First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M3 competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think this is pretty simple. Ford forced no acceptance of the T&C and you willingly accepted them.
You didn't read what i wrote. Everything in this sentence is wrong. Go do some legal research on the enforceability of click through and URL terms, which is exactly how Ford had this set up.
Sponsored

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity QX56
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's why I am not likely to move to another dealer even though there are 900+ in front of me. I have called around here in Georgia and not having any luck. This a Ford Dealer. This whole process is wrong. So disappointing

1634232909170.png
Wow I live in Georgia, and I am with Granger. What dealership is this? You can message me as well if you don't wan't to post.

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here's why I am not likely to move to another dealer even though there are 900+ in front of me. I have called around here in Georgia and not having any luck. This a Ford Dealer. This whole process is wrong. So disappointing

1634232909170.png
Here's the problem with this forum and you witch hunters. I know this dealership, it's in my region. That white Bronco was bought from Mecum for $25k over list. The gray one was bought from a customer for $20k over list. This particular dealership did this in collaboration with 4WP to give them some builds and obtain access to aftermarket parts. Write it off as however you want. Everything isn't so black and white as you witch hunters may believe. If you don't believe me, call 4WP and ask them if they have a relationship with this dealership. You people have problems.

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's the #6 dealership in the country BTW.

Sponsored

Shifty

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The reservation terms and conditions state:

7. Right to Modify, Cancel Program.

Ford reserves the right to change, update, improve, correct, modify, suspend, discontinue or cancel all or part of the Program, including any of its features, functionalities or manners of operation at any time without any notice or obligation to you. Your use of the Program after any changes are implemented will be considered acceptance of such changes.

11. Force Majeure.

Your participation in the Program and/or your Reservation does not create liability for Ford or you for any failure to perform due to an event beyond our control, including, but not limited to, any Act of God, terrorism, war, political insurgence, insurrection, riot, civil unrest, act of civil or military authority, uprising, unavailability of materials, strike, earthquake, flood, pandemic or any other natural or man-made eventuality outside of our control.

13. Limitation of Liability.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER, SUBJECT ONLY TO THE LIMITS OF APPLICABLE LAW, SHALL FORD BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY, REGARDLESS OF THE BASIS OR CIRCUMSTANCES OF ANY CLAIM, DAMAGE, LOSS OR EXPENSE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY CLAIMS, DAMAGES, LOSSES OR EXPENSES.

IN THE EVENT THAT WE ARE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIMS, DAMAGES, COSTS OR EXPENSES UNDER, ARISING OUT OF, OR WITH RESPECT TO THESE TERMS OR YOUR RESERVATION, OUR LIABILITY SHALL NOT EXCEED, IN THE AGGREGATE, THE AMOUNT OF YOUR RESERVATION DEPOSIT.

14. Applicable Law, Venue, and Class Action Waiver.

These Terms, its subject matter and its formation, and any related non-contractual disputes or claims, are governed by the laws of the State of Michigan. Ford and you agree that the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, or the Sixth Circuit Court, Oakland County, Michigan has exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute, controversy or claim arising from or connected with these Terms. Ford and you consent to the jurisdiction of the Michigan courts and waive any objections as to personal jurisdiction or as to the laying of venue in such courts due to inconvenient forum or any other basis.

None of these clauses seem to be outside of any legal theory, which means I doubt a judge would find them illegal. This is standard contract language I've seen hundreds of times in my career as a contracts manager. Jurisdiction of law is Michigan. At worst Ford is liable to refund the OP's $100.
I don’t understand…how is force majeure an out for changing the distribution method of the manufacturer? It might answer why vehicles are delayed but why is it applicable to changing the promise of producing reservation order in order of timestamp?

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is granger supposed to contact us about updating 21’ order to 22’ or are we supposed to email them on our changes?

