Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Bronc-O Concerns:
  • Transportation damage is very common and when it happens, nobody is going to want to take the blame.
  • Dealer will say it was perfect could possibly have missed something and blame the shipping company.
  • Shipping company will want to blame the dealer.
Granger Answer:

GRANGER FORD policy
  • We will inspect the vehicles, they will not leave our possession with damage of any kind...
  • When they arrive, you get to inspect it at delivery...
  • Any differences are on the trucking firm... you will contact us and let us know so we can handle the trucking firm.
  • We will only use bonded and insured shippers so that if there are problems we have someone to fall back on...
  • At the same time we are going to handle the situation so you the customer, do not have to wait for the money to fix it.**
@ct1975 Thoughts and question
  • I have purchased a fair number of new vehicles and understand there will always be damage.
  • I am very particular about my vehicles and inspect them very closely before taking delivery (I consider damage to be scratches to wheels, paint, indentions or scrapes to plastic panels on exterior or interior).
  • Even with this initial inspection, it’s inevitable that there will be imperfections, scratches, etc.
  • Most of which come from the the dealer “detailing” (washing and drying with who knows what) prior to delivery to the customer (me).
  • How is Granger planning to prevent damage during PDI/cleaning/detailing prior to the customer driving the Bronco off the lot?
Granger Answer:
  • We have plenty of years experience doing it...
  • Remember we do not build them, just deliver them...
@bbqbronco thoughts on the subject
  • He mentioned it's possible to request no PDI, which is something I always ask. Sometimes dealers forget. :)
  • I assume no damage means no obvious deep scratches, cuts, or dents.
  • But hey if you're a detailing nut like I am it's not a big deal since you're going to correct the paint. Even largely defect free areas can benefit from a prep product like CarPro Essence prior to coating.
Granger Reply:
  • No it will be PDI.
  • Ford requires that a mechanic look the car over, road test it and check all fluids prior to delivery...
  • We can leave the plastic in it and not unwrap the vehicle..that is the customers option...
  • Our detailers are very good at what they do...if you do have it completed prior to delivery which is what we prefer..
  • I do detail my own vehicles so that I get the opportunity to inspect every inch as I process the paint prior to sealing it...
@Bronc-O
  • That brings up another issue.
  • If the vehicle arrives very dirty and no PDI, it could hide some damage.
  • Who takes the blame then?
  • Here in Arizona, we have big dust storms this time of year that can leave cars looking like they were just pulled out of a swamp.
Granger Response:
  • We will rise and look it over prior to shipping trucking company will insist on this...
  • As stated above, if it arrives damaged from us
    • The owner need to contact us
    • We will handle the problem
    • We will get reimbursed by the insured and bonded trucking company...
Thoughts that have not been asked on the original thread.
  • If you decide that you want the Bronco being shipped to you factory wrapped i.e. not processed in detail..
    • We will rinse the car off so the trucker will be able to inspect the Bronco
    • You ill be responsible for taking the plastic and detailing the Bronco when it arrives
    • It will have a full tank of fuel and the miles will be sent to the customer prior to it being placed on the truck.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for everything your dealership is doing for the community. These kind of things help us ensure we are informed.
Not a problem, thanks really goes to Zach for letting me do this for the store...

Jerseyborn

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Nissan Maxima
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not a problem, thanks really goes to Zach for letting me do this for the store...
I may have missed this in a previous post of yours. What is the average shipping charge to get the vehicle to say NJ or tri-state area?

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I may have missed this in a previous post of yours. What is the average shipping charge to get the vehicle to say NJ or tri-state area?
The quotes I have been getting are in the 1300 to 1500 range.
Sponsored