Sponsored

Granger Ford July Update - Allocation for September Production, Current wait list, 2023 Speculation

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
For me it will be a daily as well, I just meant that a Ford Bronco isn't the most practical daily driver car. For most non-enthusiasts this vehicle is viewed as not an educated choice.
What would be a better choice?

Front wheel drive cars drive like garbage.
Cars with automatic transmissions suck to drive.

The only two Fords I would even consider buying these days are Bronco or Mustang, and the Bronco is far more practical and has better visibility. (The C pillar on the 'Stang is huge)
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On the Bronco FAQ page:

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...onco-order-holder-frequently-asked-questions/

Who qualifies for the Bronco Price Protection Program?

If you placed an order or reservation prior to March 19, 2021, you qualify for price protection. If you are not part of this program, make sure your order in the system is accurate, as changing your series, equipment package, the number of doors, or 4x4 system after March 7, 2022, may result in increased vehicle prices. See below for more detail.
I didn't want to jump into correcting Samantha. But last year was two different PP. One was for the pre-3/19/21 crew. And the other was a retail price protection to avoid increase from MY'22 to MY'22.5. The changing of the series, equipment package, door count, etc. was with regards to triggering the increase to the MY'22.5 pricing. The private offer in Smart Vincent was based on the previous MY'21 order. You could change your build for MY'22, but the certificate amount would not change to reflect the PP amount on the new trim. i.e. If you had an MY'21 OBX and changed to a MY'22 Badlands, you didn't get the price protected difference on a Badlands.

When our orders were locked on 8/25/22, that order profile will be the new PP private offer in Smart Vincent for MY'23 (for those pre-3/19/21 orders). Changing to a different trim shouldn't negate the private offer just like it didn't for MY'22.

For those who ordered after 3/19/21, there is no price protection. They were only protected from the mid-year price increase. For MY'23, they will likely be starting over and will eventually have to lock their order to avoid the price increase from MY'23 to MY'23.5.

ct1975

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2020 Navigator, 2002 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s a new order all over again, that’s why. I’m not saying that’s not what’s going to happen just that there is no official info about it yet. If they got some, please provide the source as a lot of people are asking the same question.
Also on the Bronco FAQ page (appears that you can at least take advantage of some portion of price protection).

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...onco-order-holder-frequently-asked-questions/

Will changing my order after March 7, 2022, affect my price protection amount?

For customers with an order or reservation on or before March 19, 2021, you are able to apply your certificate to a different series for the 2022 and 2023 MYs. However, your certificate amount will reflect the series you ordered or reserved on or before October 1, 2021. Changing your series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system after March 7, 2022, will cause your order to update with new mid-year price levels. See your dealer for further details on changing your order after the March 7, 2022, cutoff. If your vehicle is not built in the 2022 MY, price protection will carry over to the 2023 MY. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

frostyjake

Base
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
On the Bronco FAQ page:

If you placed an order or reservation prior to March 19, 2021, you qualify for price protection. If you are not part of this program, make sure your order in the system is accurate, as changing your series, equipment package, the number of doors, or 4x4 system after March 7, 2022, may result in increased vehicle prices. See below for more detail.
It seems like you emphasized the wrong part. It's pretty clear they're talking about folks who are not in the price protection program:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I didn't want to jump into correcting Samantha. But last year was two different PP. One was for the pre-3/19/21 crew. And the other was a retail price protection to avoid increase from MY'22 to MY'22.5. The changing of the series, equipment package, door count, etc. was with regards to triggering the increase to the MY'22.5 pricing. The private offer in Smart Vincent was based on the previous MY'21 order. You could change your build for MY'22, but the certificate amount would not change to reflect the PP amount on the new trim. i.e. If you had an MY'21 OBX and changed to a MY'22 Badlands, you didn't get the price protected difference on a Badlands.

When our orders were locked on 8/25/22, that order profile will be the new PP private offer in Smart Vincent for MY'23 (for those pre-3/19/21 orders). Changing to a different trim shouldn't negate the private offer just like it didn't for MY'22.

For those who ordered after 3/19/21, there is no price protection. They were only protected from the mid-year price increase. For MY'23, they will likely be starting over and will eventually have to lock their order to avoid the price increase from MY'23 to MY'23.5.
True, but that doesn't mean that Granger may or may not be extending private offers. I too just got the same email from Samantha (poor girl must be getting slammed).
I am hopeful that maybe I will be offered a private offer with my 2022 pricing, despite the fact that my reservation was not made until June 2021.

If I don't get a private offer, I might make significant changes to my order, since there is no penalty for doing so at that point. Worst case scenario is that I don't like the price increase and just walk, but Ford would have to really jack up the price to the point that I would not want any Bronco (I don't see that happening), but I do have a number that I won't exceed for my Bronco.

