Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Where did you get a quote for $850 shipping? Is that enclosed?

I am pretty much still hedging my bets until the configuration tool is out and we get more details on plans and what can be used.

I have 1 very early reservation that's still at "undisclosed dealer" I am going to transfer and I have my second morning reservation at Granger. I am doing this because I am not sure what you said above is true. Meaning Granger + shipping will be cheaper than local on xplan.
That $850 is a quote that I received from a shipper that has shipped a couple of vehicles for me already over the past 6 years. Lepke Auto Transport and I don't believe they show up in the get-a-quote from a bunch of shippers site. If he's able to ship more that one truck, then he said about a $50 discount be truck shipped. Hoping that can happen .....

With things in flux in every direction, I am just going to move my reservation to Granger and get some peace of mind. If my local dealerships didn't want to reach out, or step up to the plate, then that is there loss in how they conduct business.
Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where did you get a quote for $850 shipping? Is that enclosed?

I am pretty much still hedging my bets until the configuration tool is out and we get more details on plans and what can be used.

I have 1 very early reservation that's still at "undisclosed dealer" I am going to transfer and I have my second morning reservation at Granger. I am doing this because I am not sure what you said above is true. Meaning Granger + shipping will be cheaper than local on xplan.
Unless your dealership will go 1300 back of invoice we will beat them every day even spending 1000 to ship. Xplan is above invoice not below. We just use the flat pat t the customers advantage

OP
OP
Dmk08

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That $850 is a quote that I received from a shipper that has shipped a couple of vehicles for me already over the past 6 years. Lepke Auto Transport and I don't believe they show up in the get-a-quote from a bunch of shippers site. If he's able to ship more that one truck, then he said about a $50 discount be truck shipped. Hoping that can happen .....

With things in flux in every direction, I am just going to move my reservation to Granger and get some peace of mind. If my local dealerships didn't want to reach out, or step up to the plate, then that is there loss in how they conduct business.
I also read somewhere that Granger will give an extra $300 or something if you have X Plan. That could definitely help the cost sheet.

I just wish there was a way to ship directly to GA even if I have to pay for it. I am more worried about getting a ding on the 2nd transport down than anything. If anything happens from the factory to Granger that is Fords issue. Once its on a 3rd party carrier heading south its on you.

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Unless your dealership will go 1300 back of invoice we will beat them every day even spending 1000 to ship. Xplan is above invoice not below. We just use the flat pat t the customers advantage
That's a big "IF" for me and won't hold my breath, however, I will hold my second reservation ?

Last edited:

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's a big "if" to
I also read somewhere that Granger will give an extra $300 or something if you have X Plan. That could definitely help the cost sheet.

I just wish there was a way to ship directly to GA even if I have to pay for it. I am more worried about getting a ding on the 2nd transport down than anything. If anything happens from the factory to Granger that is Fords issue. Once its on a 3rd party carrier heading south its on you.
Yes, the cost sheet has been updated since over the weekend. True about the shipment down, but the carrier is insured, so that will be easily covered if so. Like I mentioned, I've had two vehicles shipped already, and had no issues at all. Heck, what's to stop the truck getting a ding while driving home with it since it's lower to the ground?? Not to mention the miles put on and now much closer to your end of warranty? What if you don't break in the engine properly on the way down over that distance?? I'm more worried about those issues personally.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dmk08

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a big "if" to

Yes, the cost sheet has been updated since over the weekend. True about the shipment down, but the carrier is insured, so that will be easily covered if so. Like I mentioned, I've had two vehicles shipped already, and had no issues at all. Heck, what's to stop the truck getting a ding while driving home with it since it's lower to the ground?? Not to mention the miles put on and now much closer to your end of warranty? What if you don't break in the engine properly on the way down over that distance?? I'm more worried about those issues personally.
PPF? :)

On a serious note tho.. I have said it before.. I really want to use Granger and I hope it all works out. Albert and the team have been great and I have one reservation there. Just a little gun shy to move my other as I know it's a "one time thing" and a lot of info to still come out.

OP
OP
Dmk08

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Albert this comment. Since X Plan is "Invoice minus .4%".

theguda

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am Mike Levine correct in the statement ? however let me clarify it here and now.

It is 4 tenths less but when you add the 275 it takes it over invoice on almost all vehicles.

Better?
Just to clarify...using the spreadsheet posted on this forum a 4 Door Black Diamond X Plan price is $38,917. The cost for the same vehicle using X Plan the Granger's $1000 below invoice price shows $37,491. So the difference is $1426..but then I'd have the cost to ship the Bronco from Iowa to my location which it sounds like will be at least about $900. So the effective cost difference is about $500 or so. Is that how you see it or am I missing anything?

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just to clarify...using the spreadsheet posted on this forum a 4 Door Black Diamond X Plan price is $38,917. The cost for the same vehicle using X Plan the Granger's $1000 below invoice price shows $37,491. So the difference is $1426..but then I'd have the cost to ship the Bronco from Iowa to my location which it sounds like will be at least about $900. So the effective cost difference is about $500 or so. Is that how you see it or am I missing anything?
From the shipping quote I received .... it's $850 from Granger to me here in Georgia. I know IN is much closer, like, half the distance or so? So shipping should be less than what I managed to quoted. Maybe $650 or so??

Sponsored

theguda

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From the shipping quote I received .... it's $850 from Granger to me here in Georgia. I know IN is much closer, like, half the distance or so? So shipping should be lest than when I managed to quoted. Maybe $650 or so??
Now you're talking! I'm a big "buy local" proponent but I can't leave almost a grand or more on the table

OP
OP
Dmk08

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now you're talking! I'm a big "buy local" proponent but I can't leave almost a grand or more on the table
I am too but not with Atlanta car dealers. Most of them are owned by big national providers like Sonic or Penske.

I feel good just because Im buying American again after my last 6-7 cars were BMWs and Toyotas.

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I hear ya, but at the end of the day, my money is my money ... even if it's $200 saved! But also note, you will still be giving the local business there your business for service for years to come ... so there's that ;)

mkhutch

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GMC Sierra, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My reservation dealer, Legacy in McDonough, finally reached out after what 3 weeks or so when i put the reservation in. I asked them about pricing, not much info. Told them about Grangers price, oh we will match, let me get 100% confirmation. Communication has gone silent again. Oh well. Looks like I'm definitely swapping to Granger. If we are fortunate enough to land there at same time and save a few bucks, yay, if would be worth it no matter what compared to MSRP etc

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My reservation dealer, Legacy in McDonough, finally reached out after what 3 weeks or so when i put the reservation in. I asked them about pricing, not much info. Told them about Grangers price, oh we will match, let me get 100% confirmation. Communication has gone silent again. Oh well. Looks like I'm definitely swapping to Granger. If we are fortunate enough to land there at same time and save a few bucks, yay, if would be worth it no matter what compared to MSRP etc
Are you looking to have it shipped down? Also, Dmk08 started a Georgia Broncos Club within Bronco6G. Look for the tab "Clubs" along the header of the site. Maybe within there could help with future coordinating with shipments and shippers.
Sponsored