First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am new to off roading and I hope to get my (and my family’s) feet wet this summer. There aren’t a lot of place to go in northern IL so we haven’t had a chance yet.

I plan on going to Utah and Colorado with the Bronco in the next few years. Side bar: I really want to do the Rodeo in Moab to learn some techniques, but that isn’t on the horizon any time soon.

This summer we are heading to Great Smokey Mountains National Park and I was curious if there are any cool trails at the beginner level in the area that any of you could point me in the direction of. Thanks in advance
Sponsored

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TN_Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look up windrock park in Oliver springs when you get here. It’s about an hour and a half or so from the gatlinburg pigeon forge area. They have trails from beginner to extreme and plenty of scenery to take in while riding around.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There isn't really much in the way of actual off-road trail's, but there are a few primative roads that you probably wouldn't want to take a car down and are quite scenic as well. Parsons Branch as mentioned, Mt Sterling Road/Old Cataloochee turnpike, Balsam Mountain road. The Greenbrier entrance is an old jeep road. You can only drive part of it, the rest is part of the Ramsey Cascades hike, but it's a nice drive to the trailhead.

Sponsored

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Chicagolands Bronco FB group is going to Badlands off road park next Saturday if you're available.

I'm from East Tennessee and family still lives there. There are no real off road trails inside the Park itself. Nemo Tunnel, Hurricane Creek Trail, and Horse creek trail are some that I've done while visiting family in my old 4Runner that are in a few hours of Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge. I have videos of these trails on my YouTube channel if you want to check them out.

www.youtube.com/c/birddogoverland

Windrock as mentioned earlier is a popular off road park in that area as well.

A51Asheville

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Sas Mid Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hurricane Creek Trail is kinda the big one out near Smokey Mountains but it can be a difficult one for beginners. I would suggest checking out Hall Top Road. It's not anything crazy but will get the adrenaline pumping and there is a cool old fire tower at the top. I just did this last week and there was snow and mud everywhere which made for some...fun moments of slipping a bit on shelf roads. Nothing the bronco couldn't handle.
Sponsored