Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I owned a business for 20 years that required a deposit for many of the things we offered . You underestimate the number of people that would come in or overwhelm a salesperson with email questions that are not serious about actually buying . There's a point when a dealer would not want extra Broncos arriving that were not going to be picked up . If a person is strapped enough to worry about the extra $400 that will be credited towards the purchase then they probably need to listen to Dave Ramsey instead of wasting time on B & P . :)
And I agree with you, which is why I said that if a dealership is going to require additional deposits, then they need to make them non-refundable. Then you know you are weeding out those who are not serious about the purchase. That just makes more sense to me. It's just protecting your own a$$ets lol. If they're completely refundable at any time, then there really wasn't a point in requiring it as someone could still bail out at delivery and you have to give them their deposit back. That's the point I'm trying to make.
Sponsored

Bronco Enthusiast

Wildtrak
First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Lol because it's not wasting a dealership's time to have someone walk away and be able to sell the thing for thousands more than what you were going to sell it for to the person who ordered it. If a dealership is going to make an additional deposit mandatory, it shouldn't be refundable (if they see people walking away as wasting their time). Granger isn't asking for an additional deposit. You know why? Because they know they will have zero problem selling it (probably at a hefty markup) if someone has to bail for whatever reason.
Normally you would be correct - but your assertion is factually untrue, and I'll explain. Part of Ford's formula to have national integrity to the reservation process and to ward off dealers who manipulated reservations, is a punitive process for order fulfillment:

Ford is going to penalize dealers who have reservations that turn to orders and then don't actually deliver to the customer who ordered. They specifically don't want dealers falsifying reservations and orders to obtain stock units so dealers are being penalized future allocations if orders don't fulfill in the actual name. Hope this clarifies.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have you all beat! 20 minutes away from the house! Looks like I'll be switching my order from Bayou Ford in LaPlace to Matt Bowers! Thank you for this notification! I would like clarification on tmobileguy's questions, since I had the exact same ones. Let us know if you learn anything regarding these questions, please!
I would recommend you get an attorney to look over the fine print on any “lifetime” warranty. I used to work for a financial institution where they would sell extended warranties and would cover a lot of stuff. But excluded things like gaskets and seals and various screws or bolts so that way when an engine blew many people would not get covered since they would blame it on a gasket or something else that was not covered. Happened to 6 people that I knew of. (This was NOT this dealers warranty but another extended warranty that many financial institutions use.)

Just PLEASE do your homework and speak with someone who can read through all the legal jargon in these warranties before assuming you will be covered by any warranty. This goes for ANY and every extended or lifetime warranty. They are tricky with things they exclude that can be concluded to cause most engine or transmission failures. Not all of them do this but some do so be cautious. Also if they say to do the maintenance that Ford recommends, that means do it and make sure to keep documentation that it was done. And that includes following the “towing” or harsh environment guidelines that may mean doing oil changes every 3k or whatever it says in the manual.

Musicalfisherman

Badlands
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is likely the reason:

§723. Advertising at Cost or Invoice A. No advertisement shall be run which uses the term or terms "invoice;" "cost;" "percent over/under cost, invoice or profit;" "$$$ over/under cost, invoice or profit." AUTHORITY NOTE: Promulgated in accordance with R.S. 32:1253.E. HISTORICAL NOTE: Promulgated by the Office of the Governor, Motor Vehicle Commission, LR 34:77 (January 2008).

http://www.lmvc.la.gov/rules/Advertising Rules.pdf
So just change the language. "We will match Granger Ford's original deal". Or "We have a deal similar to Granger Ford plus a lifetime powertrain warranty"

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Technically the dealership didn't post it as an advertisement, a member here just past along the information.

Honda went through this same crao from shit ass dealers trying to rat out deals posted on a private forum.

Honda has MAP (minimum advertised pricing) on new vehicles and the Honda Talon SxS was the hottest SxS to come out in 2019. Couple dealers answered a forum member with a great price, another dealer got butt hurt and took a screenshot and sent it to Honda. Honda looked at it and said it was fine and took away allocation from the shit ass dealer who tried to be a dick.

How about dealers stop being Dicks!

Sponsored

OspreyFE55

Badlands
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Smart ForTwo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So this deal is off the table? Or is the advertising just taken down? Sounds a little fishy! Glad I didn’t make the switch and looks like Stephens is in the lead!

Bronco Enthusiast

Wildtrak
First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone think they will still offer it if we call and ask? Just cause they aren't allowed to advertise it publicly, doesn't mean they can't offer it to you in private, right?
Oddly informative for a first post on such a specific topic. ?
Please appreciate truth and facts to help you not make a poor decision in thinking your order will be fulfilled by a dealer who didn't even understand the allocation process. Do your own research and you'll find there simply isn't much margin on the new Bronco and Ford isn't allowing anyone to game the system.

Or, place your order with them, roll the dice, and a couple years from now when you still don't have a Bronco don't be surprised.

Peace out.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Please appreciate truth and facts to help you not make a poor decision in thinking your order will be fulfilled by a dealer who didn't even understand the allocation process. Do your own research and you'll find there simply isn't much margin on the new Bronco and Ford isn't allowing anyone to game the system.

