Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice to see another Green plate Bronco. Not many of us around. Let's go wheeling this summer, maybe we can get a local group going. I know some places ;)
Also soon to be green plate bronco owner. Know of only a couple trails up by me, be nice to explore some more with fellow bronco drivers.
I am based in Ludlow part time and am planning on the CAT4 road exploration as I am also a cyclist and great way to explore. I have a buddy who wheels in the slate valley, so planning on that. Love to get a VT group together, should we start one on the club page?

Hey your build looks great. Would you mind answering some questions?

How does the ACC work after the relocation?
Could you take a picture of how far the front bumper comes away from the grill? How much front poke?
How much view is blocked in the front camera?

Thanks ahead of time and your build really does look amazing.

Jason
ACC is finicky - sometimes it's spot on, sometimes its slow to react, or throws a random collision alert. It works horribly in the rain.
like all, the bumper sticks out a fair bit, I've come to realize that from more than 50' away, no one notices. The camera view issue is minimal, I'll post a pic later today and a better one of front bumper. the bumper is a great place to store your coffee and keys while gettting bike or trail running shizz together :)
Ford Bronco Green Mountain Bronco Build on 37s, 3" Lift + more 1651048043629
Sponsored

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reserved on day 2, took deliver day before thanksgiving. Getting parts to do a proper build is tough. I am also a JK owner, so have a little experience with these things.

Badlands Sasquatch 2.7 Antimatter Blue
did the 3" spacer lift from icon as a holder until the Coilovers are available. Also have read here on the forums that the squatch spare tire holder is bigger than the standard and will hold most 37s depending on offset, looks like mine worked out fine. I had ordered the 4WP realignment bracket just in case, so that's on the returns pile.

Upgrades
DV8 MTO Series front bumper w 2x 3" lights
DV8 ACC relocation bracket
DV8 Winch
RTR Light bar w 5 Project X Lights
Fuel Vector wheels, 17x9 -12OS 4.5BS -
Nitto Ridge Grapplers 37x12.5r17TLNo rear tire carrier adjustment needed with the Sasquatch rear tire carrier which is different than nonSquatch
BYOD Rail from Archetype Racing -
Icon 3” spacer lift
Grab handles - paracord
ARB underhood compressor

On Order
Icon coilover 3-4” kit with UCAs (Stage 4)
Frame mounted Sliders – L.O.D. offroad signature series
Advanced Fiberglass Hood & fenders w 5” (squatch sized flares)
DV8 Front Skid Plate

Future Planned Upgrades
Rear bumper with lights & integrated tire carrier, hi lift jack carrier
Fender liners
DV8 bashplates
Engine/exhaust Mods TBD
RPG Tie Rods or Ford Performance upgraded tie rods & steering rack

btw, Sold the Squatch wheels & tires as well as front bumper
have the factory rock rails for sale as well(have a buyer IDd)
expecting I should be able to sell the Squatch suspension & Ikon 3" Spacers once I get my coilovers

View attachment 294769 View attachment 294770 View attachment 294784
View attachment 294773
What made you go with DV8 over ADD (DV8 = Chinese made ADD)? At first I thought maybe it was because of the price difference, but as I kept reading you certainly do not seem to be pinching pennies on this sweet ride! So what was it about the DV8 items that sealed the deal for you?

OP
OP
GreenMtnBronco

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What made you go with DV8 over ADD (DV8 = Chinese made ADD)? At first I thought maybe it was because of the price difference, but as I kept reading you certainly do not seem to be pinching pennies on this sweet ride! So what was it about the DV8 items that sealed the deal for you?
1st issue for me was having a winch that was reasonably concealed and had little intrusion to the camera. I think @DV8offroad is a strong enough brand that if there are any powdercoat issues, I'll get covered. I have their rear bumper with integrated tire carrier on my JK for 3 years and it's holding up well. Looking forward to that same product for the bronco, theirs is integrated into the rear door carrier so you open both by opening the rear door.

a close 2nd for me was the BAMF bumper utilizing a winch with a solenoid relocation kit.

I also like the styling of the DV8 gear overall. Excited to see their fender liners which are teased in some of their bumper pics. If you go DV8, call them and order on the phone with Guy(tell him I sent you!). I had an issue where. they had shipped me the wrong bumper lights and he cleaned up quickly for me. Great customer service and a super nice guy to speak with.

as for the build, I've learned that there are two ways to do things, the right way and the expensive way, the right way is using high quality gear the first time around.

thank you for the props! now @ADV Fiberglass - when are my Fenders showing up so I can move forward on this..

