Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That is what you would do.

We cannot collect and pay them for you

We can put them in the total package if you give us the tax rate(s) and plate fees, then cut you a check so that when you title it is handled.
I have my own tags would it be possible to use those or would I have to get Iowa Tags.Im just trying to figure out how it works for being out of state. @Granger Ford
Sponsored

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have my own tags would it be possible to use those or would I have to get Iowa Tags.Im just trying to figure out how it works for being out of state. @Granger Ford
There is a transit tag ($45) for out of state but my I will need to confirm with my tite personnel how to handle out of state plates in hand.

Dwrigh2

Big Bend
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There is a transit tag ($45) for out of state but my I will need to confirm with my tite personnel how to handle out of state plates in hand.
Okay thank you I will call tomorrow just to talk more about it and learn more about it.Im not sure if there is a time difference but I live in NC @Granger Ford

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Invoice - below window sticker...is not true cost if car ... this is what floorplan and banks use as cost.

Cost is 2-3% behind invoice that dealers use to defray he cost of floor planned (sitting in stock) inventory.
By all means I am not in the car sales business but I have been doing a ton of research online and on this forum. The way I understand it is INVOICE is 96.5% of MSRP and COST is 2-3% of MSRP and is considered Dealer Holdback that a dealer gets paid for selling a vehicle.

So the dealer comes out even if they sell a vehicle at 93.5% of MSRP; anything above that is profit and anything below that is a loss.

@Granger Ford do I understand correctly?

Last edited:

CarreraX

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E30 M3, 993 C4S, GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Question about purchasing and what all will be extra on the invoice from you. Im from Texas, so state tax is 6.25%. Will Granger charge sales tax from Iowa, which is at 6% and I take it I would make up the difference when I got back to Texas? What sales tax would be charged? State and Local and City? I have some of my old invoices from my purchases and most include a documentary fee, and in Texas the most it can be is $150, what do you typically charge? Are there other non-Bronco related charges, tint, documentary, etc?

Thank you!!

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question about purchasing and what all will be extra on the invoice from you. Im from Texas, so state tax is 6.25%. Will Granger charge sales tax from Iowa, which is at 6% and I take it I would make up the difference when I got back to Texas? What sales tax would be charged? State and Local and City? I have some of my old invoices from my purchases and most include a documentary fee, and in Texas the most it can be is $150, what do you typically charge? Are there other non-Bronco related charges, tint, documentary, etc?

Thank you!!
Taxes and tags are paid in your state, out of state people will only be charged DOC of $180 ($100 w/xplan) and $45 transit tag.

No hidden or extras other than what I have stated above

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is a dealer forced to provide X plan pricing if Ford offers it? I was quoted 500 over invoice. Would I be able to force X Plan price if I stick with them?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks - just to be clear - if I buy there I can take my new Badlands through the Badlands on the way home. ; )

One question - given the uncertainty of delivery dates work schedules etc. - how long can I leave it on your lot till I pick it up? Because I do want the return drive to be a mini vacation through the Badlands.
Great thought. Need to figure out a flight out/etc.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Could you ELI5 on this one? I thought the X-Plan was a hard price that could not be adjusted in either direction. What is the "300 commission"?

*Edit - Had not seen the update in your price thread. That's an insane deal. Not like "sleazy local car lot commercial with salesman screaming his head off, toupe and giant inflatable gorilla flapping in the breeze"-Insane. Legitimately kind of crazy.
What's wrong with gorillas?

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You would just contact your local RMV (insurance agent might even handle it) for a transfer form and fee. My agent gives me all of the papers I need. Well, she and the loan officer at the bank...

EDIT: If coming in with your own financing, or pre-qual and then comparing, then the dealer might need to call the bank for a few items (but you would bring your old plates, old registration and coy of insurance binder with you). Normally it shouldn't be an issue. Especially if the bank, insurance and dealer have communicated before you show up at the dealer. I would suspect calling each of the 3, giving each of them the numbers of the other 2, then the time at the dealership SHOULD- SHOULD be minor. Unless you are going to try and haggle for a couple pieces of Bronco/Ford swag that is.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is a dealer forced to provide X plan pricing if Ford offers it? I was quoted 500 over invoice. Would I be able to force X Plan price if I stick with them?
NO - it is nuts if they do not but not a requirement by Ford..

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You would just contact your local RMV (insurance agent might even handle it) for a transfer form and fee. My agent gives me all of the papers I need. Well, she and the loan officer at the bank...
Great answer
Sponsored