First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I do not know what the factors for the calculations, I will look at the New Explorer to get a rough idea for you as it is available and in the price structure...
I'm waiting for this as well since I'm eligible for Z-Plan pricing. While I know anything you can provide will only be an estimate, I appreciate any feedback that can help me determine what my actual final price might be.

Thanks...

ccameron511

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can someone please explain the concept of "Invoice Pricing" and how that may apply to my order? Or if it's only for certain circumstances, what is the criteria to get "Invoice Pricing."

I've only purchased used cars in the past, so any help here would be appreciated!

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can someone please explain the concept of "Invoice Pricing" and how that may apply to my order? Or if it's only for certain circumstances, what is the criteria to get "Invoice Pricing."

I've only purchased used cars in the past, so any help here would be appreciated!
Some dealers, such as Granger, have advertised in this forum of deals calculated relative to the “invoice” price of the vehicle and accessories, which is lower than MSRP. The deals are what is being referred to as “invoice” pricing.

New car pricing is complicated... but the 30 second lesson is:

The “Invoice Price” can be thought of as price the the dealer pays for the car... except because of reasons, like incentives, or rebates, or other magical car industry stuff, the actual net cost to the dealer may very well be less...

Then Ford corporate advertises MSRP, which is what‘s printed on the Window Sticker, and is higher than Invoice. This is basically a general “this is what the car is supposed to cost” amount that Joe Consumer can start with as a ball park of how much the vehicle is. MSRP would generally provide a nice profit for the dealer, and would be happy to sell it to you for that, but are usually expecting to negotiate down from that.

For vehicles that are in high demand / low supply, dealers may markup the cost above MSRP since thanks to capitalism, people would pay it. That’s referred to as “ADM.” Even though the Bronco isn’t a limited run, and Ford is going to make as many as possible, it’s still “limited availability” relative to the enormous demand. As a result many dealers are not ruling out ADM.

Some dealers charge MSRP and call it “straight shooting” and then offer maximum for your trade. Some dealers try to go for ADM figuring they will sell fewer cars, but get more profit at each sale. Some dealers decide to ”discount” their vehicles below MSRP and make up for the lower per-sale profits through volume or lower trade-in valuation.

And then there’s all the ways that dealers can make money that aren’t related to the sale price, such as through financing or trade-in values, etc... there are many ways to skin a cat....

Some buyers want a “great deal, ” some buyers want to get a ton for their trade-in, some only care about what the monthly payment is going to be.... all scenarios provide different ways for the dealer to make profit and keep their doors open and their lights on.

You have to ask yourself what type of experience is preferred by you, what your priorities are, and then find a dealer that can provide you that experience / service.

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is DIO?
“Dealer Installed Option”

There’s a thread in the forum about it. Basically you pay for accessories in the purchase price of the vehicle, but they are installed by the dealer prior to delivery. They get rolled into the cost, and the dealer is reimbursed by Ford Corporate for the work.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Tonight B&P goes live (fingers crossed) and I cannot answer all questions so please do not try...

Here is the simple factors so you can answer your own questions on the Invoice...

We do not have invoice pricing as of the posting of this thread 3:15PM CDT...

@North7 has a great spreadsheet on the pricing of the base vehicle... HERE Thank you for that!

When you do the B&P just use the chart above for the base vehicle, his Price Total column includes D&D (destination & delivery of $1,495)

When you figure what options that you want use a 0.94 factor to get to the invoice, while this is not exact it will be close enough until actual pricing is posted...

That means if you buy a 4 Door Badlands with the October $2000 under invoice special that number is $42,750 includes DOC and Transit Tag for Iowa...

Then you find the total options including DIO's that you add to it say $10,000 multiply it by .94 (which equates to 6% off) for a total of $ 9,400

Then you add $ 42,750 plus $ 9,400 for an invoice of $ 52,150...

Again this is a reasonable guess on the price not exact...

Please do not email me or call for an answer ask on this thread and others may chime in to assist also...

NADA Guides should have the invoice pricing up soon I would surmise as they had the F-150 and Bronco Sport just after B&P went live...

I have found that the only thing they are off by is the fuel cost, item on invoice only not the window sticker...

Thank you for doing your homework in advance! :) (y)

EDIT for B&P correction, thanks you all...
So you're saying MSRP is marked up by 6%?

I thought the general consensus was 3.5%?

Plus a more accurate way to calculate invoice is to take MSRP and divide by 1.06. (if 6% is markup). Your math is talking 6% off the MSRP, which is totally different math then marking up ?. But iaintmadatchya. ?

Thx for the info!

Reactions: DHC

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OMG they changed the entire Ford website around... this is going to go so bad tonight... so.... so.... bad :rolleyes:

Good thing I'll be sleeping, let me know how it goes peeps!
You and me both lol

ccameron511

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some dealers have advertised in this forum of deals relative to the “invoice” price of the vehicle and accessories, which is lower than MSRP. On top of that is ”ADM” which is dealer markup above MSRP.

The deals that are being offered relative to the invoice price are what is being referred to as “invoice” pricing.

New car pricing is complicated... but the 30 second lesson is: The “Invoice Price” is the price the car costs the dealer... except because of reasons, they pay less. Then Ford corporate advertises MSRP, which is higher than Invoice. This is basically a general “this is what the car costs” amount that Joe Consumer can think of as a ball park of what the vehicle costs. For vehicles that are in high demand / low supply, dealers may markup the cost above MSRP since thanks to capitalism, people would pay it. That’s referred to as “ADM.”

Some dealers charge MSRP and call it “straight shooting.” Some dealers go for ADM figuring they will sell fewer cars, but get more profit. Some dealers decide to ”discount” their vehicles below MSRP and make up for the lower per-sale profits through volume.

(And then there’s all the ways that dealers can make money through financing or trade-in values, etc... so many ways to skin a cat.... You have to ask yourself what type of experience is preferred by you, what your priorities are, and then find a dealer that can provide you that experience / service.)
Very very helpful, thanks for putting it in layman's terms. So, if I want to ensure the lowest price for my vehicle, I should find (and switch to) a dealer that has indicated they will charge invoice pricing for the Bronco>? I don't believe my current selected dealer has communicated anything around pricing to date.

Sponsored

KS1LE

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer Sport, 2017 SS1LE, 02 GTP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks Granger and best of luck to you Albert. I will wait a few days before contacting you. Thinking of moving my early reservation as well.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very very helpful, thanks for putting it in layman's terms. So, if I want to ensure the lowest price for my vehicle, I should find (and switch to) a dealer that has indicated they will charge invoice pricing for the Bronco>? I don't believe my current selected dealer has communicated anything around pricing to date.
The idea of buying new is to get it for the least amount possible, below invoice is relatively easy but some dealers will not play in holdback...We do ;)