Joey.calc

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Reserved on day 2, took deliver day before thanksgiving. Getting parts to do a proper build is tough. I am also a JK owner, so have a little experience with these things.

did the 3" spacer lift from icon as a holder until the Coilovers are available. Also have read here on the forums that the squatch spare tire holder is bigger than the standard and will hold most 37s depending on offset, looks like mine worked out fine. I had ordered the 4WP realignment bracket just in case, so that's on the returns pile.

Upgrades
DV8 Winch
Nitto Ridge Grapplers 37x12.5r17TLNo rear tire carrier adjustment needed with the Sasquatch rear tire carrier which is different than nonSquatch
Icon 3” spacer lift
Grab handles - paracord
ARB underhood compressor

On Order
DV8 Front Skid Plate

Future Planned Upgrades
Fender liners
DV8 bashplates
Engine/exhaust Mods TBD

expecting I should be able to sell the Squatch suspension & Ikon 3" Spacers once I get my coilovers

View attachment 294773
Central VT, eh?? Barre area?

Good to meet another Vermonster on here, as always.

Joey.calc

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nice to see another Green plate Bronco. Not many of us around. Let's go wheeling this summer, maybe we can get a local group going. I know some places ;)
I'll ask you the same thing I asked the OP - you in the Barre area? I live in Barre but spend most of my time around the NE Kingdom for off-roading, fishing, and hunting.

Sponsored

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Upgrades
DV8 Winch
Icon 3” spacer lift
Grab handles - paracord
ARB underhood compressor

On Order
DV8 Front Skid Plate

Future Planned Upgrades
Fender liners
DV8 bashplates
Engine/exhaust Mods TBD

View attachment 294773
Beautiful ride!!!

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1st issue for me was having a winch that was reasonably concealed and had little intrusion to the camera. I think @DV8offroad is a strong enough brand that if there are any powdercoat issues, I'll get covered. I have their rear bumper with integrated tire carrier on my JK for 3 years and it's holding up well. Looking forward to that same product for the bronco, theirs is integrated into the rear door carrier so you open both by opening the rear door.

a close 2nd for me was the BAMF bumper utilizing a winch with a solenoid relocation kit.

I also like the styling of the DV8 gear overall. Excited to see their fender liners which are teased in some of their bumper pics. If you go DV8, call them and order on the phone with Guy(tell him I sent you!). I had an issue where. they had shipped me the wrong bumper lights and he cleaned up quickly for me. Great customer service and a super nice guy to speak with.

as for the build, I've learned that there are two ways to do things, the right way and the expensive way, the right way is using high quality gear the first time around.

thank you for the props! now @ADV Fiberglass - when are my Fenders showing up so I can move forward on this..
I was about to click buy on the DV8 FS-15 for similar reasons that you listed. It was a great winch solution, allowed flow to the intercooler, looked awesome and had a small overall size. At the last second I stopped to find out where it was made and changed my mind once I found out it was Chinese. Not meaning that as a slight to you or anyone else who would buy it, at least it is still designed and sourced by an American company. But, if I can support an American tradesman that is my first choice.

I kept researching and came across the BAMF Overland bumper and emailed Jerry over there. The man emailed me back on a Saturday almost immediately to answer my questions. His bumpers also have that interesting coating that you can heat up with a torch to fix scratches. Interested to see that in person. I ended up going that route and ordered with Jerry.

On another note, how is the road noise on those Ridge Grapplers? I am wanting the exact same tire and have been ever so concerned about highway hum; particularly with the soft top.

OP
OP
GreenMtnBronco

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was about to click buy on the DV8 FS-15 for similar reasons that you listed. It was a great winch solution, allowed flow to the intercooler, looked awesome and had a small overall size. At the last second I stopped to find out where it was made and changed my mind once I found out it was Chinese. Not meaning that as a slight to you or anyone else who would buy it, at least it is still designed and sourced by an American company. But, if I can support an American tradesman that is my first choice.

I kept researching and came across the BAMF Overland bumper and emailed Jerry over there. The man emailed me back on a Saturday almost immediately to answer my questions. His bumpers also have that interesting coating that you can heat up with a torch to fix scratches. Interested to see that in person. I ended up going that route and ordered with Jerry.

On another note, how is the road noise on those Ridge Grapplers? I am wanting the exact same tire and have been ever so concerned about highway hum; particularly with the soft top.
Jerry was very helpful. I am hoping that companies like DV8 will start to produce in the US, I didn't look into that, but am doing so going forward. It's clear many companies are abandoning China of late, and that's good news. Actually the way Jerry was telling me that he only X bumpers in the current batch, I had the impression they were coming in a shipping container.. FWTW. Good to know they are US made.

