Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry if this has been asked, and I overlooked it, but how are the allocations being handled? I inquired with my current dealership to see if they would match your invoice offer, and was told they are not. They further stated that Granger would not be given the allocation to support their orders for 2-3 years. Since these are all built to order, I wouldn't think they would be affected by allocation limitations. If I can get some confirmation that my Bronco isn't going to be held up 2-3 years for switching dealerships, I may be making the switch.
You will likely also hear about an "allocation formula" in your searching of the forum. Plainly speaking, what you should expect is: The later your reservation is, the later you can expect to receive your Bronco.

Ford obviously can't produce all of the broncos at once, hell, they don't even think they will be able to meet the reservation order demand within MY21... and on top of that there are logistical hurdles in building and shipping vehicles, so they have to devise a way to determine which Broncos to make first and where they are sending them as they roll off the line. A lot of things play into that, but part of it is that if all things are equal, they would prefer to prioritize a shipment of Broncos to a market that has a higher percentage of SUV and Jeep sales, to get higher visibility of the Bronco and ultimately promote more sales.

What all that means is that while they are going to build Broncos in roughly reservation order, there will be some voodoo math that Ford is doing that will likely mean someone with a later reservation may get their Bronco delivered before you, in part because of what trim and options they ordered, what parts are available, and where they live or what market their dealer is in.

And all *that* is to say... us plebs have no way of knowing how the formulas will play out, certainly this early in the game before actual order conversions are made and tallied... so there's really no use trying to game the system at this point because we just don't know.

I made my dealer choice based on what the dealer was offering (in deals, experience, communication, etc), and that's why I chose Granger.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You will likely also hear about an "allocation formula" in your searching of the forum. Plainly speaking, what you should expect is: The later your reservation is, the later you can expect to receive your Bronco.

Ford obviously can't produce all of the broncos at once, hell, they don't even think they will be able to meet the reservation order demand within MY21... and on top of that there are logistical hurdles in building and shipping vehicles, so they have to devise a way to determine which Broncos to make first and where they are sending them as they roll off the line. A lot of things play into that, but part of it is that if all things are equal, they would prefer to prioritize a shipment of Broncos to a market that has a higher percentage of SUV and Jeep sales, to get higher visibility of the Bronco and ultimately promote more sales.

What all that means is that there will be some voodoo math that Ford is doing that could mean someone with a higher reservation number gets their Bronco delivered before you, because of where they live or what market their dealer is in.

And all *that* is to say... us plebs have no way of knowing how the formulas will play out, certainly this early in the game before actual order conversions are made and tallied... so there's really no use trying to game the system at this point because we just don't know.

I made my dealer choice based on what the dealer was offering (in deals, experience, communication, etc), and that's why I chose Granger.
Well explained. I won't be upset if I get my bronco later. Gives me more time to save for a bigger down payment

Dracheo

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit, Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What all that means is that while they are going to build Broncos in roughly reservation order, there will be some voodoo math that Ford is doing that will likely mean someone with a later reservation may get their Bronco delivered before you, in part because of what trim and options they ordered, what parts are available, and where they live or what market their dealer is in.

I'm not really trying to game the system, per se. I know they're not really going to be able to build to ship out reservations in exact order. I do want to get the best deal, possible though. The way my dealership was talking, it was like some of these other dealerships were getting penalized for taking too many orders. Almost like we're more on a waiting list to get what Ford allocates to them, which isn't the how I interpreted the process. I didn't want to switch to Granger, then have my Bronco delayed until 2023, because Ford was trying to punish them. Basically, it felt like a fear tactic to keep me from switching and I was looking for a little more insight into that. They've been nice enough up until that point, and had they just said "we're not going below MSRP" and left it at that, I'd probably stick with them. But when they threw out that line about allocations, it felt a little manipulative and I lost interest in dealing with them. My only hangup with Granger is the distance, which is definitely more of an unfortunate circumstance, than anything.

Draykas

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL rubicon, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Switched my reservation to Granger as they have tried to keep us informed and answer questions. I have lots of questions but sitting back with coffee and watching sun set it will all work out in due time. gives me time to work on mods to make it special... hhmmm 5 star tune maybe some mods to scare new 392 wrangler ....nah maybe lift kit from vendor that did my 2019 ranger and run 37's HMMM. Thanks @ Granger :)

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Granger Ford For someone thinking about putting in a new reservation today, are any of your discounts ($1,000 or $2,000) still available?

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack