Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m top 12 at Granger with a 4 Door Wildtrack hardtop.
Kinda tempted to move to 2 door badlands or 4 door badlands softie.
Ugh.
What to do… what to do

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m top 12 at Granger with a 4 Door Wildtrack hardtop.
Kinda tempted to move to 2 door badlands or 4 door badlands softie.
Ugh.
What to do… what to do
See what happens with scheduling this week. I’d call Granger and ask directly what they think about your situation. Heck, Zach has been really transparent, I’d request to talk to him directly if he has a couple minutes to chat. Get it straight from the source. Then make your final decision on what to do. Even DM him on the forum. He’s been really good about messaging back.

Last edited:

chowfun27

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was on the fence about changing my order to remove constraints but guess that's not an option anymore because it's previewing. Just reached out to Samantha this morning.

July 2021 Reservation and spot 300+ on the most recent list. I would guess most if not all of Granger's outstanding reservations are previewing!

Badlands - Sasquatch - MIC - High

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco Granger Ford Order Updates - We Need it 3/3/23 1677693964232

*Disclaimer: it likely is not happening and I have no inside information 😭

Last edited:

Sponsored

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"Since folks will be changing or dropping their orders up until March 7, it would make no sense for them to schedule until these changes are all complete. Only then will Ford have all information necessary to plan efficient production. Also, I was scheduled on Jan 26 for Apr 3 build week. I was then bumped to week of April 17. So, They've already scheduled production far beyond the March 7 deadline."

FORD can schedule anything they want. They do not need to wait or not wait. The evidence is Granger got 112 scheduled after this announcement. That happened. Some people capitulated and some didn't. Reportedly, the take rate on this offer is not that great. We shall see what unfolds. But remember your own bias in this position. You are scheduled with ZERO chance of not getting what you want.

"Most don't have the time nor inclination to do such modifications. I got SAS from factory and never have to lift a finger and enjoy from day 1. You have time to add back SAS to fix your prior mistake. The foolish ones are agreeing to take a care that they didn't order!"

If I am proven correct and folks do not get scheduled for holding fast, it won't be so foolish. I hear your point. And I actually agree with you 110% on principle. Do not settle. But that is taking into consideration that FORD can or will build your truck and if they don't you are prepared to pay substantially more than you were originally.

In terms of effort in making my build, I again do not disagree that there is a inconvenience factor (and likely a cost factor for what I have planned). For me personally, I would have rather just taken possession with SAS intact and I likely wouldn't have touched the truck (see, I do agree with you). But honestly I was never a fan of the wheel/tire package with SAS. So if I am being "forced" to make a change, I will try to make lemonade out of it and actually have the wheels/tires that I want albeit not day 1. Assuming (and its a big assumption) that I get the PP/PO/other incentives, I think I will actually be happier in the end. But we shall see. I will return here and admit if I was wrong. This is not about ego for me. But I do not think a day or 2 in the custom shop is going to break my Bronco experience. Not getting a Bronco would. But more on that below.

"Yet they are giving thousands away in PP PLUS $2500 EXTRA to modify orders! They are LOSING MONEY doing this because they are serious to clear out old orders."

Again, thus far, the take rate has been relatively low according to what others have posted. And although I admit that I have not seen FORD's books, they are not losing any money here. They are not doing this out of kindness. And they and more so the dealers (their true customers) made a lot more money NOT filling our orders when they should have over the last 3 years. So if anything this issue is the FOMOCO and the dealers but it came at our expense in not building out by reservation.

" Had they wanted to purge orders they would have let Granger folks wait until 25, 26 & 27 MY through limited allocations as everyone expected and killed price protection along the way. Instead, they decided to build everyone now at a big discount to their cost and hurting profitability this year. How anyone can be upset about this is beyond comprehension. "

Well, they are doing this and this is what is looking like. They're just not waiting until 25, 26, etc. Change or you will purged. But you are not making much sense here. You are saying to not change but then here you say don't be mad about the offer? I don't get this.

"Yes and so what? That is their buisness."

I am aware. But I am illustrating this how they are doing this to their advantage. They will build the new orders versus the outstanding orders. The financials will be their motivation and PR hits be damned.

" If you are that close to not affording it, maybe you shouldn't buy a Bronco? For such a large purchase, I'm surprised you wouldn't get EXACTLY what you want for your significant investment in this vehicle?"

This would be *my* business but thank you for looking out for me. In the end, I will hopefully get exactly what I want.

"Agree, very generous of Ford offer such price protection."

If it's such a great offer, why are you talking everyone out of it?

"You would get this now if you don't/didn't change your order."

That is a wish. You could be right. You could be wrong. After 3 years of FORD behavior, I have made the decision to not test it anymore.

"Ford is letting you buy a new Bronco for MANY thousands of dollars below MSRP and ever further below current market price. How were YOU screwed over?"

FORD has lied and otherwise moved the goalposts throughout this rollout. It has been well dissected on the forums. And here again, you are stating how generous they are being. If so, why am I wrong in taking their money to customize more to my liking. If this is such a drain on FORD, they should not have capitulated to the dealers early on and simply fulfilled orders based on reservation which is what they said they would do.

"FOMO has got the better of you! You want it so bad, you are willing to settle for less than what you want. You have played right into Ford's psychological game benefitting them and the intrepid majority who've correctly stuck to their guns."

