Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So the idea is that a dealer will choose to sell dealer stock to someone other than a reservation holder at that dealer (for a massive markup)? I'm sure many will go for the big markup ... maybe even my dealer who so far seems to be treating everyone consistently - MSPR + $1200, $2,000 deposit. I'd like to think if they have dealer stock close to what I want I'd get a call ... maybe I'm smoking crack. Will the market support $5k+ markup a year from now (assuming some level of dealer stock at competing dealers)?

Time will tell ...
Sponsored

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As of now- Ford really doesn’t care what we think. Now let a couple of competitors develop an equal to the bronco - and they will see many lost customers. ( long live the scout!)
Build a Scout that is similar to Bronco!!!!! Count me in. Unfortunately it probably wouldn’t show up until 2030 🤣🤪

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are there dealers who are getting more allocation than orders?
I'd love to get that list. Do you believe these are large dealers or small dealers?
The allocations are being done one month at a time so there is no list yet.

The issue comes 8 (or whatever) months down the road when many dealerships get to the end of their list and Granger still has 750 reservationists waiting.

Of course Ford may alter the allocation formula as the year progresses to avoid this. But they also may not, and most of us are betting on that outcome, since we don't foresee a situation where Ford would constrict the number of Broncos flowing to big volume dealers in order to suddenly ship 750 Broncos to one dealer in Iowa.

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Haven't been paying much attention as I've been patiently waiting to order my MY22 with my 7/16 reservation........now I see this. This sucks. Yeah, Ford can bite it but nothing I can do and I'm not playing any more games switching around to desperately give them money. Guess I'll wait a bit longer.

But in the mean time I went ahad and placed an order for this, and it's supposed to be here in December so guess I'll still have some fun this coming year!

Ford Bronco Granger Ford -2022 Bronco Allocation - No one said it was going to be easy 1634061549852

ELKS1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford will adjust allocations, presumably in approximately the same ratio either plus or minus for the dealers. Allocations will match production.

It is not that Ford cannot make enough in 2022 to fill all the reservation orders (or 2023 if commodities go missing again), it is that they are CHOOSING to give allocations to some dealers that exceed their orders. While those extra allocations are turned into dealer stock to sell to anyone, those with reservation converted orders get pushed back later, in the extreme case of Granger, like three years later.
I am reading this right sonic you have an order with one of these larger dealers like Granger you will be pushed back another 2-3 years? Is this only true for those who ordered with the bigger dealers?

Sponsored

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The allocations are being done one month at a time so there is no list yet.

The issue comes 8 (or whatever) months down the road when many dealerships get to the end of their list and Granger still has 750 reservationists waiting.

Of course Ford may alter the allocation formula as the year progresses to avoid this. But they also may not, and most of us are betting on that outcome, since we don't foresee a situation where Ford would constrict the number of Broncos flowing to big volume dealers in order to suddenly ship 750 Broncos to one dealer in Iowa.
Maybe Ford is smacking a dealer selling below MSRP? Do you see this as mostly a Granger issue? I’m in Denver so no dog in that hunt.

Last edited:

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe Ford is smacking a dealer selling below MSRP? Do see this as mostly a Granger issue? I’m in Denver so no fog in that hunt.
It is Ford smacking certain dealers. Also anyone who happened to order from those dealers. That's why those customers are pissed at Ford about it.

I don't think it's right for Ford to punish Granger for selling trucks, but you can at least understand the logic. What makes zero sense to me is punishing certain Bronco buyers for not correctly predicting the internal rules of Ford's 2022 business plan. Is it worth pissing off a bunch of hardcore Bronco fans to smack a dealership around?

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd love to get that list. Do you believe these are large dealers or small dealers?
Seriously. If Ford is serious about switching to other dealers, they could highlight the dealers trying to move allocations. Of course when we call around to dealers ourselves we are given non-answers, complete BS, or someone who has no clue.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are absolutely right. I'm angry at Ford for not letting the dealerships compete.
And there over one thousand potential owners caught up in this just at one dealer
The dealers did compete that’s why Granger has a 1k orders/reservations. Choosing to still go with Granger after all those reservations was the choice of each individual.
I tried to tell everyone about Chuck Anderson Ford and their awesome customer service and $500 below invoice Bronco order but was laughed off this website. Chuck Anderson Ford is less than 200 miles away from Granger, but no another $500 savings….

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It is Ford smacking certain dealers. Also anyone who happened to order from those dealers. That's why those customers are pissed at Ford about it.

I don't think it's right for Ford to punish Granger for selling trucks, but you can at least understand the logic. What makes zero sense to me is punishing certain Bronco buyers for not correctly predicting the internal rules of Ford's 2022 business plan. Is it worth pissing off a bunch of hardcore Bronco fans to smack a dealership around?
I guess Ford might have an opinion on that different than your and mine.

Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The dealers did compete that’s why Granger has a 1k orders/reservations. Choosing to still go with Granger after all those reservations was the choice of each individual.
I tried to tell everyone about Chuck Anderson Ford and their awesome customer service and $500 below invoice Bronco order but was laughed off this website. Chuck Anderson Ford is less than 200 miles away from Granger, but no another $500 savings….
Sorry, but I don't recall seeing Chuck Anderson Ford with a presence on this forum making the offer public and providing valuable information for reservation holders no matter their dealer location.

KS-David-D

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Jeep Liberty bmw r 1200gs
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had a granger October reservation but canceled due to all the issues. I’m now looking at placing an order and I’m willing to wait for what I want. So do I reorder with Granger or try somewhere else. My hometown dealer is clueless or crooked because they won’t disclose allocations or # of orders. Also dodged the MSRP price question twice. Is Granger still taking orders?

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is no list, that would make too much sense for Ford to provide. It is simple addition and subtraction. Whatever secret formula they are using to determine allocation is pushing at least one dealer (Granger) out three or so years, if the allocations stay steady. So unless you believe that Ford cannot make the remainder of 90K reservation order Bronco's in the next three years, then there have to be excess slots going to other dealers in excess of their reservation converted orders. Ford maintains that they can run about 5K Bronco's a week if they push overtime. That is about 120 weeks of real production time or over half a million Broncos in three years. 90K orders left to satisfy the reservation holders. Where do you think those other Broncos are going? VIP's, Tibet, Perhaps with Musk to Mars?
Sponsored