Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wanted the Squatch but opted for Non-Sas Badlands in 2 doors. According to Tim Bartz, the Ford Video Guy, only 3900 2-doors left in the waiting pool. So, I think we should be alright!
3900 2-dr across all trims in the USOB nationally?

Edit: @Alpha1_Silverback Can you confirm on the above? You seem to have visibility on the USOB nationally that you have shared in the past.
Sponsored

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wanted the Squatch but opted for Non-Sas Badlands in 2 doors. According to Tim Bartz, the Ford Video Guy, only 3900 2-doors left in the waiting pool. So, I think we should be alright!
If that's true (3900), then ya, we are in very good shape. I was very tempted to get the Badlands - but since it is primarily for the girlfriend, and she wants what she wants - I decided to stay with the OBX. Honestly, the WildTrak was more than she needed, so Ford ended up saving me a bunch of money.

J.O.

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

3900 2-dr across all trims in the USOB nationally?

Edit: @Alpha1_Silverback Can you confirm on the above? You seem to have visibility on the USOB nationally that you have shared in the past.
He actually said that in his video this past Tuesday. And, he (Ford Video Guy,TimBartz) said 2 door hardtops have a better chance than if you holdout for a 4 door with a hardtop. I think it sounds promising that this part of the process is finally going to end soon for just about all of us.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Zach@Granger we need data to make an informed decision (gamble) on changing or not.

With only 300’ish outstanding orders, why can we not get data on what those reservations are?

• # of 4 Doors
  • # of 2 Doors
  • Breakdown by Trim and 3 constraints
It’s a 15-30 minute exercise in Excel and would help immensely for customers trying to decide on how to proceed.

No need to share any PII or sensitive data, just de-identified order details. I’m happy to build the template and sort the data.
I understand what you are saying, but I guess my point is, that we are just 300 orders out of 10,000. What we have for orders, isn't necessarily an indication of overall demand. The specific dealership demand is just a dot on the overall production capability. So our numbers wouldn't be an accurate gauge for you to update/change your order by.

Sponsored

Mac11

First Edition
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3g Taco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I received the email from ford about the $2500 incentive, didn’t see one from granger.

I’m willing to change my order. Am I correct in assuming you would want a new B&P sent over by email since this has been the SOP for order changes to date? Or is there another better way to handle this one?

I've received some notes and messages from some of our outstanding reservation holders that they are holding off until the last minute on making changes. I can understand the thought process, but I would like to ask that all final changes/ammendments are made and sent to us by noon on 3-3-23. With over 300 outstanding reservations waiting to get their VINs assigned, we want to make sure this is a good experience for all our customers and eliminate something falling through the cracks. We will need a couple of days to get this all processed, so we'd kindly ask that all reservations are updated and final decisions are made by 3-3-23.

A couple other notes.

-I don't have solid information on reservation timestamp and/or priority code makes a difference. My best guess is that reservation timestamp matters, but I don't know this for certain. Just my best educated guess.

- I don't know the mix of orders most likely to get picked up. We have a mix of our orders, but we don't have a good window into the national numbers. I'm not sure how many people updated or changed their orders because they had the $2500 incentive. Our numbers changed slightly, but we're a small piece of the overall pie.

- The timing of delivery of these units should be June/July that they end up hitting our lot. We don't know for certain and there have been some production delays recently, so it wouldn't shock me if this gets pushed to July/August.

- PCOs - We have had a lot of issues with Private Cash offers not showing up properly or not being in the system at all when the customer rightly qualifies for them. We've started to proactively submit these PCOs to Ford so we can get this straightened out befor the Broncos hit the lot, but I don't have a solid timetable on how long it takes to resolve these issues yet, because this is a new process for us.

Thanks to everyone who's hung in their with us the last 3 years!

Zach

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I received the email from ford about the $2500 incentive, didn’t see one from granger.