Or, place your order with them, roll the dice, and a couple years from now when you still don't have a Bronco don't be surprised.

Peace out.
Really?

Ehh. . The implication is Ford will not deliver ordered Broncos, worse case you get a 2022 and maybe a Green paint option when they update your order for the model year turn over. Obviously Bronco and "rush" delivery do not really go hand in hand.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Digging around Matt Bowers Ford website I do see a $200 doc fee on new vehicles. Not a show stopper.
Lets see hopefully a rep signs up on here ..
Really?

Ehh. . The implication is Ford will not deliver ordered Broncos, worse case you get a 2022 and maybe a Green paint option when they update your order for the model year turn over. Obviously Bronco and "rush" delivery do not really go hand in hand.
Curious ... if I can keep my reservation and just go with a MY22 ?

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So this deal is off the table? Or is the advertising just taken down? Sounds a little fishy! Glad I didn’t make the switch and looks like Stephens is in the lead!
Accordingly to @Mattbar1 ... Yes

Sponsored

Ttp2017

Black Diamond
First Name
Zachery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Peace out.
For someone who claims to just be sharing the facts, you sure do show a lot of personal resentment toward them for just trying to be competitive and match other already existing offers...

aternie

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Peace out.
So what dealership do you work for, Marvin?

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can almost assuredly let you know the reason he was asked to take this down is:

3. I would speculate they don't receive even 10 to 20% of what they believed. I hope many of you who switched to the dealer who overpromised and underdelivered aren't left hanging out to dry. We already know that over 50% of reservations nationally won't be produced/received in 2021. If you switched to this dealer you've probably unwittingly put yourself much further down in the process.

4. From all the available data there's a total gross available on these units of $500 on the base to $1900 on the First Edition with a 2% behind the line receivable to the dealer for advertising and floor plan costs. Candidly, you're better off establishing a relationship if you trust your local dealer as this simply isn't a profit fest for dealers.

Peace out.

Care to share your dealership info? Are you charging ADM?

You don't have any better idea than we do of how the final allocation will 100% shake out. Nor what the final numbers are. Everything is fluid at this point and has been tweaked as we have moved forward. This process is new to everybody, Ford dealerships and customers alike. What should be very clear to you is that Ford is attempting to connect to the end customer in a more direct way. Maybe focus on that instead of holding tight to the status quo. The business model IS changing. Hopefully, for your sake, you don't wait as long as the taxi industry did to recognize disruption when you see it.

At this point in time you can't guarantee when someone will get their Bronco through your dealership anymore than Matt Bowers can. Your recommendation of developing a relationship with a 'local dealership you can trust' doesn't make me any more confident of receiving my Bronco as quickly as possible. Your implication is that there are dealerships that are untrustworthy and that dealerships still have ways to prioritize one order over the next and game the system. Otherwise why does a trustworthy dealership matter when factory ordering a vehicle? I just need someone to tell me where I am in line with that specific dealerships allocation, put the order into WBDO and toss me the keys when it shows up. How much do you think that service should be worth? Why wouldn't the Ford mothership want this to be as transparent as possible?

Finally, leaving the delivery timeline out for a minute, your 'profit-fest' viewpoint is very short sighted and simplistic. You are assessing profit on a per vehicle basis. If a dealership was to move a lot of '21 Broncos, their allocation numbers for '22 and beyond would go up per the current allocation formula. If a dealership plays the long game, they will be in a better position to get 'the profit fest' with more future Bronco allocations for their dealership after 2021.

Bottom line, there are many unknowns right now with this process, and representing your dealership, point in time, informed opinions as the only 'truth and fact' is self-serving and disingenuous at best.

ess2thebee

Black Diamond
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F-150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m truly disappointed with the sorry ass competing dealership that reported Matt Bowers to the LMVC. You’re a piece of shit low life MF that doesn’t deserve to be in business. I understand competition in the industry, but that was simply an asshat move by a douchebag dealership and I sincerely hope Marvin is not your real name since all of the dealership salespeople, managers, and owners are public information that can be searched very easily.
Marvin, eat my ass.
Now moving on— there is no reason Matt Bowers cannot offer the deal in house, right? The anti-competition law only deals with ADVERTISING, so just don’t ADVERTISE it on a large scale, correct? Put it on the website in fine print or attach it to the order when someone comes in to finalize their order.
Also, please clarify the fine print that will go along with the ‘lifetime warranty’ so people don’t get dicked over by slick and slimy writing behind the scenes. A lifetime powertrain warranty is EVERYTHING Engine and Transmission related, no ifs ands or buts. If this is not the case, you won’t earn my reservation.

Let me find out Marvin works for Bayou Ford, one of the largest and closest competing dealerships. They’ll receive a tasty email along with publication for all to cancel their reservations with them and swap.
Oh yeah, kick rocks Marvin.

OP
OP
Mattbar1

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Now that things have settled a bit, and Mysterious Marvin is back in hiding...

I encourage everyone who is looking for a great deal to reach out to Rob Stine and Carlos Bereciartua. I think you will be happy you did.

Rob Stine <[email protected]>
Carlos Bereciartua <[email protected]>
Sponsored