indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Seriously. If Ford is serious about switching to other dealers, they could highlight the dealers trying to move allocations. Of course when we call around to dealers ourselves we are given non-answers, complete BS, or someone who has no clue.
Exactly. Other than going on assumption that an alternate dealer will have a good combination of sales volume, Bronco Sport volume, reservations/orders, and future allocations based off it ... we really don't know. Would I have to start researching sales volume of Chicagoland dealerships and trying to collect metrics?

And then assuming I find a dealer with good metrics, would that dealer provide a reasonable deal, put it in writing and not try to scam. Or would I have to start the search for buried treasure over again with a different dealer. The process seems messed up.

Why even have the reservations when in reality you are flying blind with other constraints of which you might not have the information to make an informed decision.
Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The dealers did compete that’s why Granger has a 1k orders/reservations. Choosing to still go with Granger after all those reservations was the choice of each individual.
I tried to tell everyone about Chuck Anderson Ford and their awesome customer service and $500 below invoice Bronco order but was laughed off this website. Chuck Anderson Ford is less than 200 miles away from Granger, but no another $500 savings….
I'll tell you what, I don't recall ever seeing this information. Thanks for sharing it. I'm going to PM you for a name to contact at Chuck Anderson Ford. It's just as easy to fly in there as it is Des Moines. If I can't get a Chicago area dealer to negotiate a fair price, then I'll call your contact at Chuck Anderson Ford. Deal? Thanks again.

edit: Option to stay at Granger is very much in play as well. If I can't get a written agreement, there's no chance I'm moving the order.

Last edited:
First Name
Neo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra Supercharged
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ganger needs to sue Ford. Granger certainly will be harmed. I have not been part of a reservation list before and not sure I ever will again. Certainly not with Ford. If they cannot deliver vehicles to the reservation holders as promised, I will be buying a Jeep. Too bad Ford, fumbled again.

detroitcarguy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am not trying to add fuel to a fire, but I tried telling the forum members going to smaller dealers that this was going to happen. I was laughed at.....I was messaged privately and told I was an idiot. I tried explaining that I was intimately aware of the allocation system. I was essentially laughed at......wow.

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Serious question (for the record, I'm not at Granger):
If I did want to change dealers, why would another dealer even want my reservation at this point?

If allocations are not based on the original premise, per Ford, that reservations would be built before dealer stock ... then what's in it for the new dealer? Maybe another dealer can't stop me from moving my reservation there, but they might only agree to sell at MSRP or MSRP+ADM, whatever they think they can get for a Bronco on the lot.

Point being: This allocation method means there is no incentive for dealers to compete. Bringing in new business via reservations means nothing in terms of 2022 Broncos for them. Which is just another way of saying: Why did Ford even bother to take reservations? Yeah, I know, it's free data gathering for them. I guess it really means that we're suckers for believing Ford.

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The dealers did compete that’s why Granger has a 1k orders/reservations. Choosing to still go with Granger after all those reservations was the choice of each individual.
I tried to tell everyone about Chuck Anderson Ford and their awesome customer service and $500 below invoice Bronco order but was laughed off this website. Chuck Anderson Ford is less than 200 miles away from Granger, but no another $500 savings….
I have read the entire thread you mention. I'm not sure I understand what you mean about being "laughed off this website" because there were just as many people thanking you for the information as there were sceptics. 🤷‍♀️

I do have a serious question that would be of importance to a lot of people here...

Do you know what Anderson's total number of reservations without VINs currently is? And do you know what Ford gave him for his 2022 1st month start up allocation?

ChrisE

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw, Mustang, Firebird
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Many of Granger's customers have posted on this forum. Many have also purchased multiple different vehicles from Granger. Every single post so far reiterates what we all know... These really are good people.
I'm reserved at a local dealer to me, presumably at MSRP and also have a reservation with Chapman for crazy money off. I'm am curious about them as well as I saw 11 broncos for sale on their website a couple weeks back, which I wonder if they were walk aways, regular dealer stock (soft tops) or employee phony reservations. FWIW, the other dealer is asking $104K for an FE.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am not trying to add fuel to a fire, but I tried telling the forum members going to smaller dealers that this was going to happen. I was laughed at.....I was messaged privately and told I was an idiot. I tried explaining that I was intimately aware of the allocation system. I was essentially laughed at......wow.
You told everyone that allocations would be logical in '21, and then drastically change for '22?
Can I get tomorrows lotto numbers?

