Sponsored

Granger/Ford not honoring price protection/private cash offers [after my zip code changed]

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm encountering similar problems because I ordered using my MIDDLE name, which I have used my entire life. FIRST and MIDDLE name is on my driver's license, insurance and etc.

As a result I may have to pay full MSRP (less Grangers program discount) and hope Ford will approve the $6000++ I should be eligible for.

Ordered in 10/20, reordered every time, never moved, changed emails, phone or anything else. So yes, disappointed over such a minor issue.

I guess this would happen if wife, son or daughter were to be the title holder. I know some members say they are ordering for their fathers, same problem.

And @Ford Motor Company does bounce you back to the dealer. And Granger has gone quiet on me @Zach@Granger when I asked for clarification.

So there are issues to be resolved and the crush at Granger is causing some to fall between the cracks.

Hoping this all will work out but $6000 for me is real money and has put a damper on finally getting my Bronco.
Sponsored

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm encountering similar problems because I ordered using my MIDDLE name, which I have used my entire life. FIRST and MIDDLE name is on my driver's license, insurance and etc.

As a result I may have to pay full MSRP (less Grangers program discount) and hope Ford will approve the $6000++ I should be eligible for.

Ordered in 10/20, reordered every time, never moved, changed emails, phone or anything else. So yes, disappointed over such a minor issue.

I guess this would happen if wife, son or daughter were to be the title holder. I know some members say they are ordering for their fathers, same problem.

And @Ford Motor Company does bounce you back to the dealer. And Granger has gone quiet on me @Zach@Granger when I asked for clarification.

So there are issues to be resolved and the crush at Granger is causing some to fall between the cracks.

Hoping this all will work out but $6000 for me is real money and has put a damper on finally getting my Bronco.

We have a team of 3-4 people that are helping on these issues. We have approximately 500 orders and we're doing our best to process them in a timely manner. Realizing there have been 3 years that have passed from the original order date, there are more complicated scenarios in this mix than normal. We are held to Ford's rules and we in cases like this file for exceptions to get the rebates and it takes a few months in some cases.

As you said $6,000 is a lot of money, that number gets bigger when it's multiplied by 400-500 broncos. We're going to be diligent to maximize rebates as the rules allow. We're also not going to award rebates that we have no guarantee that we'll be reimbursed for down the road.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This exact same thing happened to me and granger ended up honoring it. If you need more info let me know, but it was a major pain in the ass. Don't be hard on granger though, they were great in the end. 5/5 stars

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered a base 4 Dr Sasquatch on 10/5/20, from Granger Ford during their 2k under invoice promo. Since then, I’ve reordered with them at every opportunity, at least 3 times. In January 2023, Ford emailed that if we removed constraints (in my case Sasquatch) we would get $2500 off and a quicker build date. I was able to change the order on 1/20/23. I put my $500 down and placed the order which was scheduled for a build 3/27/23.

The bronco came in and Granger said I owe $35,334, after the down payment and with the doc fee and title fee. I explained that the invoice price was $32,702 in 2021, so I should be at $30,702 before destination, but adding the PCO, down payment, fees etc, I would be at $29,677. They have said they did locate a $2500 PCO, but since I moved since 2020 and have a new zip, it can’t be applied and I need to request it from Ford. They have indicated there are no other promotions and I’m not eligible for price protection. This is my only Bronco and I never missed a deadline. Has anyone else had this same issue? I find it hard to believe a zip code is what determines eligibility for the PCO and that I don’t qualify for price protection. I had none of these issues with a Lightning I got from Granger in December, price protection, PCO and under invoice promos were applied no problem.
use your old address

Sponsored

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We have a team of 3-4 people that are helping on these issues. We have approximately 500 orders and we're doing our best to process them in a timely manner. Realizing there have been 3 years that have passed from the original order date, there are more complicated scenarios in this mix than normal. We are held to Ford's rules and we in cases like this file for exceptions to get the rebates and it takes a few months in some cases.

As you said $6,000 is a lot of money, that number gets bigger when it's multiplied by 400-500 broncos. We're going to be diligent to maximize rebates as the rules allow. We're also not going to award rebates that we have no guarantee that we'll be reimbursed for down the road.
Zach - thanks for your quick reply.

I was just very surprised to find that using my middle name vs first name would create a problem worse than moving, changing email etc.

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This exact same thing happened to me and granger ended up honoring it. If you need more info let me know, but it was a major pain in the ass. Don't be hard on granger though, they were great in the end. 5/5 stars
Did you have the name issue? Or other?

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the same issue; going by my middle name. You know as well as I do that you MUST use your full name when you're doing business like this. That's what I've done my whole life. If it's important, then it's full name.

Sorry, didn't mean to detract from the shitshow.

Sponsored

weezy_jw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 3.5L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

@Zach@Granger thanks for being a stand out dealership! I have faith you’ll work diligently to resolve these issues. I emailed Samantha to confirm what I can do preemptively on my end in case there’s any issues with my certificate. Looking forward to coming up soon!

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have the same issue; going by my middle name. You know as well as I do that you MUST use your full name when you're doing business like this. That's what I've done my whole life. If it's important, then it's full name.

Sorry, didn't mean to detract from the shitshow.
Yes, in hindsight the first name would have been best. But way back when I was making a reservation I never even thought about that having to match exactly what went on the title. Big mistake! 🙄🤔

Rob_Broncowski

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX, Ducati Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had the same issue with a different dealer. I moved three times before I took delivery. I gave up on trying to figure out Ford's price protection program.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I emailed Samantha to confirm what I can do preemptively on my end in case there’s any issues with my certificate.
The best thing to do is call Ford and get that certificate number. That way, all you have to do is give it to Granger when your Bronco arrives.