Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think I am more confused about the top than ever. What I think I understand:
-If I order the WT now (Dec) it comes with a MIC (grey) top and I get it sooner.
-Or I can wait until a black MIC is available and it will delay my order until it can be shipped with it as requested.
-Where do we see that we are being refunded for the top at? Are they saying you can get the Bronco without any top and it’s a couple of thousand less?
-Is the soft top an option?

I’m trying Albert but it’s still not comprehending.
Ford lowered the price of the WT $1895. The MIC top is $695 and the upgrade to the better (now delayed) top was $1200 on the lower trims. So, Ford is giving WT & FE folks the MIC hardtop for free. This was the right thing to do and they should be commended for it.

Get a WT with a free MIC top early or wait and pay $1895 more for a black top later.
Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's not any different than paying deposits for other things.

I didn't see my new house roof before it was installed, but I paid half of the overall cost before they started.
Yes- but did you wait a year for them to start your roof?

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am not understanding this $500 down issue. Maybe I'm not so great at the making money thing. Take a look at my profile pic. The pic is from 5 years ago. The XJS I payed $2000 for and spent 2 years and $1800 to get it road worthy. The 635csi I paid $990 for. The El Camino $2000.At the time of this picture my 16 year old son drove the XJS. My 19 year old daughter drove the BMW. The El Camino was a project. I joked with the kids that if this was 1986 we would have $120k worth of cars in the driveway which is more than I paid for the house. Not pictured was my 1999 F150 I drove for 16 years. At one point the $990 BMW was the most reliable car in the fleet.

I scraped for many years. I got those cars because I could work on them and my kids could drive something no one else had. They could be cool without keeping up with the Jones' . The F150 finally had to go because Ohio salt took its toll. When you're first choice is angle grinder to remove parts it's time. Started leasing VW because cheap and didn't worry if I was getting to work in the morning.

My debts are paid. The kids are on their way and relatively successful. I am ordering a Bronco that costs $52,000. My anxiety level is way up. I'm committed but wonder if I am being stupid. The least of all my worries is what about that $500 I won't see for 8 months. Seriously? I'll put off golfing until I pick it up. All square plus some.

We all come from different situations, different income levels. My ass struggled and I'm not sweating $500. If it wasn't refundable I wouldn't sweat it. Maybe I don't value money enough and that's why I don't have much but I sure don't lose sleep or time worrying about $500

Rant over. HBD. Goodnight
You sound wise with money and spending 50 grand makes most people concerned. Ask yourself a couple of questions- 1. Will I regret it if I do not buy the bronco at this time? 2. If I buy it and do t like it couldn’t I just sell it - yes a small loss but I will have known that for me I made the right choice.

First Name
Baylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Base
Turning $500 into $8,000,000 in only 6 months by working from home mining bitcoin and the magic of compounding interest? Yea, I get those emails as well.

Thankfully, unlike those fake emails, I sent my banking information to long lost family in Nigeria where they can turn a one-time $5,000 deposit into upwards of $100,000 overnight by converting my USD into Naira! And as we know from economics class, paying your bills off in foreign currency is the same as paying it off in domestic currency. BRILLIANT!!!
See, for me in GA, Akins Ford is one of the most likely candidates to offer the best discounts and rates. But even with them being as awesome as they always are, the Bronco will basically come with whatever price tag they want. They make millions a year and it makes me sick to think they might try to punch an extra 3-5k on my Bronco because if I can’t afford it then the sorry manager will buy it when I walk out the door.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Albert- will granger ford receive any bronco sports in prior to the deadline for placing the order for the regular Broncos. If so - many of us would visit just to see the colors in person.

Sponsored

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes- but did you wait a year for them to start your roof?
No. You have a point there. Somewhat.

I did put down a 50% deposit on a fly-in lodge vacation stay about 15 months in advance. And it's typical and customary to put down a deposit for something like this regardless of how far in the future the product or service is to be delivered. Same thing with Grand Canyon/ Glacier NP lodges. Wait time has no bearing on the deposit.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No. You have a point there. Somewhat.

I did put down a 50% deposit on a fly-in lodge vacation stay about 15 months in advance. And it's typical and customary to put down a deposit for something like this regardless of how far in the future the product or service is to be delivered. Same thing with Grand Canyon/ Glacier NP lodges. Wait time has no bearing on the deposit.
that makes sense for an established lodge, however, in this case, we're looking at something that is just breaking ground, and still perfecting the septic system

acfassett

First Name
Athena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just want to say some of this isn't 100% accurate for all dealers.

At Walker Ford, we will not require any additional deposit at order time.
We are getting orders/configurations and scheduling appointments NOW while we wait for WBDO order bank to open.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So by the looks of this thread alone, there’s going to be plenty of repossessed Broncos out there selling for a bargain so I might just sell my early reservation for a few thousand and wait until one of these “I can’t afford to put down $500” folks loses their Bronco because they shouldn’t have been buying one in the first place... if you’re one of those people, I’d like a Badlands in Area 51 ?
Lol, I'm doing Badlands A51, but I plan on keeping it. I'm good with a down payment. That much less that I have to finance come pay-the-piper time.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Albert- will granger ford receive any bronco sports in prior to the deadline for placing the order for the regular Broncos. If so - many of us would visit just to see the colors in person.
Maybe but it will be close we are hoping for the end of the year to see those mannequins

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have read on other threads that reservations can be converted to orders from our Ford account website? Is this not true? According to Albert, we wait until contacted by the dealership which may not be until Feburary. I also remember reading that all reservations must be converted to orders before a certain date, which I thougth was before Febuary. Please clarify. Thanks

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have read on other threads that reservations can be converted to orders from our Ford account website? Is this not true? According to Albert, we wait until contacted by the dealership which may not be until Feburary. I also remember reading that all reservations must be converted to orders before a certain date, which I thougth was before Febuary. Please clarify. Thanks
Where did he state that you may not be contacted by the dealership until February?
Sponsored