Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A pox on you. Have you repented yet?
Ford Bronco Great experience at Autonation Ford in Bellevue royalWe

You don't wanna know what I had to promise to get a guy's ADM on a Lightning down to $750 and forget the tire kickers who wanted a Thunderbird the day they hit the lot. I don't feel bad for them, because they agreed to it and they all made gobs of money.
Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This has been clearly covered here, you are under no obligation or requirement to convert a reservation now if you want a model year 22. Tell your dealer you want a '22 and your reservation will follow you. You will place your order once the '22 ordering option opens.
Yes, I know, and that's what I've done.

I just find the idea of putting in one order, getting pushed back, and then ordering something completely different, a bizarre situation. One that many people might be in.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, I know, and that's what I've done.

I just find the idea of putting in one order, getting pushed back, and then ordering something completely different, a bizarre situation. One that many people might be in.
Curious as to why it is bizarre. Annoying yes but bizarre?

OP
OP
ElJeffe

ElJeffe

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeff.henshaw.org
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1250RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
UPDATED:

After leaving the dealership expecting to wait until MY22 orders open up, I received an email from Ford confirming that my order had been placed. That was a surprise given my original post!

I called the sales guy and got some news: The confusing codes that they were getting back when trying to order late-availability items were figured out. It was happening to a lot of customers, so they called Ford directly to resolve. Ford apparently explained how to push the order through as a MY21 order despite the entry form giving them problems on L-A items.

They succeeded in doing that, so my order is placed. Out of an abundance of caution, I asked to get an email copy of the complete build sheet. I received it shortly after, with a request to sign it and send it back, which I did.

The build sheet has no commitment to buy. It shows MSRP, but I'm signing a form without even a signature field. They confirm that it's just an acknowledgement that the order is accurate; there is no language committing to anything on it.

So I'm happy. I have a MY21 order in, the build I want, no additional deposit required ($100 refundable remains in) and a written confirmation of my discounted price. This'll still be a MY22 because I'm a late reservation and a popular configuration, but at least we know that the dealer figured out how to submit and wan't being nefarious. At least not in any obvious way.

Jeff

NeoS281

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I posted a few weeks back that I had a good experience with Josh, the sales manager at Autonation Ford in Bellevue. I moved my reservation there based upon that experience and on them offering the best price that I could find.

On Saturday, I got an email and a phone call from the salesman who was ready to convert my reservation to an factory order . We set up a time (10:00 am) today to do it. I got an email confirmation of the appointment and a calendar invitation, which was nice. They have their act together when it comes to customer service and using technology.

I arrived this morning and met Chris, my sales guy (pictured). Chris and I built out my Badlands on the same Build & Price tool that we've all used. I had a few questions about tire sizes and practical driving with them. Chris asked one of the other staff, Mike, to join us because Mike has a lot of experience in building out custom rigs, off-roading, and more. He was super knowledgeable and had the info I needed. These guys also have their own Bronco orders in, so everyone is pretty excited to chat about what they're building and why.

Ford Bronco Great experience at Autonation Ford in Bellevue royalWe
I shared this post with Chris while I was at the dealership this morning placing my order. He was grateful for the recognition.

Also had a great experience at Autonation Bellevue. Brandon was easy to work with and was very knowledgeable on the Bronco.

earth4mark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've also moved my reservation to AutoNation Bellevue today so that I can work with Chris. I had a good conversation with him yesterday, and I look forward to placing my order.
Sponsored