I’m willing to change my order. Am I correct in assuming you would want a new B&P sent over by email since this has been the SOP for order changes to date? Or is there another better way to handle this one?
I'm obviously not Zach, but yes, you need to reach out to Samantha and update your order. Then she sends the PDF for a digital signature. Make sure you press the "finish" button when you sign. To sign and accept the sig is not enough. I thought I had done it but actually it was still outstanding because I didn't hit the "finish" button. You'll know it's done because you will get a confirmation email.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
HOLD STEADY! - Reasons Why

1) Dropping constraints guarantees NOTHING - from Ford's Bronco Order Modification Private Offer FAQs " removing Molded-In Color Hardtop, Sasquatch Package, Lux Package or shifting from Wildtrak series will improve the likelihood of getting a Bronco in 2023 model year."

2) Customers who've dropped have gotten screwed - I read Granger order holder posts from January where people with Base Sasquatch, MIC who switched to different trims (BD, BL, etc) did NOT get scheduled January 26 when 112 Granger folks did. I called Samantha the day before my Base SAS MIC got scheduled to switch to Badlands, but luckily she said I was previewing and she couldn't change my order.

3) Many have already canceled or changed orders - Ford's incentive strategy has already been effective. I've read many posts of people that dropped constraints, bought off the lot w/$2500 discount or cancelled altogether. Every one of these instances is beneficial for those who do nothing!

4) Granger discount too valuable give up - Taking the $2500 discount to buy off the lot makes sense for folks with orders at a dealer who've agreed to sell at MSRP. If you can find a suitable vehicle, losing price protection is about offset by the $2500 offer and gets you a vehicle sooner. Granger folks with $1000 or $2000 below invoice lose $2-3k by buying off lot at a different dealer.

5) SAS & NON-SAS are completely different vehicles - Dropping the Sasquatch constraint buys you a totally different vehicle with less after market value. If you have the SAS constraint, settling for any trim w/o SAS is a big mistake (except maybe Badlands) and the $2500 you save will not offset the disappointment you feel every time you pass a SAS Bronco on the road.

6) Ford won't leave you hanging - Ford is serious about building ALL order holders in MY23! Price protection for early orders is worth close to $5000 after the latest price increases. Offering an extra $2500 on top of this to modify orders shows Ford means business. They won't make $$ on those Broncos! Ford easily has the capacity to build all orders by November and I cannot conceive of them leaving a few thousand people w/o a Bronco after 3 years. The PR hassle is bigger than just taking care of those customers.

7) You can always drop constraints AFTER March 7 - MY23 will get built well into the fall, so if you are really worried you'll be left out come July or so, you can drop constraints then. I think it will be apparent by then that holding stready was the right strategy.

8) Ford wants your sale! - Related to #6 and contrary to disgruntled folks that claim Ford doesn't care about us, Ford WANTS to sell all of us a Bronco. It's in Ford's interest to have a long list of reservations when order banks open back up. Building all orders will push new orders further out the schedule. This shows scarcity and demand, causing new customers to want the product more. Keeping the product hot also means not having orders holders who waited 3 years and got screwed posting all over the net how pissed they are.

Don't let FOMO cloud your judgement! Buy the Bronco you want and don't compromise.

Not entirely illogical but the reasons/considerations not to play chicken with FORD and change are this...

1) Do you trust FORD at all? If you do, getting a Bronco is not your biggest problem. I know this reason seems counter-intuitive but I think the fact that we have seen no scheduling for 2 weeks and even Zach is guessing that we won't see any until the doomsday date passes shows that FORD is licking its chops to fuck over the rez holder one last final time. As a Badlands rez, I don't think I am losing too much with SAS being dropped. Other trims, you can take any saving and get some reasonable coilovers and wheels/tires. In time, you can make your Bronco a really nice truck.

