_photo_original

Ford Bronco Granger Ford -2022 Bronco Allocation - No one said it was going to be easy 20210925_142834

Ford Bronco Granger Ford -2022 Bronco Allocation - No one said it was going to be easy 20210925_133310

Ford Bronco Granger Ford -2022 Bronco Allocation - No one said it was going to be easy 20210925_113847

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel bad for you guys... I'm glad I canceled my reservation. I can only imagine the frustration. Looking forward to buy a Bronco in the next 3-5 years. Also, nice customer service from granger. Insta: @DEVZR2

Ford Bronco Granger Ford -2022 Bronco Allocation - No one said it was going to be easy 20210925_113847

Good looking ZR2! That was high on my list when the bronco was announced.

Sponsored

jfirwin

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Proposed email to Ford

I’ve recently been made aware of a decision that Ford has made regarding Bronco allocation formula to dealers. This allocation formula does a disservice to your customers. I understand the franchise/allocation system has been in place for over 100 years. I get it. You want to reward the dealerships that have sold hundreds and thousands of vehicles on an annual basis. The franchise system also benefits the consumer because the dealer can offer discounts and aggressive pricing. My dealer, Granger Ford of Iowa has embraced this and has 1300+ confirmed Bronco reservations to date. They have 1075 orders pending.

This new scheme means they can anticipate being able to fill 10-20% of Bronco reservations in 2022 . Approximately 800 confirmed Bronco reservation holders will not be satisfied in 2022. While I can't claim to understand the byzantine calculus that makes alienating 800 early Bronco adopters an option, I do urge you to reconsider.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Proposed email to Ford

I’ve recently been made aware of a decision that Ford has made regarding Bronco allocation formula to dealers. This allocation formula does a disservice to your customers. I understand the franchise/allocation system has been in place for over 100 years. I get it. You want to reward the dealerships that have sold hundreds and thousands of vehicles on an annual basis. The franchise system also benefits the consumer because the dealer can offer discounts and aggressive pricing. My dealer, Granger Ford of Iowa has embraced this and has 1300+ confirmed Bronco reservations to date. They have 1075 orders pending.

This new scheme means they can anticipate being able to fill 10-20% of Bronco reservations in 2022 . Approximately 800 confirmed Bronco reservation holders will not be satisfied in 2022. While I can't claim to understand the byzantine calculus that makes alienating 800 early Bronco adopters an option, I do urge you to reconsider.
Nice! You may also want to include your personal journey, and the fact that with 1075 others, mostly through the power of social media, we are legion. Not to mention their promise to build in the order of reservation...

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have waved Ford's flag for many, many years but this past year has made me seriously question my future support of this company. I think that Ford has committed some very serious errors in judgement/character that may make this Bronco a flash in the pan instead of a serious competitor. Unfortunately, it has nothing to do with the vehicle and everything to do with the company making it. I believe Ford has become too nearsighted to see the value in future customers and future sales. They seem to have done plenty to try and ensure that there will be no repeat business. For me, talking out both sides of their mouth about having no control over dealers charging adm while cutting allocation for dealers that decided to earn customer's business has all but sealed the deal. I'm interested to see how this turns out in the end, but I don't know that my mind can be changed. Ford changing direction due to social pressure doesn't make them any better in my mind. Ford needs to start doing the right thing the first time.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who knows, this might actually backfire on Ford in a way not yet discussed.
-Everyone will be price protected until 2023 (if they don’t back down on this promise)
-inflation is very high
-gas prices are rising
-the chip shortage is forecasted to end by next fall.
-the big cry baby dealers that can’t collect orders will be receiving large amounts of dealer stock.
All of these thing combined will lead to an “excess” of Broncos being sent to these big dealers, when this happens they will go unsold and they will cry to Ford about needing some relief in the form of rebates. This will get us these Broncos even cheaper than Ford ever imagined when you couple it with the price locks. After all the bronco isn’t a limited production vehicle like the raptor. It’s a mass produced vehicle with initial hiccups.
No chance, Ford will consider 'price locking' a previous offer and not allow it to be combined with any rebates. They will stick it to the reservation holders as per always.

I actually am seeing a little positive spin here. As a Grangetober order, I will get to see the new 4Runner first (which is a perfectly viable substitute for a Bronco for my use) and have a couple model years of Bronco to see how they are doing from a quality standpoint and any improvements.

As to Ford's apparent puzzlement over why people are furious that they backed off on building in order Nation-wide rather than per dealer (and more going to Ford's preferred dealer), they haven't seen anything yet. When people understand in their gut that the 2022 allocation means that Ford completely abandoned the promise to build reservations before stock orders, they will lose their shit.

People could deal with inequality on the time stamps, but that was because they believed there was an upper limit on waiting. That being production capacity in 2022. They knew they were getting one for sure before Summer ended (very high percentage anyway). Once they see people walking into dealers and impulse buying and that they will be pushed into late 2022, or 2023, or... to support big dealers having that stock will alienate them forever from Ford.

Blaming and punishing the end consumer for picking the 'wrong dealer' after touting the ability to select their preferred dealer in the reservation process is going to, and rightfully so, piss people off for a lifetime.

They only way out without a public relations disaster is to implement special allocations to finish the reservation holders in 2022 if not completely before stock orders, then mostly before. I have low faith in that outcome. During this process; Ford is making more bad decisions then they are making Broncos and I expect that to continue.

Last edited:

UPnort

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I called around and asked if any dealers near me would compete with Granger they said no. đŸ€·đŸŒâ€â™‚ïž They could have competed. No one was holding a gun to their heads. If granger can do it then everyone can.
I'd like to add that these "reservations" were originally not going to dip into any dealer allocation. Even if a dealer sold a Bronco for a 1$ profit, that would be 1 more dollar to the bottom line without an allocation hit. Dealers got greedy... dealers got very greedy seeing a fat pig and Ford said "yes, by all means stick it to those lowly peasants, in fact let us change the rules and help you do it." Maniacal laughs*. Look at good ol boy Mike's tweets and what the corporation really thinks of us peons. I'm not saying this as an empty threat because I really don't know what I will do but after over a year of these games just kind of feeling defeated. It's one after another from Ford. Above all (behind Bronco) I want a manual.. hate jeeps, so looking at Tacomas which leaves me even more defeated when it's not my passion and been looking for a Bronco almost 20 years. Im one of Grangers last few reservations so I knew I had some time to go but thats a 5 yr wait as of a couple days ago now. That I won't do. Won't switch dealers either. Besides price the naysayers don't understand the work Granger staff has put in and given everyone the warm fuzzies. Now they just need to add Toyota to their line up for the trifecta and I would make the 6 hr drive to pay the same as here.
Sponsored