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Because pandemic-caused part shortages and delays affected Ford's ability to produce the Bronco in the trim configurations the orders were received in based on reservation timestamp. Ford decided not to wait on production of the Bronco until there were going to be no part shortages. Ford's order fulfillment methodology has always been business biased, meaning it will produce the model trim configurations it can based on commodity availability and sell them via its dealer network. Distributing the production of what models can be built to the dealers that have the best chance on selling them brings in revenue faster. If you think the pandemic has not severely affected Ford's revenues because it can't produce and sell vehicles then your understanding of business operations is lacking.

If Granger and their ilk like started getting Broncos that did not meet the trim specifications of its customer orders and started selling them, there'd be a thread about dealership's grandfathers and people would be bitching about Granger and the other same discount-dealers not meeting its commitments to its Bronco customers.
This is one completely confused mind trying to justify Ford's actions. Most of us understand the production vs constraints issue.
I don't believe Granger or anyone else expected to receive unreserved/stock orders any way but thru allocations.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because pandemic-caused part shortages and delays affected Ford's ability to produce the Bronco in the trim configurations the orders were received in based on reservation timestamp. Ford decided not to wait on production of the Bronco until there were going to be no part shortages. Ford's order fulfillment methodology has always been business biased, meaning it will produce the model trim configurations it can based on commodity availability and sell them via its dealer network. Distributing the production of what models can be built to the dealers that have the best chance on selling them brings in revenue faster. If you think the pandemic has not severely affected Ford's revenues because it can't produce and sell vehicles then your understanding of business operations is lacking.

If Granger and their ilk like started getting Broncos that did not meet the trim specifications of its customer orders and started selling them, there'd be a thread about dealership's grandfathers and people would be bitching about Granger and the other same discount-dealers not meeting its commitments to its Bronco customers.
That's pure drivel intended to distract. No one has a problem with Ford building to the commodities they can, or if there are no reservation orders nationally that can be built: dealer stock. That is simple...but that hasn't been the case yet, nor does it look to be the case moving forward. There have been and will be plenty of buildable reservation orders.

Last edited:

Sponsored

devildog0331

Badlands
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M3 competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol. Ford gave you a reservation in their business system that was devised in and resides in their home state of Michigan, where Ford is headquartered. They stated the legal jurisdiction regarding the T&C of the reservation is Michigan. None of that is unsound legal theory. There are literally hundreds of millions of contracts based on such jurisdictional operation.

Besides, you ordered in Iowa. I guarantee to you, Granger, who also advertised to you in Illinois, cites on its sales contract that the legal jurisdiction is Iowa.

Again, what damages are you seeking to recover that you think Ford is liable for other than your $100?
Tell me you're not an attorney without telling me you are not an attorney.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has Ford stated anywhere that it is not going to build to customer orders first? I've not seen it.
Then you must not be paying attention, or didn't read the FAQ's when you reserved. That was the entire point of the reservation system. They clearly stated: "All reservations will be completed before production of stock units begins". That shoots the rest of your argument down...so there's that.

FAQ's at time of Reservation:

Ford Bronco Granger Ford -2022 Bronco Allocation - No one said it was going to be easy 1634308725282

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Then you must not be paying attention, or didn't read the FAQ's when you reserved. That was the entire point of the reservation system. They clearly stated: "All reservations will be completed before production of stock units begins". That shoots the rest of your argument down...so there's that.

FAQ's at time of Reservation:

Ford Bronco Granger Ford -2022 Bronco Allocation - No one said it was going to be easy 1634308725282
Well, I was specifically discussing current events where the MY '22 allocation scheme was recently posted (since that is the topic of this thread). I've not yet seen where Ford has stated the new MY '22 scheme is going to change the reservation timestamp process.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, I was specifically discussing current events where the MY '22 allocation scheme was recently posted (since that is the topic of this thread). I've not yet seen where Ford has stated the new MY '22 scheme is going to change the reservation timestamp process.
Oh, I gotcha....no, they haven't come out and said that publicly, they would never do that to avoid an even bigger outcry on going back on their commitment. They just quietly sent the dealers the allocation process for 2022, which says it in effect. A very cowardly way to do it...so good point.
Sponsored