First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Ben SAS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My condolences. It was a short conversation with Albert that convinced me to change my order to Granger. He seemed like a really great guy.
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
On another note, think about this last year, being his last year and how many new freinds he met who hold so much respect for him. May we all be so lucky to have such an impact, even as its some of our last.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so sorry for your loss - he sounds like a great guy.. sure puts things in perspective - sure, our Broncos are sorta important, but the people in our lives are far more important.

ocnorBdroF1202

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC 1500 SLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm from Texas so ordered through another one of the large group buys, but every piece of commentary I saw Albert provide to the Granger group was nothing short of professional, passionate, informed, etc. I was never fortunate enough to meet or even speak to Albert, but I can tell you from the collective B6G group, he will be dearly missed. Fly high Albert...we all know you'll be looking down on our B6G band of brothers and sisters. RIP...your family and the extended Granger family will be in our thoughts and prayers...

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is with a heavy heart that I must announce the passing of Albert Schmitz (Granger Ford). Albert was instrumental in getting us involved with this forum, a 25+ year employee, father, husband and friend.

Albert professed to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. While broncos are great, I believe Albert would rather see you in heaven someday than deliver your Bronco to you here on earth.
He leaves big shoes to fill and Sean and Amanda on our staff will do their best to fulfill our obligations to the Bronco community.

His impact cannot be understated for our store. My first interactions with Albert were as a 14 year old working in our detail shop and ended with me as the dealer principal and him as my employee. The 20 years in-between have been great, both learning a lot from each other.

We appreciate your thoughts and prayers for his family and co-workers.

IMG_9961.jpeg
That is horrible news, he was such a personality when he first came to these pages and the reason many of us here are now with Granger.

My heart mourns for the loss and my prayers are with you all.

I love how he loved and talked about music.

Last edited:

Sponsored

midwestpilot

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like many on this forum, I specifically am buying through Granger because of Alberts lead in. The team has been amazing through the many challenges and changes I've made this year, but Albert was the first one to respond to many of my questions here. A little while ago Albert responded to a question from his hospital bed. Absolutely an incredible person who genuinely cared. I was looking forward to meeting him when I got my bronco delivered, and this is incredibly sad news. Will be praying for his family and friends in this time.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

RIP Albert, you will be missed. May we meet one day in heaven, and take a ride in a new Bronco. May God give strength, and comfort to the family and loved ones of this fine man.

BadazzBronco

Badlands
First Name
Tamar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the pleasure of talking to Albert a few times when I switched to Granger... he was a true professional and definitely will be missed!
Sending positive thoughts to Albert's family and friends.
Rest Easy

Last edited:

Sponsored

AZbronco1

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
I spent over an hour talking on the with Albert about everything other than ordering my Bronco. Hunting , fishing, family. You name it. Finally I had to prompt him to take my order! I’m very sad to know I will not get to meet him in person on this earth but I will meet him in Heaven because I have faith in that same Jesus. Please pass my condolences to his family and to the the Granger team.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is gut wrenching news. I can't possibly fully explain how amazing Albert was. He would remember every detail of every conversation with every single one of us. And he mentioned many times how he was genuinely looking forward to meeting everybody from the forum.

@Granger Ford

Albert, I am tagging you because somehow I just know you are still with us and keeping up with B6G. I cannot thank you enough for what you've done. I am heartbroken that I won't be able to shake your hand when I pick up my Bronco. Rest in peace, Buddy. You are going to be sorely missed.