Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeff.henshaw.org
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1250RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is that pricing agreement documentation called a DORA?
I'm not sure but will see if I can find out. I've just asked the dealership again to confirm how the build-approval and written quotes are expected to work, just so I have all of my ducks in a row.

I imagine this is important to a lot of people!
Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As they tried to enter it, WBDO reportedly would not let the dual-top with painted black hard top be entered as a MY21 build. It has to be entered later as a MY22 once that opens up. One other customer at the dealership at the same time had the same experience.

I don't know the inner workings of WBDO so I can't comment on the exact flow it used -- just what was described to me as it happened.
At the same dealership? It's early on in the ordering window and I would think that something is up or the WBDO is not entirely accurate yet, i.e. some MY21 options cannot be entered right now. People were having issues with FEs not being able to be entered, but they're not going to be MY22s.

Worst case - They're pushing orders to MY22 via lies in order to get their 20% to sell with ADM, but the world is all sunshine and rainbows, right?

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Build sheets from Ford will never show anything other than MSRP. Dealers don't impact build sheet pricing. They enter the option codes, and get a build confirmation back out.

If the dealer discounts a vehicle, that discount would be written into their sale agreement with the customer. Had my build gone in today, I would have signed off on the accuracy of the build.

If they had asked for a purchase commitment to a price, I would have insisted that the discount be reflected in that purchase agreement.

If people are expecting build sheets to reflect discounts, they are going to be disappointed.
That's fine man. Wasn't looking for an education here. I originally thought you were happy with MSRP based on how you worded your first post.

Then you clarified that this did not mean you were paying MSRP. That's cool too.

I guess if it were me (which it isn't obviously) I would've posted something like... Had a good experience with my dealer, worked out a price I like. End of story. That way I wouldn't have people coming in here asking if I were happy with MSRP. But that's just me.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm not sure but will see if I can find out. I've just asked the dealership again to confirm how the build-approval and written quotes are expected to work, just so I have all of my ducks in a row.

I imagine this is important to a lot of people!
I think the clarification comes in the understanding that a dealership buys a vehicle from Ford and the purchaser buys a vehicle from a dealership. They are two distinct and different deals and neither touches the other.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is that pricing agreement documentation called a DORA?
From another forum that explains it as I would:

" The V.O.C. shows that an order for the vehicle has been entered in the system, nothing more. A priced DORA is a commitment from Ford to build the vehicle, exactly how it's going to be built (which could be different from what's shown on the V.O.C.), and at the exact price. A dealer should always check the DORA against the VOC to make sure they're the same. It can take some time to get a DORA if the vehicle is hard to get, but usually we have them within a week. I rarely give a copy of a DORA to a customer, because 99% of the time it matches the VOC, and I don't see the need to add just one more piece of redundant paperwork. But if a customer wants a copy of it, not a problem. If you're stuck working with a dealer that's "not the best," or if your salesperson is a green pea, then a copy of the DORA is definitely a good idea. "

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/204577-what-is-a-priced-d-o-r-a.html

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the clarification comes in the understanding that a dealership buys a vehicle from Ford and the purchaser buys a vehicle from a dealership. They are two distinct and different deals and neither touches the other.
Except in KY. They touch in Kentucky.

OP
OP
ElJeffe

ElJeffe

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeff.henshaw.org
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1250RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At the same dealership? It's early on in the ordering window and I would think that something is up or the WBDO is not entirely accurate yet, i.e. some MY21 options cannot be entered right now. People were having issues with FEs not being able to be entered, but they're not going to be MY22s.

Worst case - They're pushing orders to MY22 via lies in order to get their 20% to sell with ADM, but the world is all sunshine and rainbows, right?
Yes, two people wanting dual tops / black painted top. It was the 3rd case at the dealership who has been taking orders all weekend, basically nonstop from what I saw.

