John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi - and thanks for all the info - something I always wondered about - when a dealer is using a vehicle for business use or demos or service loaners - how do they ensure it was properly broken in when reselling used?

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi - and thanks for all the info - something I always wondered about - when a dealer is using a vehicle for business use or demos or service loaners - how do they ensure it was properly broken in when reselling used?
We do not have demo's so that is not a problem, service loaners we buy used rentals so who knows how they are broken in but so far we have had good luck with them...

Just think about rental cars, when they are brand new, some are put on the road using cruise control all day long and they live, some are beat like a mule and they live...

I suppose that they are under warranty so if something breaks, just get them fixed...

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol well, I thought maybe you did since you distinguished between sides!
Hahaha no! I just know where all the bad stuff is located. ?

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's gonna be a LOOOOONG drive back to Brooklyn from Iowa if 1. not maintaining a constant speed and 2. not going over 80. Guess I better plan some sight seeing..!

Springer, I bought my recent Corvette in Maryland, and it was a 435 mile trip back to North Carolina. Having to break in my previous '16 I used the same method while following the owners manual. It doesn't recommend a certain amount of rpms when varying your speeds. So, like the '16 I would move the rpms by approx. 5 mph at around every 50 miles. It worked out great for the '16, and as of now it seems to worked out for the '19 also. In the Corvette 80 mph is still well within the rpm limit stated in the manual, but with the Bronco I guess will have to wait and see. I know the gearing in the Bronco is going to be a lot different.

BTW, we've been on Hwy 80 (which you'll probably take leaving Granger Ford), and there's some nice little towns to visit on the way back east. We took a lot of old Hwy 6 through those small towns which would help you with your break in also. I say make your plans, take your time if possible, and enjoy a nice road trip. If Granger can make the trip for me affordable that's what we'll do on our approx. 1000 mile journey back to the house. :)

Last edited:

LOMartin

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, F250, b2650HSTC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Don't drive a constant speed." This is what concerns me. I'll have a 1000 mile trip home that could take a week. But I guess it would pay off in the long run.
Use the trip as a little vacation if you can pull it. Make a few stops along the way.

Sponsored

Crowza

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 2 Door, '05 Victory Vegas 8-Ball
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Engine break-in myth? Do modern engines need to be "broke in"? This is worth a watch...

They take two identical motorcycle engines, run one like crazy hard and then the other they break in normally. Then, they tear the motor apart to see the difference.

BecauseMotor

Wildtrak
First Name
Springer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI, Ducati Panigale 959, Triumph T100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Springer, I bought my recent Corvette in Maryland, and it was a 435 mile trip back to North Carolina. Having to break in my previous '16 I used the same method while following the owners manual. It doesn't recommend a certain amount of rpms when varying your speeds. So, like the '16 I would move the rpms by approx. 5 mph at around every 50 miles. It worked out great for the '16, and as of now it seems to worked out for the '19 also. In the Corvette 80 mph is still well within the rpm limit stated in the manual, but with the Bronco I guess will have to wait and see. I know the gearing in the Bronco is going to be a lot different.

BTW, we've been on Hwy 80 (which you'll probably take leaving Granger Ford), and there's some nice little towns to visit on the way back east. We took a lot of old Hwy 6 through those small towns which would help you with your break in also. I say make your plans, take your time if possible, and enjoy a nice road trip. If Granger can make the trip for me affordable that's what we'll do on our approx. 1000 mile journey back to the house. :)
Hey Jim! Our trip will be about 1200 miles. Normally, I'd do that in 2 days without any problem. But by taking the backroads instead of the interstate, we could stretch it out to maybe 4 or 5 days and hopefully not see too many straight stretches of road for more than 50 miles. That's the plan so far.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey Jim! Our trip will be about 1200 miles. Normally, I'd do that in 2 days without any problem. But by taking the backroads instead of the interstate, we could stretch it out to maybe 4 or 5 days and hopefully not see too many straight stretches of road for more than 50 miles. That's the plan so far.

@BecauseMotor , That's exactly how we would plan it my friend. We've found there is always a side road that's needs to be explored. Being retired I just can't seem to get in a hurry anymore. :)

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really, to me it sounds like two or three important things in common :

Stay off the interstate.

Don't hammer it for 500, 1000 , 1500(whatever amount of) miles (per manufacturer).

....but it also sounds important to give it a medium amount of load occasionally .... (short shift and try to accelerate?).
Sponsored