First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just wanted to share how much he loved Colorado and everyone here and how he was looking forward to being with all of us. 😞
ED11EDB5-1930-45DF-9B4D-9D0281C424DF.png
This makes this even worse! ☹May Albert be running and traipsing all over the Colorado mountains RIP

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is just terribly sad to read. May the Lord bless and continue to watch over Albert's family.

The loss of life is truly something to morn, but a good life lived is one to celebrate. Although I never met Albert, he's impacted this forum, Granger Ford, customers and strangers alike, which is something special.

🙏 ❤

TomD9807

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150 / 2016 Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It is with a heavy heart that I must announce the passing of Albert Schmitz (Granger Ford). Albert was instrumental in getting us involved with this forum, a 25+ year employee, father, husband and friend.

Albert professed to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. While broncos are great, I believe Albert would rather see you in heaven someday than deliver your Bronco to you here on earth.

He leaves big shoes to fill and Sean and Amanda on our staff will do their best to fulfill our obligations to the Bronco community.

His impact cannot be understated for our store. My first interactions with Albert were as a 14 year old working in our detail shop and ended with me as the dealer principal and him as my employee. The 20 years in-between have been great, both learning a lot from each other.

We appreciate your thoughts and prayers for his family and co-workers.

IMG_9961.jpeg
May God watch over you and Grant you Eternal Peace, God Bless

djbuff303

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '07 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It is with a heavy heart that I must announce the passing of Albert Schmitz (Granger Ford). Albert was instrumental in getting us involved with this forum, a 25+ year employee, father, husband and friend.

Albert professed to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. While broncos are great, I believe Albert would rather see you in heaven someday than deliver your Bronco to you here on earth.

He leaves big shoes to fill and Sean and Amanda on our staff will do their best to fulfill our obligations to the Bronco community.

His impact cannot be understated for our store. My first interactions with Albert were as a 14 year old working in our detail shop and ended with me as the dealer principal and him as my employee. The 20 years in-between have been great, both learning a lot from each other.

We appreciate your thoughts and prayers for his family and co-workers.

IMG_9961.jpeg
I'm so saddened to hear this. My condolences to Alberts family, friends and co-workers. He made so many friends in the past year and he will not be forgotten.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m so sorry for your loss @Zach@Granger.

I had the pleasure to talk with Albert during the order process. What an incredible person. We talked about the EB he owned years ago and wanted back. It was one of those conversations you could have for hours.

God bless Albert and his family.

Sponsored

LS2GTO

Base
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 gto 00 f-250 03 t-bird 70 chevelle 59 tr-3..
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Terribly sad to hear. I only talked to Albert over the phone but his impact in this online community has been immeasurable.

Very nice tribute by @Zach@Granger, it’s obvious that Albert was much, much more than simply an employee.

Sincere condolences to Albert‘s family, and his extended family at Granger Ford As well.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Zach@Granger

After processing this a bit I remembered a part of a conversation we had over PM early in the process last year:

The buzz will be fun and Zach is getting excited about it as well...

Nice to have a young man at the helm that is having a ball running the dealership and loves the Bronco's like this crowd...

@Zach@Granger Albert thought very highly of you as well. Thank you for allowing him to have the autonomy to engage with this forum and provide some much value to this community.
I second this 1000%. Even after he started struggling to hold conversations for longer than a handful of minutes, Albert mentioned his admiration of Zach and was proud to be part of the Granger family. And @Amanda @ Granger , he said multiple times that you were like a daughter to him and I know that you were more like family to him than anything else.

With how close you were to Albert, I know you all must be struggling through this. Please know that all of us from Colorado are sending our thoughts and prayers. ❤

Rosedp

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

God speed Albert, I ordered my Bronco through Albert and he was a class act and I was looking forward to meeting him at my Bronco delivery. Very glad that I will meet him after due to his relationship with Jesus Christ. Prayers for his family and Granger Ford... He will be missed!
Sponsored