And I respectfully disagree with Cheshire. FORD wants sales but they do not need and more importantly do not want a MY2021 sale. They want a MY2023.5 sale. FORD wants to purge these reservations. PERIOD. They don't mean business to help us. They mean it to make money. They are going to open the order banks any second. They are going to take orders for Wildtracks, SAS, etc. AND THEY WILL BUILD THEM. And they will get the MY23.5 price and ADMs with it. You watch. We have 3 years of evidence to draw from on this. This is what is going to happen.

2) Can you afford a fully spec'd Bronco at MY23.5+ prices if you do not get a PP/PO build now? I cannot. Losing price protection (or the possibility thereof) is the only reason I am hanging on after 958 days. If you can afford the MY23.5+ pricing, then I don't know why you are not simply finding your truck now and buying it. There are plenty out there. Or hit the dealers the second order banks open after 3/7. My original build of 2DR BL, SAS, Lux was at local dealer outside of Chicago for $77K (includes ADM) and they weren't budging and now the truck is gone. Had I got my order fulfilled at Granger as stated, it would have barely cracked $50K. FORD/dealers do not need/want our MY21 PP/PO garbage sale.

3) PR hits are a myth. The trucks are being built and sold at current prices. No one cares about a whiner like me so there is little to no incentive for them to change their behavior after screwing me and many others for 1000 days! There were articles about this in automotive publications early on and it did not do anything to FORD. It certainly did not change their behavior. The evidence is there. Folks are in denial if they cannot see that. The behavior from FORD over 3 years is the evidence. They want the MY23.5 dollars and do not care if I buy another vehicle from them. End of story.

I did not want to capitulate to FORD but I want the truck. I hope to get the truck. And I hope to show off the lemonade I make with the build with all of you in the future.

Should be an interesting next couple of weeks. Good luck.

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My biggest question at this point is will the first serious "Clear Out the Oldies" scheduling begin on 3/9 or will Ford wait until 3/16.

3 weeks of drama ahead. Perfect for the obsessive B6G crowd. 🤣😄🤞

Sponsored

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My biggest question at this point is will the first serious "Clear Out the Oldies" scheduling begin on 3/9 or will Ford wait until 3/16.

3 weeks of drama ahead. Perfect for the obsessive B6G crowd. 🤣😄🤞
Pass the Xanax...

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
1) "I think the fact that we have seen no scheduling for 2 weeks and even Zach is guessing that we won't see any until the doomsday date passes shows that FORD is licking its chops to fuck over the rez holder one last final time." - Since folks will be changing or dropping their orders up until March 7, it would make no sense for them to schedule until these changes are all complete. Only then will Ford have all information necessary to plan efficient production. Also, I was scheduled on Jan 26 for Apr 3 build week. I was then bumped to week of April 17. So, They've already scheduled production far beyond the March 7 deadline.

"As a Badlands rez, I don't think I am losing too much with SAS being dropped. Other trims, you can take any saving and get some reasonable coilovers and wheels/tires. In time, you can make your Bronco a really nice truck." - Most don't have the time nor inclination to do such modifications. I got SAS from factory and never have to lift a finger and enjoy from day 1. You have time to add back SAS to fix your prior mistake. The foolish ones are agreeing to take a care that they didn't order!

"FORD wants sales but they do not need and more importantly do not want a MY2021 sale. They want a MY2023.5 sale." Yet they are giving thousands away in PP PLUS $2500 EXTRA to modify orders! They are LOSING MONEY doing this because they are serious to clear out old orders.

"FORD wants to purge these reservations. PERIOD. They don't mean business to help us. They mean it to make money." Had they wanted to purge orders they would have let Granger folks wait until 25, 26 & 27 MY through limited allocations as everyone expected and killed price protection along the way. Instead, they decided to build everyone now at a big discount to their cost and hurting profitability this year. How anyone can be upset about this is beyond comprehension.

"They are going to open the order banks any second. They are going to take orders for Wildtracks, SAS, etc. AND THEY WILL BUILD THEM." Yes and so what? That is their buisness.