I suppose it is possible that they are lying about being able to get me a MY21 to push me to 22. I was leaning toward a MY22 anyway, so the outcome is one I am fine with as long as I get the committed pricing. But it'd be one of the first times I have ever seen a dealership send someone away when they could have had an earlier sale, regardless of interest level in the vehicle.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

From another forum that explains it as I would:

" The V.O.C. shows that an order for the vehicle has been entered in the system, nothing more. A priced DORA is a commitment from Ford to build the vehicle, exactly how it's going to be built (which could be different from what's shown on the V.O.C.), and at the exact price. A dealer should always check the DORA against the VOC to make sure they're the same. It can take some time to get a DORA if the vehicle is hard to get, but usually we have them within a week. I rarely give a copy of a DORA to a customer, because 99% of the time it matches the VOC, and I don't see the need to add just one more piece of redundant paperwork. But if a customer wants a copy of it, not a problem. If you're stuck working with a dealer that's "not the best," or if your salesperson is a green pea, then a copy of the DORA is definitely a good idea. "

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/204577-what-is-a-priced-d-o-r-a.html
I was scared before reading because --------- that's a lot of words.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But it'd be one of the first times I have ever seen a dealership send someone away when they could have had an earlier sale, regardless of interest level in the vehicle.
Awesome that you're cool with it; I wouldn't be. I sold cars years ago and we definitely pushed people out that weren't going to pay an ADM.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The process is bizarre to me. I'm a fairly early res holder, but am not confident about which build I want, so I'm waiting for 2022 ordering to open. The salesman had told me (before he knew I switched dealers) that even though I wanted 2022, I should put my order in now anyway.

So here's a situation where I maybe put in an order for an Orange Lux Squatched Badlands with Modular top, and then when I get pushed to 2022, I come back into the dealership later and change my order to a Boxwood Green non-squatched Outer Banks with MIC top?

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Awesome that you're cool with it; I wouldn't be. I sold cars years ago and we definitely pushed people out that weren't going to pay an ADM.
A pox on you. Have you repented yet?

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The process is bizarre to me. I'm a fairly early res holder, but am not confident about which build I want, so I'm waiting for 2022 ordering to open. The salesman had told me (before he knew I switched dealers) that even though I wanted 2022, I should put my order in now anyway.

So here's a situation where I maybe put in an order for an Orange Lux Squatched Badlands with Modular top, and then when I get pushed to 2022, I come back into the dealership later and change my order to a Boxwood Green non-squatched Outer Banks with MIC top?
This has been clearly covered here, you are under no obligation or requirement to convert a reservation now if you want a model year 22. Tell your dealer you want a '22 and your reservation will follow you. You will place your order once the '22 ordering option opens.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Except in KY. They touch in Kentucky.
Have not been able to find how this "touching" works for KY. However, this was an interesting find and would relate to anyone who has been told that they have to buy glass etching or some other accessory not manufacturer-installed... (this is only within KY)

XVIII. PROHIBITED ACTS, NEW MOTOR VEHICLE DEALERS A new motor vehicle dealer’s license may be suspended or revoked for: A. Requiring the purchaser of a motor vehicle, as a condition of sale or delivery thereof, to also purchase special features, appliances or accessories or equipment not desired by the purchaser, unless such features, etc., are ordinarily installed on the vehicle by the manufacturer of the vehicle when acquired by the dealer. B. Advertising, displaying, representing or selling as new any vehicle which has been operated for demonstration purposes, or which is otherwise a used motor vehicle. C. Selling or offering for sale as a new or unused vehicle any vehicle for which he cannot secure for the purchaser such new car warranty as the vehicle’s manufacturer offers, unless that fact is communicated to the purchaser, and is disclosed prominently in writing. D. Using false or fraudulent representations in connection with the operation of the new motor vehicle dealership. E. Transferring a new motor vehicle with a manufacturer’s statement of origin to another dealer who does not have either a valid sales and service agreement or franchise from the particular line make manufacturer.

OP
OP
ElJeffe

ElJeffe

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeff.henshaw.org
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1250RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This has been clearly covered here, you are under no obligation or requirement to convert a reservation now if you want a model year 22. Tell your dealer you want a '22 and your reservation will follow you. You will place your order once the '22 ordering option opens.
That's where my dealer visit this morning netted out. My understanding matches yours. I'm very happy to be getting a 22. I would have anyway, given my late reservation.

Thanks!

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for sharing your positive experience!!!!
Sponsored