Regardless, if I buy a Bronco, it will be through Granger... I will not reward Ford by buying elsewhere.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

True, but that doesn't mean that Granger may or may not be extending private offers. I too just got the same email from Samantha (poor girl must be getting slammed).
I am hopeful that maybe I will be offered a private offer with my 2022 pricing, despite the fact that my reservation was not made until June 2021.

If I don't get a private offer, I might make significant changes to my order, since there is no penalty for doing so at that point. Worst case scenario is that I don't like the price increase and just walk, but Ford would have to really jack up the price to the point that I would not want any Bronco (I don't see that happening), but I do have a number that I won't exceed for my Bronco.
It isn't Granger's choice to do so. Ford Corporate determines the private offer in Smart Vincent. All they have to do is search for the buyer's name. If it matches with what Ford has on file, then the cert. # is applied to the transaction.

Now, with regards to Granger's $1K or $2K below invoice offer, that is ultimately up to Zach. He has given no indication of withdrawing those offers.

With regards to an email that Samantha is sending out, the communication is wrong. She may know it and just have a miscommunication. Or she may be getting the retail PP confused with the PP for the pre-3/19/21 gang.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It isn't Granger's choice to do so. Ford Corporate determines the private offer in Smart Vincent. All they have to do is search for the buyer's name. If it matches with what Ford has on file, then the cert. # is applied to the transaction.

Now, with regards to Granger's $1K or $2K below invoice offer, that is ultimately up to Zach. He has given no indication of withdrawing those offers.

With regards to an email that Samantha is sending out, the communication is wrong. She may know it and just have a miscommunication. Or she may be getting the retail PP confused with the PP for the pre-3/19/21 gang.

Ya, I asked for clarification and she said, "We just offer the deal we previously gave when the order was placed. Ford is doing price protection."

I am hoping that means that the price will not go up. I would be quite happy to hear that the deal is locked in at the price we agreed, but I also know that Granger has to make a profit too.

So basically, my price is going to depend on factors that are not really transparent to me (and I don't expect them to disclose the backend of the deal). Granger has been totally upfront with me and I really appreciate it, even if it means that the price changes... I know that they will not surprise me at the last minute or change the deal without it being due to reasons outside of their control.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thanks, mea culpa for misquoting, not trying to confuse an already confusing policy for anyone.

I did ask Samantha about the '22 increase that should be in Vincent, for me that should have been $975 since I was a BD and was told I lose it all but sounds like it should be there and I just lose anything after that?

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hope you’re right, working through some details on my end with my 99’d order and trying to figure out what I’m going to do for MY23.

LS2GTO

Base
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 gto 00 f-250 03 t-bird 70 chevelle 59 tr-3..
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the updates. Looking Forward to getting my Bronco from Granger and no one else.
Me too hemiblas. Ford can fill my reservation/order through the dealer that I selected, as they instructed me to do, or I won’t get one. And I’ll never buy another Ford product (even though every truck I’ve ever owned in my 61 years has been a Ford). Are you listening @fordmotorcompany Do you even give a shit?

Sponsored

JAM

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has Granger started emailing order holders about 2023? I haven’t gotten anything yet.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has Granger started emailing order holders about 2023? I haven’t gotten anything yet.
I would encourage you to email them on the 21st if you have not heard from them. Nothing is going to happen until the order guide is released.

Related to my previous post, Samantha confirmed that the deal we had established previously is unchanged, which is great news.

Now, this could shift/change, but I know that Granger intends to honor our previous arrangement to the best of their ability.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Me too hemiblas. Ford can fill my reservation/order through the dealer that I selected, as they instructed me to do, or I won’t get one. And I’ll never buy another Ford product (even though every truck I’ve ever owned in my 61 years has been a Ford). Are you listening @fordmotorcompany Do you even give a shit?
Yep. they lost an F150 sale from me in Feb over this. Maybe they care, maybe they dont.

Broncobadlands2023

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would encourage you to email them on the 21st if you have not heard from them. Nothing is going to happen until the order guide is released.

Related to my previous post, Samantha confirmed that the deal we had established previously is unchanged, which is great news.

Now, this could shift/change, but I know that Granger intends to honor our previous arrangement to the best of their ability.
I talked to Samantha the other day about making sure our order was done before I left the country for vacation and scheduling started in early October. She confirmed the B&P will be out the 21st, or that’s the plan. At that point you will need to send it to them with your license and they will send you stuff back to sign and confirm it’s correct. Just like 2021 and 2022, nothing has changed.

I would recommend everyone chill a little bit. She has a lot to do and deal with and they’ll send an email to everyone communicating what they need.
Sponsored