Sponsored

Granger Ford converted my 2021 reservation into a 2022 order without contacting me. This happen to anyone else?

• Thread starter Deleted member 12136
  • Start date
  • Watchers 5
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I'm gonna be honest and tell you I didn't read all that.

I know of a specific person on these boards who is that anomaly.

And I will take it one step further and say that here, at B6G, we've seen some of the larger dealerships, and some small guys that jumped all over the new Bronco and picked up a ton of reservations. So for them, August res. = MY22. But now we are talking about what? less than 10 dealerships countrywide? I can imagine there are quite a few small dealerships out there who are seeing this thing you call an anomaly.

As for the allocation being meant to not punish anyone? Did you not see how I said an August Res. will not only be built as a MY21 but will be built probably in the 1st wave of builds? So who's NOT getting punished again?
Your small town dealer who can't otherwise compete with your megamart dealers.

Look, we're going to just have to disagree, which is cool by me.... my long post was just explaining statistical distribution and why someone might feel personally attacked by the allocation formula, but in reality, it makes a lot of sense and supports smaller dealers and bronco buyers irrespective of where they live or who they do business with.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, for some reason I thought that I had read that if you reserved before that date, you would get a 21. But that was also stated before the allocation news.
Oh. Nope. Ford never said that... People misunderstood what the allocation memo said and repeated it in the forum.

Here's what the memo actually stated:

Ford Bronco Granger Ford converted my 2021 reservation into a 2022 order without contacting me. This happen to anyone else? Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 14.12.19

Note the word "formula"... it's doing all the heavy lifting in that statement. I think some people thought "allocation formula" meant the same as "allocation award" or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.