Brandt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like everyone else Im excited to order even though I will surely be an MY22 with an October 1st Granger reservation. I have exchanged a couple emails with Albert @Granger Ford but have not received an answer to this question. I haven't bugged him because I know he is swamped. I figured it was worth checking in to see if any other granger reservation holders may have asked him a similar question as the response will impact my build. Granger has asked us to submit final builds and would love to not have to make changes when they call to confirm.

I will be ordering a Badland, MT, 2.3, mid package with MIC and roof rails. Im torn between the stock, optional wheels or going aftermarket (maybe Fifteen52 Traverse). Has anyone asked Granger about "buy backs" for stock rim take offs? Getting something back for the stocks would make it easier to digest dropping change on an aftermarket alternative.

I know there are lots of lower trim users on the forums who have expressed interest in Badlands stock rims but given the dynamic nature of delivery timing it seems coordinating that might be more headache than it's worth. If Granger could handle these transactions it would make it easier. The alternative would be to just get the optional wheels. Any thoughts- what are others planning?
Sponsored

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Like everyone else Im excited to order even though I will surely be an MY22 with an October 1st Granger reservation. I have exchanged a couple emails with Albert @Granger Ford but have not received an answer to this question. I haven't bugged him because I know he is swamped. I figured it was worth checking in to see if any other granger reservation holders may have asked him a similar question as the response will impact my build. Granger has asked us to submit final builds and would love to not have to make changes when they call to confirm.

I will be ordering a Badland, MT, 2.3, mid package with MIC and roof rails. Im torn between the stock, optional wheels or going aftermarket (maybe Fifteen52 Traverse). Has anyone asked Granger about "buy backs" for stock rim take offs? Getting something back for the stocks would make it easier to digest dropping change on an aftermarket alternative.

I know there are lots of lower trim users on the forums who have expressed interest in Badlands stock rims but given the dynamic nature of delivery timing it seems coordinating that might be more headache than it's worth. If Granger could handle these transactions it would make it easier. The alternative would be to just get the optional wheels. Any thoughts- what are others planning?
Check with them when your October Bronco is delivered in 2023.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are you going to have a new wheel and tire setup shipped to granger so they can swap them at pick up time? Not sure how this would even logistically work.

If I was Granger this request would be a hard pass. Maybe if they could give you .10 on the dollar. They would need to rent space and monkey with trying to move the take offs.

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have actually expressed interest in these wheels. I too am an October reservation holder at granger. my Plan is to go with an OBX Sas. Does anyone know if the badlands wheel can work on the 35” tires or are they not wide enough?

OP
OP
mr. snuffleupagus

mr. snuffleupagus

Badlands
First Name
Brandt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you going to have a new wheel and tire setup shipped to granger so they can swap them at pick up time? Not sure how this would even logistically work.

If I was Granger this request would be a hard pass. Maybe if they could give you .10 on the dollar. They would need to rent space and monkey with trying to move the take offs.
I completely agree and this would be how I would expect them to respond. There was another thread however that mentioned that Granger was an authorized Fuel distributor so if they offer other aftermarket wheels it would minimize the complications. I'm fine either way just hoping someone may have asked this specific question so I can build accordingly.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mr. snuffleupagus

mr. snuffleupagus

Badlands
First Name
Brandt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have actually expressed interest in these wheels. I too am an October reservation holder at granger. my Plan is to go with an OBX Sas. Does anyone know if the badlands wheel can work on the 35” tires or are they not wide enough?
I have seen in other threads people saying "yes" the stock Badland wheels could accommodate 35" tires but someone with more knowledge would need to confirm. I thought the stock rims were 8" but maybe they are 8.5"

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have seen in other threads people saying "yes" the stock Badland wheels could accommodate 35" tires but someone with more knowledge would need to confirm. I thought the stock rims were 8" but maybe they are 8.5"
save my contact info. I m interested. If granger is willing to hold them for us, I’m sure we may be able to work something out. My reservation was one of their very last ones on 10/31 sooo in theory, your vehicle would come in earlier than mine

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My reservation is also Oct 31 at Granger ?

Im getting a Base and I am interested in wheels from other trims.

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here are my thoughts. If they would "love" for you to submit your final build without all of the information you require and would be perturbed if you change it, then dealing with your take-off wheels is probably going to be way too much of a hassle for them. Just a guess...

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

35" tires can be installed on 8" or 8.5" width wheels, but that usually isn't the issue. The primary issue is the wheel offset which affects whether the tire will have clearance when turning. Spacers can be purchased, but they could be a weak point.

OP
OP
mr. snuffleupagus

mr. snuffleupagus

Badlands
First Name
Brandt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here are my thoughts. If they would "love" for you to submit your final build without all of the information you require and would be perturbed if you change it, then dealing with your take-off wheels is probably going to be way too much of a hassle for them. Just a guess...
Granger has been amazing to work with and I suspect minor changes won't be an issue. Im sure they dont want trim changes or door changes. I suspect they want "final" builds/ orders submitted to get their final allocation formula sorted out. Either way both they and Ford have made clear they will allow changes up until the build is scheduled with the factory. Moreover, as an MY22 I suspect I'll be resubmitting regardless new colors and options become available in the new B&P
Sponsored