First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What Added Paperwork and Hoops do we as California buyers have to do? Or is it just like buying from a California Dealership and then having it shipped?
I know this has been answered elsewhere as I have read it and it is thoroughly explained. In short, once the vehicle is in Calif, you will need to smog it then go to the DMV and pay sales tax and registration fees at which time they will hand you plates
Sponsored

BuddysB6g

Big Bend
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayenne
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Should have dealer pricing at or before B&P...

Yes we would be able to "finalize" the order... for price and options.

The actual Finalizing would be the actual order in December...

Travel when the Bronco is ready to be released from the Corral...ie we have it here at the dealership.

Hope this helps
THANKS

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No problem. What I really appreciate is easy, no hassle, above board when I purchase. If Granger was close I'd purchase in a heartbeat. I probably won't go out of Columbus to purchase. If someone was to buy from your dealership and have it shipped to them (Columbus ohio), what needs to happen? I've dealt with dealers and most aren't a pleasure to deal with. I'm basically looking to buy a base Bronco, and finance what my cash and trade don't cover. Being in Ohio, I'd love to just be able to go to Detroit and buy msrp from factory, have them finance it, and call it a day. But that's not happening. So, you seem legit and honest and not looking to gouge a client. So yeah, if you shipped to Columbus I'd be interested in hearing more about it. I'm sure others would as well. Hopefully this makes sense, if not I can clarify further. Thanks!

Edit, could be its own thread, I don't want to take away from granger titled thread. I dunno if it matters, it's all info...
I, out of respect for another dealership would prefer a new thread if you do not mind. I just don't want to hop on someone else's train and high jack their passengers.

I have done off site deliveries to Ohio. You're not that far. It can be made simple, honest, and without pressure. I always tell anyone, even if you are not purchasing from me, I will help guide and explain how this should work.

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think they require you to finance through them though right? Does Granger require that too?
Granger doesn't, but even if they did, a refinance a week later is not really a big deal. I once had a dealer tell me I had to finance through them to get a price. I said, "no problem!" In the finance office, my wife said something to me about the high rate. I said, "It's no big deal, we're going to refinance next week." That got everyone's attention. I ended up getting a great rate and didn't need to refinance after all. lol

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I, out of respect for another dealership would prefer a new thread if you do not mind. I just don't want to hop on someone else's train and high jack their passengers.

I have done off site deliveries to Ohio. You're not that far. It can be made simple, honest, and without pressure. I always tell anyone, even if you are not purchasing from me, I will help guide and explain how this should work.
I'll do that(tomorrow if no one else does) . I'm interested in how that would work. Thank you

Sponsored

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll do that(tomorrow if no one else does) . I'm interested in how that would work. Thank you
I will begin a thread shortly. Just had dental surgery today. So nothing else for me to do right now.....

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I really appreciate everything you are doing on this forum,and wish I could take advantage of the offers you have made available. Even referring to another worthy dealer. Thank you very much
Thanks @Granger Ford for the recommendation!

Mark, I'd be glad to take a few minutes to talk your situation through with you if you wanted. I might be able to share some advice that will help you purchase at your local dealership, otherwise, I could be talked into throwing a California Burrito in with your Bronco if you wanted to do business with us. Feel free to DM me!

Eric Bunch
Internet Director
Kearny Mesa Ford
858-560-5544 ext 1013

Last edited:

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Touareg, ā€˜10 Jetta, ā€˜07 Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mark, I'd be glad to take a few minutes to talk your situation through with you if you wanted. I might be able to share some advise that will help you purchase at your local dealership, otherwise I could be talked into throwing a California Burrito in with your Bronco if you wanted to do business with us. Feel free to DM me!

Eric Bunch
Internet Director
Kearny Mesa Ford
858-560-5544 ext 1013
Bronco ride through the Gaslamp sounds pretty good For those in Cali.

Mdemieville

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lincoln MKZ hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mark, I'd be glad to take a few minutes to talk your situation through with you if you wanted. I might be able to share some advise that will help you purchase at your local dealership, otherwise I could be talked into throwing a California Burrito in with your Bronco if you wanted to do business with us. Feel free to DM me!

Eric Bunch
Internet Director
Kearny Mesa Ford
858-560-5544 ext 1013
Eric, thank you. I might very well take you up on your offer. Ill probably send you a dm in the morning as I'm at work till 11 tonight. Thank you and Granger Ford

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is very interesting indeed. My dealer will do X-plan which I believe is 0.4% back of Invoice. That's still about only about $750 more then this dealer but they will also include a free lifetime Power Train warranty. That plus the price of airfare, hotel and other expenses kinda makes me think of just staying local. Decisions....decisions....
Lifetime powertrain warranty?? Sounds too good to be true. Do they require you to bring in your vehicle for service 12 times a year on the sixth Monday of every month? :rolleyes:

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lifetime powertrain warranty?? Sounds too good to be true. Do they require you to bring in your vehicle for service 12 times a year on the sixth Monday of every month? :rolleyes:
I can just imagine the warranty checklist used by the claims adjuster:

1. Check underside of factory bash plates.

a. If scratches are present, reject claim.
b. Otherwise, continue to Item 2.

2. Check suspension system underneath vehicle.

a. If lift kit has been installed, reject claim.
b. Otherwise, continue to item 3.

3. Check out ownerā€™s spouse.

a. If ownerā€™s spouse is hot, continue to Item 4...

NateL

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F250 2014 Ford Escape 1947 Ford PU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can just imagine the warranty checklist used by the claims adjuster:

1. Check underside of factory bash plates.

a. If scratches are present, reject claim.
b. Otherwise, continue to Item 2.

2. Check suspension system underneath vehicle.

a. If lift kit has been installed, reject claim.
b. Otherwise, continue to item 3.

3. Check out ownerā€™s spouse.

a. If ownerā€™s spouse is hot, continue to Item 4...
if itā€™s lifetime power train, typically you just need to perform all fluid services at dealership when they tell you too. Oil changes, tranny flushes, diff changes etc... something as simple as going over oil change mileage can void the warranty.

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, most of these lifetime warranties dealerships offer for ā€œfreeā€ are really near useless. Go over on an oil change one time, sorry denied. Transmission, seals and clutches not covered. They donā€™t sell extended warranties for thousands and give away anything for lifetime if they arenā€˜t confident that you are paying in the end. Really, itā€™s about getting people in their service department.

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if itā€™s lifetime power train, typically you just need to perform all fluid services at dealership when they tell you too. Oil changes, tranny flushes, diff changes etc... something as simple as going over oil change mileage can void the warranty.
Some dealers do require that but others just require you to document your maintenance if you do it yourself. I know Granger stated that they offer this as well but they do require you to perform all recommended services with them. I'm not sure if my local dealer requires this but either way it's not a huge decision maker for me.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Some dealers do require that but others just require you to document your maintenance if you do it yourself. I know Granger stated that they offer this as well but they do require you to perform all recommended services with them. I'm not sure if my local dealer requires this but either way it's not a huge decision maker for me.
That seems to be in possible direct violation of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, a Federal Law that involves consumer product warranties.
Sponsored