First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yeah easy 8% on 500, which granted isn’t much but it’s the principle of the matter.

we haven’t even SEEN the fucking truck and now we give free money to dealers? Nah eat my ass
Buh-bye
Sponsored

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks like it's in B&P and was confirmed by (of all people) Mike Levine as available at launch.

Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 15.04.28.png

Since Mike said it...... I'll believe it when I see it.

Brock27

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've got no problem with a $500 deposit. To me it shows a mutual commitment by both parties to see the deal through, as agreed to, to completion.
But everything we've seen thus far has been a "concept" vehicle, right? They could change anything at any time between our deposit and delivery, so we should at least have the option to have our deposit plus reservation fee refunded if we don't like the final product.

colintrax

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado, Ford Explorer, KTM 890 ADV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How are you going to make $500 work for you over a few months, realistically? I understand on a larger amount, but even keeping it in a regular savings account will offer almost no return.

I'm all about making my money work for me, but I've also never been able to do much with an extra $500.
If you put $500 into NIO or PLUG a month ago itd be a nice paycheck right now.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But everything we've seen thus far has been a "concept" vehicle, right? They could change anything at any time between our deposit and delivery, so we should at least have the option to have our deposit plus reservation fee refunded if we don't like the final product.
I believe the point of the B&P is that it could be used as a representation of what will be delivered.

Sponsored

Brock27

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe the point of the B&P is that it could be used as a representation of what will be delivered.
edit: pics meant to be humor. 99% taking a Bronco home unless they don't allow brush guard, sound dampening and paint protection with the 2.7 Sasquatch!

Ford Bronco Granger Ford - Questions on Bronco ordering and other FAQ's Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 5.17.27 PM

Ford Bronco Granger Ford - Questions on Bronco ordering and other FAQ's Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 5.17.37 PM

Ford Bronco Granger Ford - Questions on Bronco ordering and other FAQ's Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 5.20.05 PM

Last edited:

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

No issues with a $500 deposit but for some still making payments, work changes with covid and holidays coming up the sooner they can put something out the better.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

we haven’t even SEEN the fucking truck and now we give free money to dealers? Nah eat my ass
It's not any different than paying deposits for other things.

I didn't see my new house roof before it was installed, but I paid half of the overall cost before they started.

bigsky713

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Ford Bronco / 2002 Ford Super Duty 7.3 PS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMO a $500 deposit at ordering time is reasonable as long as it is refundable or rolled into the vehicle purchase. If the required deposit is going to be a 2-3 thousand or more I'm sure we all need to know that asap.

Thanks Albert for the communication and all of your work for the bronco buyers. (y)

Sponsored

magicman7143

Big Bend
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

While a $500 deposit isn't the end of the world it would piss me off a bit after the Granger employee that called 4 days ago to see if I had any questions about my reservation or the process specifically stated their wouldn't be any additional deposit over the $100 reservation. $500 doesn't bother me as much as getting 2 different answers from different people....

Steamroller72

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM Sport Quad Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The "I'm not letting the dealer use my $500" crowd is entertaining.

I buy, sell, depreciate assets for a living... hundreds of vendors require 10% down for a product that may not be built and invoiced for 3 years, yet $500 down on a 50k vehicle is a tragic misuse of Joe Blow's funds.

You can't win with the uneducated consumer.

Last edited:

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We shouldn't confuse the willingness to put up a deposit with the ability to put up a deposit. People that have money don't get that way by throwing it around at any old person who asks for it.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The "I'm not letting the dealer use my $500" crowd is entertaining.

I buy, sell, depreciate assets for a living... hundreds and hundreds of vendors require 10% down for a product that may not be built and invoiced for 3 years, yet $500 down on a 50k vehicle is a tragic misuse of Joe Blow's funds.

You can't win with the uneducated consumer.
I agree and it’s not like you are just giving them $500 bucks... it will come off the damn price of the rig....
Some people won’t bat an eye and financing $55k ride and make a $700 a month payment but damn it don’t ask me for $500 to actually
Order it...

RustChole

Big Bend
First Name
TheKeeper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler JK
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I printed out the 2021 Bronco Quick Reference Guide that was posted on this website and actually read it (not sure why:) I’m not trying to be a smart-ass, but 99% of the answers to ALL of these questions on this thread are answered on the first few pages. If someone can repost that link I’d highly recommend printing it out or just reading it online.
Sponsored