First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Except, unlike most custom orders, instead of waiting 1-4 months for your build, we will be waiting much longer without the use of that money. Kind of like overpaying the IRS and them not paying you any interest on your money in their possession until you get it back in your refund.

I as well, thought I remember a post from Granger, about them not requiring an additional deposit to convert the res to an order. I have the money and have every intention of of following through on the purchase but I am firmly of the belief that I can do better things with my money than having it sit unproductively in someone else account, if I have the choice. And one of the reasons I made the choice to move my res to Granger is my recollection that they said they would not require an additional deposit. I would hope, if that is what they stated, they would hold to that.
How are you going to make $500 work for you over a few months, realistically? I understand on a larger amount, but even keeping it in a regular savings account will offer almost no return.

I'm all about making my money work for me, but I've also never been able to do much with an extra $500.
Sponsored

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With regards to this deposit or any other being refundable or not, check state laws, not with the dealer. While we all feel for the dealers and their plight, we are putting up cash on vehicles we have never sat in or driven. In many cases not even seen in person. The usual rules do not apply here.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
How are you going to make $500 work for you over a few months, realistically? I understand on a larger amount, but even keeping it in a regular savings account will offer almost no return.

I'm all about making my money work for me, but I've also never been able to do much with an extra $500.
Turning $500 into $8,000,000 in only 6 months by working from home mining bitcoin and the magic of compounding interest? Yea, I get those emails as well.

Thankfully, unlike those fake emails, I sent my banking information to long lost family in Nigeria where they can turn a one-time $5,000 deposit into upwards of $100,000 overnight by converting my USD into Naira! And as we know from economics class, paying your bills off in foreign currency is the same as paying it off in domestic currency. BRILLIANT!!!

ScoobyDrew

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As the saying goes, if you can't afford the payment, you probably shouldn't be buying the vehicle.

And if you can't afford a $55K vehicle on your own, then you need to buy an EV so the taxpayers can chip in up to $7,500 so you can afford your vehicle.

No matter how strongly you disagree on a personal level that a deposit is needed, the anals of history have proven time and again that when a person has some skin in the game, they make different decisions with their money than if they don't have a dime in the pot. The $100 reservation was Childs play, and Granger is prudent to avoid any negative scrutiny from Ford by having a raft of cancelled orders at delivery. It's one thing to have a customers credit declined at time of delivery than it is to have them no-show the vehicle, one proves you ordered a vehicle properly, the other indicates you pumped your orders up to sell units off the floor with ADM as the product is a rare and hot commodity.
annals?

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No matter how strongly you disagree on a personal level that a deposit is needed, the anals of history have proven time and again that when a person has some skin in the game, they make different decisions with their money than if they don't have a dime in the pot.
I'm going to defer to your knowledge/experience with regard to anal history.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Strongly disagree here. Who’s to say what a person’s financial situation will be when they receive the vehicle. If one actually knew when they would get the vehicle it allows for a bit financial planning. I believe our taxes will be going up after this election (not to get political) so if you can’t depend on your steady income at an unknown time of arrival, how can you plan on being able to afford a $55k vehicle ?? Extra taxes is one thing, but to lose your job all together like some have during Covid, absolutely horrible!
So yeah, that does leave several people w a sense of “should I”. This is a dream car for many, especially those who haves followed the progression for years waiting for this day.
Also, don’t think it’ll hurt Granger much if you don’t follow through w the final purchase?, they get a new Bronco to sell on the lot for more $ then they were selling it to you for! Just guessing, extrapolate how you want, but if Granger has 1200 reservations, 1000 people order, only 800 purchase, pretty sure it won’t hurt their equated bronco allocation when no one in the region will come close to their volume selling! ?‍♂
There will be a lot of canceled reservations due to deposits. Just means we’ll move up the list ?.
I don’t mind a small deposit but to let the dealer use a large deposit for 6-12-months is not reasonable.

colotex

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lexus RC350 F Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a top question. Getting a badsquatch in Cyber Orange (yellow) 2 door. I know that comes standard with the carbonized gray molded in color top. (I won’t get into the fact that I think the color of the MIC top should be black). On the build and price it said I could get a soft top added on and then it also mentions a Bimini top. I’ve heard other people say the soft top options won’t be available in a two door right off the bat. Does anyone know the definitive answer to that?

I would also mention that I am getting cyber orange partly because I think it’s ridiculous to have a race red two door bronco with exposed exterior body panel on the inside (red) next to orange seat trim and accents. Still can’t believe interior-accent colors are linked to trim level instead of exterior color.

Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Invest 500 in the DIA on ameritrade . If the general stock market goes up- you will earn money. If you prefer tech invest in the qqq

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a top question. Getting a badsquatch in Cyber Orange (yellow) 2 door. I know that comes standard with the carbonized gray molded in color top. (I won’t get into the fact that I think the color of the MIC top should be black). On the build and price it said I could get a soft top added on and then it also mentions a Bimini top. I’ve heard other people say the soft top options won’t be available in a two door right off the bat. Does anyone know the definitive answer to that?

I would also mention that I am getting cyber orange partly because I think it’s ridiculous to have a race red two door bronco with exposed exterior body panel on the inside (red) next to orange seat trim and accents. Still can’t believe interior-accent colors are linked to trim level instead of exterior color.
The “soft top” that is not available for the 2-door is the weather-tight folding soft top. (Think Jeep soft top.)

The other “tops” that you mention are really just temporary fabric options to stretch over your bronco when the hard top is removed to protect you from the sun and some minimal rain. (think of like a “hat” for your bronco)

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Invest 500 in the DIA on ameritrade . If the general stock market goes up- you will earn money. If you prefer tech invest in the qqq
yeah easy 8% on 500, which granted isn’t much but it’s the principle of the matter.

we haven’t even SEEN the fucking truck and now we give free money to dealers? Nah eat my ass

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yeah easy 8% on 500, which granted isn’t much but it’s the principle of the matter.

we haven’t even SEEN the fucking truck and now we give free money to dealers? Nah eat my ass
aY75xoO_460s.jpg
Sponsored