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Which is just another way of saying: Why did Ford even bother to take reservations? Yeah, I know, it's free data gathering for them.
I said this somewhere else but I think it's best to think of the Ford reservation system as a $100 membership to a marketing mailing list. This membership lets you jump the order line ahead of anyone who doesn't have an earlier reservation at your dealer, and locks in 2021 MSRP pricing (which really only saves $895 or less), but otherwise confers no special benefits. You still need to negotiate with a dealer, the dealer can always jack up the final sale price prior to delivery, etc. There isn't a real Bronco guaranteed to go to you, like if you were ordering a normal product.

I do think Ford designed it to function much closer to a real reservation system, but that was before they entered supply chain hell. Before that, they were thinking that they could fill all reservations in the rough order they came in, without upsetting the normal dealership model. But with Broncos in short supply, that idea blew up on them. They were faced with either angering the dealers (by giving out unbalanced numbers of Broncos to certain dealerships) or the customers (by forcing them to wait much longer), and ultimately chose to anger the customers.

The main benefit for Ford was being able to say to the press and to their shareholders, hey look at the crazy demand for our brand new Bronco, 200k people want one. Now that purpose has already been fulfilled, and the reservation holders are more of an albatross that is getting in the way of dealerships jacking prices on a supply-constrained hot model way above MSRP.

StephenSJ

Base
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Base Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Base
Serious question (for the record, I'm not at Granger):
If I did want to change dealers, why would another dealer even want my reservation at this point?

If allocations are not based on the original premise, per Ford, that reservations would be built before dealer stock ... then what's in it for the new dealer? Maybe another dealer can't stop me from moving my reservation there, but they might only agree to sell at MSRP or MSRP+ADM, whatever they think they can get for a Bronco on the lot.

Point being: This allocation method means there is no incentive for dealers to compete. Bringing in new business via reservations means nothing in terms of 2022 Broncos for them. Which is just another way of saying: Why did Ford even bother to take reservations? Yeah, I know, it's free data gathering for them. I guess it really means that we're suckers for believing Ford.
Twist the knife. It just keeps getting better and better. As someone who was late to the Granger party, these are desperate and uncertain times. Looks like I am going to be a Granger refugee.

Sponsored

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You told everyone that allocations would be logical in '21, and then drastically change for '22?
Can I get tomorrows lotto numbers?
Look I hate defending that guy because he kind of comes off stuck up but check his post history. In January he said smaller dealerships were going to have this happen. Credit given where credit due.

PD63

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WRX - SOLD, 2023 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But if I ordered from my local dealer who tried to charge me $15K ADM, Ford would produce my Bronco next year?

Bronco23

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Got the email from my Dealer to re-order my 2022 Bronco tomorrow....

I have quite a few questions for them as part of that process.

Lashedup

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It doesn't matter what you said honestly. Ford Motor Company created a reservation system that in exchange for $100, let you reserve a Bronco and pick the dealer you wanted to purchase it from. No consumer would have a reasonable expectation to think otherwise.

Clearly we are now seeing Ford pivot and try to clean up the mess on the dealer side to appease the ones that are complaining. That's not the customer's fault. That's Ford's fault. Yes, they have a captive product that leaves little choice in terms of competitors (Jeep and that's about it). And if you don't want a Jeep, you have to put up with Ford's crap.

Again in the end they should from a Public Relations standpoint (which Mike Levine is part of) stand by their reservation holders and make sure they are taken care of first (at least get that messaging out). This is PR 100 level crap. It is also some of the worst customer service out of a large company ever.

Jennifer

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Chuck Anderson is who I went with. I'm in OK & they're almost 5 hours from me, but have been awesome to deal with. Sold them my truck for a great price & ordered/bought a Super Duty from them while waiting for my Bronco. Great communication the whole way, always answered my calls or called back very quickly, and know what's going on.

All the many, many OK dealers I talked to before the order banks opened were either greedy, a-holes, or didn't know anything close to what was going on or even know anything about the Bronco.

That's what made me go with Chuck Anderson. I'm tired of all the local dealer BS, and am willing to take the extra time and extra money for travel to go to someone that's honest & respectful. And I'll wait for them to get me my Bronco (reserved within 1st 48 hrs of launch). I'll be damned if I change to some douchebag dealer & give them my money just to get it sooner.

Hear that @Ford Motor Company? We chose our smaller dealers for a reason! Don't you dare continue to screw over early reservations because of allocation. We were told our timestamp matters, but you don't seem to think so. I understand the issues you've faced, and gave you some leeway for the partial year of production for 2021. We've waited patiently, but people can only take so much. Seeing people who reserved or direct ordered in 2021 get their VINS while people who reserved last summer still wait is infuriating. If this continues in 2022 people are going to start bailing. And I'm still mad that you yanked Rapid Red before filling the early reservations who had it. All of this will be remembered.
Sponsored