Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've been reading through my old emails from Ford. There are mutiple communications that mention "some" orders may be deliveried in 2022.

That stuff about promises...

I had two reservations with Granger and cancelled the one from July 20 because Ford repeatedly told me that "some" Broncos would not be delivered until 2022.

Ford never once clarified that MANY Broncos would be in 2023 and 2024 and 2025, and if their allocation formula stays the same, and Granger's customers don't all buy Jeeps, some Broncos won't be delivered until 2026.🙁
Sponsored

Dvanderm

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Aspen
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sure they can. That’s why Granger offered $2k below invoice and others are saying above msrp.

Where do I get a new Tesla below msrp?
Curious to see how customers who bought from dealers that provide costs under MSRP, like Granger, Chapman, etc. to see if the final deal was still good. I had 3 dealers today, including a very large volume dealer in CA tell me to not believe the $$$ under MSRP because those dealers will add costs at the end. Personally, I give dealers who offer good deals the benefit of the doubt until they prove themselves to be untrustworthy.

If you have bought from such a dealer, would love to know if the deal was as promised.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Curious to see how customers who bought from dealers that provide costs under MSRP, like Granger, Chapman, etc. to see if the final deal was still good. I had 3 dealers today, including a very large volume dealer in CA tell me to not believe the $$$ under MSRP because those dealers will add costs at the end. Personally, I give dealers who offer good deals the benefit of the doubt until they prove themselves to be untrustworthy.

If you have bought from such a dealer, would love to know if the deal was as promised.
Many of Granger's customers have posted on this forum. Many have also purchased multiple different vehicles from Granger. Every single post so far reiterates what we all know... These really are good people.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

CA doc fee is $85, a lot of dealer doc fees in other states are $500-$800 bucks. So this adds to their ability to advertise lower prices.
Huntington Beach Jeep dealer advertised low prices but to get the $2k in savings you have to buy $2,500 in extra. Don’t buy the extras you have to pay msrp.

Bottom line find a dealer you trust build a relationship with them. I like small dealers and deal direct with the owners. Large volume dealers are terrible!

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was just perusing Levine's twitter feed and he's not only still pushing the 'then switch to a dealer with more allocation' bullshit, but is posting that dealer allocation has always been a factor in when reservation holders would get their Bronco's
Screenshot_20211011-212251_Twitter.jpg

Though in the section about 'Reservation Timestamp' it mentions having received over 190,000 reservations. This was clearly written after the initial round of reservations.

Orwell's animal farm is alive and well at Ford corporate....
I tried pointing that out on his posts with (I think) @jonwithanelcamino but no response. He claimed on that thread that it's been that way since orders opened, which may be true. But definitely hasn't been "always".

This just tells me they saw this coming as early as order time and rather than addressing the issue then, just quietly changed the terms and punted.

Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

HA! Also an attorney, but hadn't made it to the FAQs yet. I went back and found my reservation email and clicked through to read the T&Cs again, which are . . . not favorable to our cause at all and do not appear to have been changed.
Yeah, I wouldn't hang my hat on the FAQ change. I'm not the type of person that will tilt at windmills out of rage and a sense of "justice". That said, seeing Levine pretend that allocations were always part of it really pisses me off when it absolutely wasn't disclosed or envisioned as that when most of us placed our reservations.

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
HA! Also an attorney, but hadn't made it to the FAQs yet. I went back and found my reservation email and clicked through to read the T&Cs again, which are . . . not favorable to our cause at all and do not appear to have been changed.
I thought it was odd that the reservation T&C that their FAQs linked to were for the Mustang Mach-E. Looking at the way back machine, they didn’t add the dealer allocation language to the FAQs until October 2020, but they still linked to the wrong reservation T&C.

https://www.ford.com/help/terms-conditions/

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've said it multiple times before, as I've sat in on a good many dealer council calls and spoken to the Bronco brand manager multiple times, it wasn't solely the dealers who got the allocation formula changed. Ford was not a fan of what happened with the low ball pricing strategy. Sure, I think the dealers definitely complained, but that was not the driving decision. It absolutely was a brand devaluing tactic that drove it.
Nothing could possibly devalue the Ford brand more than what they themselves just pulled on their customers.

#fuckford #firefarley #levineisatool #reservationsoverallocations

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Every reservation holder that buys a different (Non Ford vehicle) due to the #reservationsoverallocations should take a picture and Tweet Levine & Farley. Show the Twitter verse that you were driven to buy a competitor because @Ford Motor Company changed the rules.

Sponsored

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford is king of unforced errors with this launch. I bought in on their new Bronco lifestyle brand, I ordered two, a base and a Badlands. I had a great time at off-roadeo NH it is run by a great group. Hell, I even bought the $70 Bronco dog bowl while I was there. 😂
Now Ford is telling me my 7/14/20 reservation 1/23/21 order may be a 2023? Or maybe a late 2022 but they have no idea because some dealers will be getting stock before my order?
I’ll be driving my Rubicon instead.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe you would like to buy cars like you do cereal? Cereal one pays a 40% mark up with no negotiation or haggle pricing.
In the system you hate, you pay 4% for vehicles if you pay msrp. If you purchase for invoice you are paying about 1% markup. Id rather pay this 1% rather than the 40% markup at grocery stores!
Competition drives down prices. We should spec out our vehicles and let dealers bid for our business.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a number of ideas on this, but so you know, courts can award equitable remedies as well as legal (monetary) remedies. The most simple but weakest angle is simply a breach of contract action. I have to think about this a little more, but i certainly remember giving 100 bucks in trade for a place in line. Is that a contract? I don't know, i guess i'll find out, but I don't hate it. Illinois also has a law that prevents deceptive trade practices which include attorney's fees and damages, this one looks like it has potential as well. Now as you mentioned, monetary damages are hard to prove up in this case, although with some work i think i may be able to figure something out. Here's where it gets better, promissory estoppel, also known as detrimental reliance in some states.

the elements necessary to prove this are:

● A promise is made that is reasonably expected to induce action or forbearance (by the promissor;

● An action or forbearance is carried out (by the promisee) that is based on justifiable reliance on the promise; and

● Injustice can be avoided only through enforcement of the promise.

This seems to be my route most likely to be fruitful. Don't forget, i only need to survive a motion to dismiss to start litigation, and a properly pled complaint is all it takes. I think the necessary facts are here to make it work. Discovery is a powerful tool and will give me access to everything i need to prove my case right up to text messages off the CEO's telephone. All those changes made to the website about the reservations, yeah....i'm going to know all about every little period, comma, and word that was changed on the website and when and why it happened. All the social media and announcements by Ford about how they will fill customer orders before they send out dealer stock, rack it up in my disco pile. I'll get all internal communications about how the 22 allocation system came to be. There will probably be some juicy stuff about this breaking of promises on the inside i'm assuming.

Hell hath no fury like an attorney scorned because he can't get his Bronco until 2045.
Ford Bronco Granger Ford -2022 Bronco Allocation - No one said it was going to be easy 1634038712889