You are saying this like it's a bad thing. I and many others (perhaps yourself) have waited nearly 1000 days. If missing out wasn't a thing, I'd be driving a Chevy Traverse or something. Only the obsessed would go through this. The only people in this arrangement who are not as you described are those who truly do not care about getting the truck (which is perfectly fine) or those who can afford to be skipped and will simply buy the truck at the higher price points (again perfectly fine). The folks will only be proved correct for sticking to their guns if they get built. I have 1000 days of evidence and nearly 200K Broncos already built that I didn't get that says I will probably not be so lucky. I am glad you were. I want everyone to get their truck. You trust FORD in this process. I do not.

And here again, you are contradicting yourself. So is this deal hurting them or benefitting them? You've said both. IF this is a sweet deal that is causing them apparent financial harm so is that not win for me? Getting a truck on the cheap and sticking it to FORD and their bottom line?
Ford just spent two weeks scheduling just about ever manual transmission they could, and Zach reported that 100% of Granger's 7MT orders had been scheduled.

Ford just recalled just about every 10-speed auto built for the last 3 months (Bronco, Mustang, Exploder, F-150).

I suspect the delay in scheduling is actually tied to the "loose screw in the tranny" issue, and QC wanting to make sure that the new transmissions are good rather than extend a recall or issue a stop ship for more product.

Now, FoMoCo screwing over Granger is simply par for the course at this point.
Excellent point. And I would change my position to this. But to be clear, I still disagree with the other poster who thinks the delay is to wait to see what reservation holders do with removing constraints so to help us (the customer). That is never the reason for 'no scheduling this week'.

sm_cc_03

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Badlands, 2023 Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But honestly I was never a fan of the wheel/tire package with SAS. So if I am being "forced" to make a change, I will try to make lemonade out of it and actually have the wheels/tires that I want albeit not day 1. Assuming (and its a big assumption) that I get the PP/PO/other incentives, I think I will actually be happier in the end.
Really good point, I'm also not a fan of the SAS wheel/tire package. 2 Door Badlands without SAS saves about $6600 when you factor in the modification offer. I was already on the fence about SAS on the 2 door Badlands and feel it is overpriced with ugly wheels. For $6600 I can make it my own/into something that to me is >>> SAS. Factoring in the increased odds of actually getting built, it felt like a no brainer. But I guess some people don't view the truck as a blank canvas on which to build and never plan to change a single thing from the factory?

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Really good point, I'm also not a fan of the SAS wheel/tire package. 2 Door Badlands without SAS saves about $6600 when you factor in the modification offer. I was already on the fence about SAS on the 2 door Badlands and feel it is overpriced with ugly wheels. For $6600 I can make it my own/into something that to me is >>> SAS. Factoring in the increased odds of actually getting built, it felt like a no brainer. But I guess some people don't view the truck as a blank canvas on which to build and never plan to change a single thing from the factory?
Dropping Sas from badlands for $2500 makes a lot of sense bc the guts are already there. All Sasquatch is on badlands is the wheels and tires (and flares, brake light, etc). On other trims we’re also dropping axle, suspension, front locker, etc. Maybe if they sweetened the deal for black Diamond it would move me off the fence.

I agree they aren’t my favorite and will plan on powder coating the sas rings black.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When they first announced the $2500 I was planning on moving to BL, High but then they clarified you couldn’t move trims and get the $2500

sm_cc_03

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dropping Sas from badlands for $2500 makes a lot of sense bc the guts are already there. All Sasquatch is on badlands is the wheels and tires (and flares, brake light, etc). On other trims we’re also dropping axle, suspension, front locker, etc. Maybe if they sweetened the deal for black Diamond it would move me off the fence.

I agree they aren’t my favorite and will plan on powder coating the sas rings black.
Fully agree with this. I'm glad SAS is offered on all trims and is a great deal on non-BL trims.

Sponsored

sm_cc_03

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When they first announced the $2500 I was planning on moving to BL, High but then they clarified you couldn’t move trims and get the $2500
Yeah, Samantha says I'm previewing so maybe I stumbled into the sweet spot here with my BL order factoring in price protection, the $2500 modification offer, and Grangetober pricing. I wouldn't have switched off SAS if I didn't have a BL build and like you would probably have powder coated the rings and called it a day.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, Samantha says I'm previewing so maybe I stumbled into the sweet spot here with my BL order factoring in price protection, the $2500 modification offer, and Grangetober pricing. I wouldn't have switched off SAS if I didn't have a BL build and like you would probably have powder coated the rings and called it a day.
Badlands with PP, Granger discount, an extra $2500 and a “guarantee” of being built in 2023 is definitely a sweet spot.

I thought about just jumping up to BL anyway. Maybe I should have. It was effectively an additional $4k to trade sas and hardtop for soft top, 33s and the 12” screen and more of a guarantee to be built. I guess if I roll into a 2024 I’ll regret not doing that. Hopefully all of us Oct 2020 Granger folks are about to be scheduled.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Only if your order is a WT. Non-WT's have to drop all constraints or cancel to get the $2500.
No, if you have Base, BB, BD, OB or BL with any constraints you can switch to any of the other trims (sans WT) without constraints and get the $2500.

I had a Base SAS, MIC and was thinking switch to Badlands without SAS or MIC. I would have gotten the $2500 had I done this.
Sponsored