Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My dealer here in SoCal seems a bit clueless, build and price dropped last night and the day before I emailed them asking about xplan, if they would be honoring anything below MSRP and they just replied "we're not sure if they will be allowing xplan or what the price will be" so my question is..... if 1,495 is the Designation and delivery charge factored into the build and price, would I be better off trying to order my bronco from Granger in Iowa? or just any out of state dealer for that matter?

I did the math and if I can manage a deal at invoice with my DIOC + grangers deal (1k under inv) + that 1496 DD charge, I am welllllll within my budget with my dioc extras. I am nNOT factoring in any other shipping costs since the DD IS that cost correct?? If this is the case I may just switch my reservation. I still want to give my local dealer a chance but they either want to keep in the dark, and im going to shock them with my approach, hopefully get my way; or they truly are clueless and I definitely do not want to pay MSRP should they try and play me into going that route
"Delivery" is to the dealership, not to you. You would need to pay for delivery from them to you, or fly out and drive home. That's what everyone else is doing, and the main reason for the group buys: to coordinate group shipping.
Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

"Delivery" is to the dealership, not to you. You would need to pay for delivery from them to you, or fly out and drive home. That's what everyone else is doing, and the main reason for the group buys: to coordinate group shipping.
just throwing this out there, not trying to be a debbie downer. Keep in mind Albert/Granger, us, or Ford for that matter, have zero clue when these are showing up at the dealer or even how close together they will arrive for group shipping situations. I keep thinking about these group shipping options and wonder, if my Bronco was sitting 5 hours away, would I be ok waiting 2 weeks, 4 weeks, or even 2 months for the group shipping to happen?

As a selfish prick... I know what my answer would be. I also know as not a selfish prick, I'd feel terrible if someone was waiting on their Bronco because mine wasn't sitting at Granger yet too.

Last edited:

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

just throwing this out there, not trying to be a debbie downer. Keep in mind Albert/Granger, us, or Ford for that matter, have zero clue when these are showing up at the dealer or even how close together they will arrive for group shipping situations. I keep thinking about these group shipping options and wonder, if my Bronco was sitting 5 hours away, would I be ok waiting 2 weeks, 4 weeks, or even 2 months for the group shipping to happen?

As a selfish prick... I know what my answer would be. I also know as not a selfish prick, I'd feel terrible if someone was waiting on their Bronco because mine was sitting at Granger yet too.
When we started, we were worried about that. As it stands, with so many Broncos heading this way, it's much less of an issue. We're going to fill a lot of trailers. And worst case, no one is locked into delivery, so if we have a long wait we can opt to fly to Iowa ($100), where Albert will pick us up in Des Moines, and then drive back. And if we have a trailer that isn't full, people can opt to split the cost for the empty slots to get their Bronco sooner.

Believe me, we had weeks of conversations about this before this thread was even started.

DNVRBronco3

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep patriot
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Gotcha, so that $1,495 cost is for the bronco to get from the manufacturer to the dealer of your choice as a firm fixed price? And IF I were to go out of state, I would need to pay that $1,495 regardless + shipping cost to my local dealer? If so then that must be the incentive to drive her back home and avoid all that, which I may do. Will look around here for a trip to Washington, Arizona, Nevada, or Oregon should it be feasible. Mayyyyyy go as far as texas if worth.

I vaguely remember reading what you said elsewhere here but was hoping that $1,495 was just like an "assumed" price for delivering the bronco from any dealer in the state, to your preferred dealer after purchase. Appreciate your response and thank you in advance for anymore info.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Gotcha, so that $1,495 cost is for the bronco to get from the manufacturer to the dealer of your choice as a firm fixed price? And IF I were to go out of state, I would need to pay that $1,495 regardless + shipping cost to my local dealer? If so then that must be the incentive to drive her back home and avoid all that, which I may do. Will look around here for a trip to Washington, Arizona, Nevada, or Oregon should it be feasible. Mayyyyyy go as far as texas if worth.

I vaguely remember reading what you said elsewhere here but was hoping that $1,495 was just like an "assumed" price for delivering the bronco from any dealer in the state, to your preferred dealer after purchase. Appreciate your response and thank you in advance for anymore info.
Yes on all accounts. We're not having ours shipped to a local dealership though, but to an undisclosed central location. Don't think my local dealership would be too happy to see how many millions of dollars in Broncos he let slip through his fingers because he didn't want to do a group deal with us locals :)

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When we started, we were worried about that. As it stands, with so many Broncos heading this way, it's much less of an issue. We're going to fill a lot of trailers. And worst case, no one is locked into delivery, so if we have a long wait we can opt to fly to Iowa ($100), where Albert will pick us up in Des Moines, and then drive back. And if we have a trailer that isn't full, people can opt to split the cost for the empty slots to get their Bronco sooner.

Believe me, we had weeks of conversations about this before this thread was even started.
Good to know. I just have a little cringe moment when I start thinking about these shipments I'm reading about. Good for you guys/gals taking advantage of this! I've said my peace, I'll refrain from bringing it back up.

Hank 615

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going with the same deal at Stephens, and by my calculation I'll be saving $3,208 off of MSRP. Build is Badlands 4 door, MIC hard top, Sasquatch, V6, High package, and storage bags. I can't describe my excitement at the opportunity you and the other invoice dealerships are giving the enthusiasts on this forum.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think a good formula for out the door pricing would be.

1603479718593.png

note that the small numbers are superscript footnotes and not an exponents
Wait. 1.0625? Why not just X the tax rate, in my case x 6.4?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because you are in CO and I am in TX. Take your tax rate divide by 100 then add one. 6.4% becomes a multiplier of 1.064
Sorry, blonde moment. Makes perfect sense, will calculate without having to move decimals and then add the tax back. Thanks.

Sponsored

rdperez9411

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 peronal (me and wife) 1 company
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

does this spreadsheet have grangers tax rate already on it? i cant figure that out. trying to maximize my budgeted monthly payment

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
does this spreadsheet have grangers tax rate already on it? i cant figure that out. trying to maximize my budgeted monthly payment
You will not be using an Iowa tax rate, you will use your states. Unless of course you’re in Iowa but I’m Colorado so I have no idea what that is.

rdperez9411

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 peronal (me and wife) 1 company
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You will not be using an Iowa tax rate, you will use your states. Unless of course you’re in Iowa but I’m Colorado so I have no idea what that is.
yes sir lol i understand that. do you know if the spreadsheet already has iowa's tax rate? i will be using texas rate. it's a 1.5 difference and if the spreadsheet has NO tax rate on it then i will redo my math, if it does then i dont have to lol

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yes sir lol i understand that. do you know if the spreadsheet already has iowa's tax rate? i will be using texas rate. it's a 1.5 difference and if the spreadsheet has NO tax rate on it then i will redo my math, if it does then i dont have to lol
Ahhh. Gotcha. There is no tax rate on that spreadsheet, straight rock bottom invoice pricing.
Sponsored