Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is exactly what the naysayers said that Ford would never do ... send hundreds of Bronco's to Iowa. Yet here we are.

The truth is that Ford would have save a lot of price-protection money if they had did this in MY22 as originally promised. All these Bronco's could have been sold at MT23 prices.
I've been thinking about that recently. The way Ford handled reservations only benefitted a subset of dealers, at the expense of buyers and Ford, themselves. I wonder if the C-Suite is aware of how much the dealership model, and capitulation to NADA, is costing them.
Sponsored

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've been thinking about that recently. The way Ford handled reservations only benefitted a subset of dealers, at the expense of buyers and Ford, themselves. I wonder if the C-Suite is aware of how much the dealership model, and capitulation to NADA, is costing them.
Ford is building about 400 Broncos for Granger customers in a two month span. Would have been better for everyone if they had spread them out over MY22. 🤷‍♂️

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
HOLD STEADY! - Reasons Why

1) Dropping constraints guarantees NOTHING - from Ford's Bronco Order Modification Private Offer FAQs " removing Molded-In Color Hardtop, Sasquatch Package, Lux Package or shifting from Wildtrak series will improve the likelihood of getting a Bronco in 2023 model year."

2) Customers who've dropped have gotten screwed - I read Granger order holder posts from January where people with Base Sasquatch, MIC who switched to different trims (BD, BL, etc) did NOT get scheduled January 26 when 112 Granger folks did. I called Samantha the day before my Base SAS MIC got scheduled to switch to Badlands, but luckily she said I was previewing and she couldn't change my order.

3) Many have already canceled or changed orders - Ford's incentive strategy has already been effective. I've read many posts of people that dropped constraints, bought off the lot w/$2500 discount or cancelled altogether. Every one of these instances is beneficial for those who do nothing!

4) Granger discount too valuable give up - Taking the $2500 discount to buy off the lot makes sense for folks with orders at a dealer who've agreed to sell at MSRP. If you can find a suitable vehicle, losing price protection is about offset by the $2500 offer and gets you a vehicle sooner. Granger folks with $1000 or $2000 below invoice lose $2-3k by buying off lot at a different dealer.

5) SAS & NON-SAS are completely different vehicles - Dropping the Sasquatch constraint buys you a totally different vehicle with less after market value. If you have the SAS constraint, settling for any trim w/o SAS is a big mistake (except maybe Badlands) and the $2500 you save will not offset the disappointment you feel every time you pass a SAS Bronco on the road.

6) Ford won't leave you hanging - Ford is serious about building ALL order holders in MY23! Price protection for early orders is worth close to $5000 after the latest price increases. Offering an extra $2500 on top of this to modify orders shows Ford means business. They won't make $$ on those Broncos! Ford easily has the capacity to build all orders by November and I cannot conceive of them leaving a few thousand people w/o a Bronco after 3 years. The PR hassle is bigger than just taking care of those customers.

7) You can always drop constraints AFTER March 7 - MY23 will get built well into the fall, so if you are really worried you'll be left out come July or so, you can drop constraints then. I think it will be apparent by then that holding stready was the right strategy.

8) Ford wants your sale! - Related to #6 and contrary to disgruntled folks that claim Ford doesn't care about us, Ford WANTS to sell all of us a Bronco. It's in Ford's interest to have a long list of reservations when order banks open back up. Building all orders will push new orders further out the schedule. This shows scarcity and demand, causing new customers to want the product more. Keeping the product hot also means not having orders holders who waited 3 years and got screwed posting all over the net how pissed they are.

Don't let FOMO cloud your judgement! Buy the Bronco you want and don't compromise.
Credit where it's due. You were right! I held steady and I'm glad I did!

THANK YOU

Sponsored

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So assuming being pushed back a couple times, rail transportation, etc... When are we expecting the big delivery to happen for Granger? I was figuring June, but not really sure.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

weezy_jw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 3.5L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Got my production email for 4/10 as well!

4dr Big Bend, Mid, SAS, MIC, Tow, 2.7L.
#311 on the list I think. So excited!

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got scheduled for two with Granger today... a heritage, and a badlands with all the sins. One is a Grangetober deal.

Sponsored

BLTN

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands; '95 Jeep XJ; '05 F-350; '07 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So assuming being pushed back a couple times, rail transportation, etc... When are we expecting the big delivery to happen for Granger? I was figuring June, but not really sure.
Original 2/27/2023 scheduled build week - I figured I'd get pushed at least once...didn't happen. Modules popped on 2/28, right on schedule....so there is hope that you WON'T get shuffled. Some builds are even getting PULLED to earlier weeks...

I believe Samantha told someone that it was around 45 - 60 days from Build to Delivery...planning on late April/early May for mine, but remaining flexible - Semper Gumby!

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well guys it's been a fun ride. 10/29/2020 to now
Ford Bronco Granger Ford Order Updates - We Need it 3/3/23 Screenshot_20230302_114853_Outlook
Sponsored