2) "Can you afford a fully spec'd Bronco at MY23.5+ prices if you do not get a PP/PO build now? I cannot." If you are that close to not affording it, maybe you shouldn't buy a Bronco? For such a large purchase, I'm surprised you wouldn't get EXACTLY what you want for your significant investment in this vehicle?

"Losing price protection (or the possibility thereof) is the only reason I am hanging on after 958 days." - Agree, very generous of Ford offer such price protection.

"Had I got my order fulfilled at Granger as stated, it would have barely cracked $50K." - You would get this now if you don't/didn't change your order.

3) "No incentive for them to change their behavior after screwing me and many others for 1000 days!" - Ford is letting you buy a new Bronco for MANY thousands of dollars below MSRP and ever further below current market price. How were YOU screwed over?

"I did not want to capitulate to FORD but I want the truck." FOMO has got the better of you! You want it so bad, you are willing to settle for less than what you want. You have played right into Ford's psychological game benefitting them and the intrepid majority who've correctly stuck to their guns.

"I hope to get the truck." - You'll get it and feel bad every time to see a Sasquatch roll past you on the road.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

emailing over to our team at [email protected] and we can assist.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not entirely illogical but the reasons/considerations not to play chicken with FORD and change are this...

1) Do you trust FORD at all? If you do, getting a Bronco is not your biggest problem. I know this reason seems counter-intuitive but I think the fact that we have seen no scheduling for 2 weeks and even Zach is guessing that we won't see any until the doomsday date passes shows that FORD is licking its chops to fuck over the rez holder one last final time. As a Badlands rez, I don't think I am losing too much with SAS being dropped. Other trims, you can take any saving and get some reasonable coilovers and wheels/tires. In time, you can make your Bronco a really nice truck.

And I respectfully disagree with Cheshire. FORD wants sales but they do not need and more importantly do not want a MY2021 sale. They want a MY2023.5 sale. FORD wants to purge these reservations. PERIOD. They don't mean business to help us. They mean it to make money. They are going to open the order banks any second. They are going to take orders for Wildtracks, SAS, etc. AND THEY WILL BUILD THEM. And they will get the MY23.5 price and ADMs with it. You watch. We have 3 years of evidence to draw from on this. This is what is going to happen.

2) Can you afford a fully spec'd Bronco at MY23.5+ prices if you do not get a PP/PO build now? I cannot. Losing price protection (or the possibility thereof) is the only reason I am hanging on after 958 days. If you can afford the MY23.5+ pricing, then I don't know why you are not simply finding your truck now and buying it. There are plenty out there. Or hit the dealers the second order banks open after 3/7. My original build of 2DR BL, SAS, Lux was at local dealer outside of Chicago for $77K (includes ADM) and they weren't budging and now the truck is gone. Had I got my order fulfilled at Granger as stated, it would have barely cracked $50K. FORD/dealers do not need/want our MY21 PP/PO garbage sale.

3) PR hits are a myth. The trucks are being built and sold at current prices. No one cares about a whiner like me so there is little to no incentive for them to change their behavior after screwing me and many others for 1000 days! There were articles about this in automotive publications early on and it did not do anything to FORD. It certainly did not change their behavior. The evidence is there. Folks are in denial if they cannot see that. The behavior from FORD over 3 years is the evidence. They want the MY23.5 dollars and do not care if I buy another vehicle from them. End of story.

I did not want to capitulate to FORD but I want the truck. I hope to get the truck. And I hope to show off the lemonade I make with the build with all of you in the future.

Should be an interesting next couple of weeks. Good luck.
I was laughing out loud about ford licking their chops. You're probably right.

Where I'm at is gambling the $2500 to get past the spring for what I really want. If by the summer we aren't seeing hardly any movement I'll consider cutting my losses and trying to get built by the end of the year. There are lots of anecdotes about updating to a buildable order and being scheduled the very next week.

I'm a coin flip on the March 7 decision, but told Samantha I was going for the build I want. Just in case it matters I dropped towing. She said it could still help to not have it on the build especially if it becomes constrained again which is possible.
Sponsored