I had some Chinese sliders on the Jeep and they rusted out in less than a year. I know DV8 has higher specs.

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jerry was very helpful. I am hoping that companies like DV8 will start to produce in the US, I didn't look into that, but am doing so going forward. It's clear many companies are abandoning China of late, and that's good news. Actually the way Jerry was telling me that he only X bumpers in the current batch, I had the impression they were coming in a shipping container.. FWTW. Good to know they are US made.

I had some Chinese sliders on the Jeep and they rusted out in less than a year. I know DV8 has higher specs.
DV8 is ADD's Chinese brand. They wanted to capture more market share by hitting a lower price point without sullying the ADD brand, so they made DV8. Pretty common tactic.

BAMF's website has "Proudly Made In The USA" plastered on it so it better be American lol!!! And Jerry could have been referencing a production batch rather than an order batch. He could also be outsourcing some of his production to other fab shops domestically to keep up with demand, which according to Jerry has been significant.

OP
OP
GreenMtnBronco

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DV8 is ADD's Chinese brand. They wanted to capture more market share by hitting a lower price point without sullying the ADD brand, so they made DV8. Pretty common tactic.

BAMF's website has "Proudly Made In The USA" plastered on it so it better be American lol!!! And Jerry could have been referencing a production batch rather than an order batch. He could also be outsourcing some of his production to other fab shops domestically to keep up with demand, which according to Jerry has been significant.
at least ADD/DV8 keeps the profits here.
the ADD bumpers didnt fit my needs. I actually had quite a list I worked through in the threads here. wish I had been thinking about the US thing in relation to BAMF... Hopefully ADD will consider moving the production to the US...

Sponsored

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

at least ADD/DV8 keeps the profits here.
the ADD bumpers didnt fit my needs. I actually had quite a list I worked through in the threads here. wish I had been thinking about the US thing in relation to BAMF... Hopefully ADD will consider moving the production to the US...
Honestly, all US brands need to be exploring US manufacturing to the best of their abilities. Without going into too many personal details, manufacturing items for retail is my profession. The global supply chain issues that we are experiencing are a symptom of a much much larger issue that has festered in the past 20 years. US companies need to start moving at least some of their production back to the US, and start rebuilding our trade labor force, and US consumers need to accept the fact that things actually cost more than we're accustomed to paying and you can't have everything now... because until we rebalance global trade away from China we are going to be experiencing some serious shortages and out of stocks for the foreseeable future.

And if China actually makes good on their threats to take Taiwan... every US brand that relies solely on Chinese manufacturing is going to be screwed.

Last year I started a US manufacturing initiative with my company. We have already released numerous smaller US-made items. But next year is the big year... We should be releasing our first wholly made in US product next year. And when I say wholly, I mean it. Sub-suppliers can't even source from China!

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That turned out great, looks real good on 37s. Surprisingly no one has asked how the ride is with the lift? Also any noticeable power loss with the added weight and bigger tires?

OP
OP
GreenMtnBronco

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That turned out great, looks real good on 37s. Surprisingly no one has asked how the ride is with the lift? Also any noticeable power loss with the added weight and bigger tires?
thank you!
I find the ride to be very slightly different than the factory BadSquatch. The tires only produce slightly more road noise than the originals. Much less than the Mickey Thomposon Baja M+S tires on my JK
as for power, I actually have always been a guy with mostly performance cars, last car was an Audi S5 cabrio. That said, I've been driving the bronco more gingerly, not hammering it, slower to accelerate to highway speeds, etc.. I was on a road trip last week doing college visits, and on back country roads in upstate NY, it had plenty of passing gear.
I am considering a panda tune module, but still not clear on it.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
thank you!
I find the ride to be very slightly different than the factory BadSquatch. The tires only produce slightly more road noise than the originals. Much less than the Mickey Thomposon Baja M+S tires on my JK
as for power, I actually have always been a guy with mostly performance cars, last car was an Audi S5 cabrio. That said, I've been driving the bronco more gingerly, not hammering it, slower to accelerate to highway speeds, etc.. I was on a road trip last week doing college visits, and on back country roads in upstate NY, it had plenty of passing gear.
I am considering a panda tune module, but still not clear on it.
I was going to recommend panda, it seems like the best option to keep your warranty and regain lost power.
Sponsored