First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've said it before, once the dealer has converted your reservation into an order, whether it's made a real order or its sitting at a priority 99, you can't change it to another dealer.

Furthermore, any reservation we didn't convert into a real order before today, can no longer be turned into an order by the dealer. Those customers are going to get emails from Ford to go in and build their own Bronco, very similar to the way the Mach E is done. Then we'll be able to accept the orders into WBDO. I don't know if that's been discussed here yet, but that is a new process for this week too.
Sponsored

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sadly doing a new order at a larger dealership may still net us a bronco faster that waiting out allocation šŸ˜” tempted to place a second order and see just what happens.

Superthornbird

Everglades
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang, 2015 Outback
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

"Take your order to another dealer if you THINK the one you're at has too many reservations."

*THINKING* that your dealer has too many reservations is not a sufficient method for determining what to do.

If dealers won't tell us:

-Number of Reservations
-Number of Allocations / year
-Where we'd be in their "line" based on our timestamp
-ADM/no ADM
-etc.

Then it's IMPOSSIBLE to make an informed decision.

And guess what dealers are going to actually provide that info? Probably the ones that "have too many reservations" and not the scummy ones who have available, marked-up allocations.

That was a complete nonsense, BS response. Worthless advice.

This is to good not to put out there on Twitter.

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford rep and my dealership (Chapman of horsham) just made it abundantly clear we are NOT able to move reservations. We can cancel or wait.

I am absolutely livid. I canā€™t even put it into words. Ford was rude as shit, Chapman rep was short with me ( I get it, but damn) and idk what to do.
I actually over heard the phone convoā€¦you talked to Matt this AMā€¦Matt has nothing to do with Bronco orders, so idk why you didnā€™t just email, call, or text me directlyā€¦I listened again to the callā€¦he specifically said he didnā€™t think it was allowed Bc Ford shut it down a while agoā€¦if u want to transfer, call the Ford CRC # and see if they can do itā€¦at the beginning of the year, If a reservation was converted to an order, the customer had to place a new reservation & Ford would do a timestamp updateā€¦anyone is welcome to try and do thisā€¦itā€™s your reservation & even if I had the power to stop it, I wouldnā€™t

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Lol this is insane. Ford PR says move to another dealership if your current one doesn't have enough allocation... also Ford you can't move your reservation.

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol this is insane. Ford PR says move to another dealership if your current one doesn't have enough allocation... also Ford you can't move your reservation.
Ford's PR, sales, design, web development, and customer relations teams all seem like separate companies with only the vaguest awareness of what the others are up to.

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I did call the Ford number. I think that you might have read that wrong because I didnā€™t mean anything rude/cold/mean by it and I actually called your location twice. I tried to call Ford and got punted after an hour hold this morningIā€™m going off of whatever two individuals I spoke with told me and the Ford rep a few days ago.

I definitely didnā€™t mean to come across mean/angry with your organization. You all have been fantastic. I am just operating off of what Iā€™ve been told.

I clearly am not emailing the right email, Iā€™ve tried three times, and I donā€™t know your name or number so I should get that from our dms. Again, no shade, not angry with Chapman of horsham, this sucks for you guys too.

Iā€™m just trying to land a bronco before 2023/2024. The second person I spoke to at Chapman said they had over 400 reservations, an allocation of 100 for 2022 and still had day one and day two orders unfulfilled. Iā€™m just trying to find a reasonable way to buy a bronco and itā€™s easy to share info here.

sorry if that all came off wrong. Youā€™re all good in my book.
no worries...ill help you as much as i can...call or text me 215-410-2210 with how we can help

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Havenā€™t made it through the last 30 pages but PER FORD CS - IF RESERVATION HAS BEEN CONVERTED TO AN ORDER, YOU CANNOT CHANGE FROM CURRENT DEALERSHIP.
This has got to blow explorer away as the worst product launch. EVER.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Havenā€™t made it through the last 30 pages but PER FORD CS - IF RESERVATION HAS BEEN CONVERTED TO AN ORDER, YOU CANNOT CHANGE FROM CURRENT DEALERSHIP.
More fuel for the "just build all the reservations before allocations" crowd, which I happen to be a member.

This is insane. So, Ford wants us to go open a new order/reservation (whatever the hell they want to label it) with a dealer of our choice. Firmly placing us at the end of the line and ensuring they get to publicly spout off about how so much interest remains in the Bronco. I can envision it now, @mrlevine going to twitter to claim another 100,000 brand new orders for MY22 outside of the holdovers. LOL. Even though 90% of them would be those holdovers trying to simply get a damn Bronco.

I have a really insane idea... Just build the flipping reservations! Jeebus.

Sponsored

mljohnson1973

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe one of the dealerships represented here would be best to answer this ...but curious about this. Since very few dealerships are open and honest regarding their orders and allocation making it impossible for people to make informed decisions. They also make it seem as if you switch dealers you may be pushed to the end of whatever imaginary line their is, so you'd be starting over from square one anyways. So what would prevent people from going to as many dealers as they want and place the identical order and just buy the first one that comes in without ADM? If all your out is a small refundable deposit if anything at all , why not play the game to possible slightly shift the odds in a different direction. I think its ridiculous to see all these early reservation holders stuck between a rock and a hard place when the rules are changing in the middle of the game.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R55, F56
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Also Ford / Dealerships : We're not going to tell you how many reservations / allocations each dealer has.

ATLbronco

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FWIW, I finally got through to Ford CS today (after 3 hours of hold time) and received same message as you.

I was literally told just 48 hours ago that I could move my existing reservation-converted-to-order to a new dealership, I would just have to wait until after Wednesday (today) to do so.

FFS.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

And here thought I imagined that. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

There are two Ford dealers in my city. The owners are brothers-in-law.

Dealer A... wouldn't give me the time of day even after I made a reservation with him. Never once contacted me, and wouldn't talk to me about Broncos or my reservation.

Dealer B... hosted the Bronco event. The people touring with the Bronco were super nice and helpful, but the dealer's staff ignored us and almost ignored the Broncos. The seemed to me like they were annoyed. They gave us each a very flimsy hat and a carabiner.

And now they had all our contact information, they still didn't even send so much as an email asking if we were still interested.
Tricia, I went to the Dealer B event as well. My daughter does business with them and asked that they take care of me (not that I needed it). They told her no problem. Never said a word to me while I was there or sent any info.

I agree, they were not interested. Granger on the other hand was great to visit.

People are not getting the issue. Itā€™s very little about the discount. Itā€™s about the relationship.

Last edited:

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Tricia, I went to the Jim Click Ford event as well. My daughter does business with them and asked that they took care of me (not that I needed it). They told her no problem. Never said a word to me while I was there or sent any info.

I agree, they were not interested. Granger on the other hand was great to visit.

People are not getting the issue. Itā€™s very little about the discount. Itā€™s about the relationship.
My original local dealer refused to discuss any pricing with me. I was pushing for MSRP but they kept repeating they wouldn't commit to pricing until it arrived. I would have respected them telling me they were adding an ADM even though I wouldn't pay it but this tactic annoyed me to no end. I kept trying until the Monday before the dealership switch deadline then I went to Granger because they have been upfront and helpful the entire way.
Sponsored

Last edited: