securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

X plan has been explained in other threads but let's be consistent.
It is a partner pricing structure that is .4% below invoice plus a 275 fee that Ford requires.
X-Plan also allows dealers to charge a documentation fee, which is capped at $100 or the state regulatory maximum, whichever is lower.

For all I know, y'all may not charge doc fees at all, but most dealers will charge one, so X-Plan would actually be:

.4% below invoice plus a $275 fee that Ford requires plus a dealer documentation fee of no more than $100.

Which is still a pretty decent deal in my opinion.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

X-Plan also allows dealers to charge a documentation fee, which is capped at $100 or the state regulatory maximum, whichever is lower.

For all I know, y'all may not charge doc fees at all, but most dealers will charge one, so X-Plan would actually be:

.4% below invoice plus a $275 fee that Ford requires plus a dealer documentation fee of no more than $100.

Which is still a pretty decent deal in my opinion.
partially correct

DOC Capped at $100 - Correct our state allows for $180

.4% below invoice - Correct

275 Fee - Incorrect that is an internal fee that the customer does not pay.

Yes the X plan is a great deal if there the dealer participates (optional and crazy if they do not)
and there are no better competitive offers. like our $1000 off invoice..

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

partially correct

275 Fee - Incorrect that is an internal fee that the customer does not pay.
Thank you for the correction. I kept seeing this fee mentioned and assumed it was passed on to the customer.

Just to make sure I get this right, the customer pays (Invoice - 0.4%) + doc fee (max $100), and the dealer pays the $275 fee?

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for the correction. I kept seeing this fee mentioned and assumed it was passed on to the customer.

Just to make sure I get this right, the customer pays (Invoice - 0.4%) + doc fee (max $100), and the dealer pays the $275 fee?
That is the basics from the customer end, only the beginning of the paperwork we get to do... ;)

RX8

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Partner website says Dealer invoice minus 0.4% of dealer invoice plus the $275 admin fee.......
To be clear, the $275 isn’t a fee you are going to see on the contract. The X-Plan price (and A/Z Plan price for the matter) is clearly stated on the dealer invoice. That $275 admin fee is already Included in the printed X-Plan price.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be clear, the $275 isn’t a fee you are going to see on the contract. The X-Plan price (and A/Z Plan price for the matter) is clearly stated on the dealer invoice. That $275 admin fee is already Included in the printed X-Plan price.
you will not see or pay it, internal advertising number for accounting.

RX8

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
you will not see or pay it, internal advertising number for accounting.
I don’t mean to be a pain. The good news is that the X-Plan price is clearly stated on the invoice so it is transparent to all buyers. The calculation for an X-Plan price has been previously posted here which is dealer invoice less .4% of invoice plus $275 so the customer is paying that admin fee because it is part of the X-Plan price.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t mean to be a pain. The good news is that the X-Plan price is clearly stated on the invoice so it is transparent to all buyers. The calculation for an X-Plan price has been previously posted here which is dealer invoice less .4% of invoice plus $275 so the customer is paying that admin fee because it is part of the X-Plan price.

There was a communication error and it was cleared up no 275 for the customer to be concerned with..

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 chevy silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I'm pretty new to all this and I reserved a 2-door big bend at my local dealer and havent heard anything from them at all. My dealer isnt listed in the other thread and I wanted to email them and ask like others have done on here but I really dont even know what questions I need to ask. Any advice?

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I'm pretty new to all this and I reserved a 2-door big bend at my local dealer and havent heard anything from them at all. My dealer isnt listed in the other thread and I wanted to email them and ask like others have done on here but I really dont even know what questions I need to ask. Any advice?
Pricing should be out soon(ish) it is Ford...

When you have all information...

• Go to your dealer(s)
  • Get them to give you a quote on it including all fees, taxes and titling..
  • If you have a trade in then get a rough idea as it will be some time before your Bronco arrives
  • If you want to finance ask the rates and terms - then check with a credit union/bank and see what they offer.
  • You will have or be able to figure what Granger Ford (us) are going to sell it to you for..
  • Compare prices of the vehicle only with fees (tax, title and license) will need to be added to my price as I do not know what your local fees are..

You then have until Oct 31 to make the final decision as to where you buy the Bronco

If you have further questions feel free to ask..

Sponsored

jasminekd

Big Bend
First Name
Jasmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

• Go to your dealer(s)
  • If you have a trade in then get a rough idea as it will be some time before your Bronco arrives
  • If you want to finance ask the rates and terms - then check with a credit union/bank and see what they offer.
  • You will have or be able to figure what Granger Ford (us) are going to sell it to you for..
  • Compare prices of the vehicle only with fees (tax, title and license) will need to be added to my price as I do not know what your local fees are..

You then have until Oct 31 to make the final decision as to where you buy the Bronco

Thank you for this breakdown! This helps a lot!!!!!!

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

• Go to your dealer(s)

Yeah, hardest part is cultivating patience of ANY kind waiting for price/build....then, mustering enough intestinal fortitude to wield Grainger offer with broad-sword skill against local dealer Orcs in effort to determine if they will exhibit any human decency. OR - skip all that prattle & just switch reservation to Graniger. The more time moves along like cool molasses the more I'm of the latter...
?

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, hardest part is cultivating patience of ANY kind waiting for price/build....then, mustering enough intestinal fortitude to wield Grainger offer with broad-sword skill against local dealer Orcs in effort to determine if they will exhibit any human decency. OR - skip all that prattle & just switch reservation to Graniger. The more time moves along like cool molasses the more I'm of the latter...
?
There's also something to be said for NOT having to suffer the type of ever-lasting nausea associated with being "slimed" by a rat car salesman (or any salesman in a major purchase), that queazy helpless feeling of being violated accompanied with some degree of buyers remorse that spoils the joy of said new purchase. It shouldn't be that way! So, sure - to fly out to grainger, some hotels, some gasoline....some extra expense. Getting to cruise home in that new Bronc, maybe your brother following in his, see some sights & know that you DIDN'T get slimed -- priceless!! (y) The new Bronco purchase isn't entirely about dollars & cents on paper, thank goodness for Grainger.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 chevy silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

• Go to your dealer(s)

Thank you so much! I really wish I could come to Granger you are awesome.

Edprem

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Granger Ford

It is now likely I will be switching my reservation to you even though I am in TX... but I have a question first.

Do you have dealer add-ons that are mandatory? The dealer I currently have my reservation with (Grapevine Ford in TX) has said there are two dealer add-ons. They are; window tint warranty and Improved anti-theft. I told them I didn’t want it. They said fine, we won’t put it on but you will still get charged. I told them if they were going to charge me for something I don’t want I would change my reservation. They said, “ok” and hung up on me.

Please lmk what your policy is on dealer add-ons. Thank
Sponsored