Greetings from Diode Dynamics! What Are Your Lighting Plans?

gentlemanbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Bronco
Black Diamond
Clubs

• Headlights as nice or nicer than the signature LED headlights from Ford
  • Taillights
  • interior footwell lighting kits
  • rock lights
Advertisement

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Bronco
Black Diamond
Clubs

Rear center brake light that shines through the tire. I want to get rid of the dingus that sticks up over the spare and takes a couple inches of rear visibility.

I would only want the top quarter or so of the tire lit up, versus the ring type. It would look badass on the BD steelies. Maybe a single bright LED disc in the top three or four holes in the wheels.

41zMrwQpzNL._AC_.jpg

R11

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Bronco
Base
Please, just make an AUX capable fog light for the mod/steel bumper that isn't insane priced. Some of us want to add some decent fog lights for a reasonable price...
I think they already do that. Comparing their lights to Baja and KC, they seem better and cheaper.

I can’t verify since my Bronco is not here yet, but I asked them and they said their wiring harness will enable me to configure with aux switches.

R11

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Bronco
Base
As a member of the baseSquatch congregation I 2nd this
As a basequatch man myself, I gotta say I think the spelling works better when you’re only making the “s” sound once 😂🤙

F OR D

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Bronco
Black Diamond
I think they already do that. Comparing their lights to Baja and KC, they seem better and cheaper.

I can’t verify since my Bronco is not here yet, but I asked them and they said their wiring harness will enable me to configure with aux switches.
Yea, they only have something for the standard bumper. Hoping steel is in the works.

R11

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Bronco
Base
Yea, they only have something for the standard bumper. Hoping steel is in the works.
FYI, if it’s not clear, that Bronco-specific nature is the bracket. The lights in that kit are just SS3 pods.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Bronco
Black Diamond
FYI, if it’s not clear, that Bronco-specific nature is the bracket. The lights in that kit are just SS3 pods.
i know baja has different plastic and steel options and there is also a pocket kit to fit the lights into the steel bumper.

this makes me assume the plastic and steel have different dimensions or they have a kit to retrofit. maybe they can respond and let us know?

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John C.
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Bronco
Undecided
Really like your stats and general approach. Already received my order, fog light kit (to figure out on the base…🤔) and some floods to try on mirror mount spots. Looking forward to it, build scheduled for today.
Congrats, and thank you! The install is very straightforward for that kit.
Welcome!
Looking forward to rear amber pod lights to assist in trailer hook-ups.
Have a link to your current catalog?
Good idea, and you bet! www.diodedynamics.com
Welcome to the site John!
Can't wait to see what y'all have instore for our rigs!
Appreciate the warm welcome!
Already have a set of your SS3 yellow fogs waiting for my Bronco. The lights are really stout, can’t wait to see how they perform.
Would like to see chase lights as well as some sort of weather resistant interior lighting solution. Ideally small pods in a flood pattern that can mount to the underside of the sport bar. Main use case would be for camping so I can access my gear at night when on the trail. They would need to be at least weather resistant so I don’t need to worry about getting them wet if it have the top off when I’m cruising around town.
Thanks for your order! Chase light may be something we look at in the future, definitely a nice upgrade. From what I've heard, lots of people want brighter interior lights too. Thanks for your suggestions!

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

First Name
John C.
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Bronco
Undecided
Various Bronco themed puddle lights? That would be cool.
Puddle lights are nice, the challenge is installing them. We really try to avoid offering products that require a ton of modification, but we'll check it out to see if there's a better solution possible vs cutting into the bottom of the doors or mirrors.
I like those ideas @JakeC and @Bronco4lyfe85. What about an under hood work light?
I've been eyeing a couple for myself personally, but a more custom-fit solution would be awesome and very handy. Great idea.
LED tail lights and headlights. But nothing that looks like shit. Has to be an actual upgrade over factory halogen
Yeah, I am sure you'll see a dozen options on the market before the end of this year, but all will be made in China or Taiwan, and very "aftermarket" quality. You just can't get anything close to the OEM lights in terms of quality, only ebay specials or a few importers that rebrand lights under their own name to make it seem like a premium product. Hopefully we can offer something in the future that's really built to OEM standards.
Do you plan on producing rock lights? I could see them being very popular on the bronco.
We do! Although I don't have any dates yet, you can expect to see rock lights from us some time next year.
Some form of amber grille lights would be cool to see!
I agree! I've seen a few requests for this, a customized kit would be a great simple mod.
Rear center brake light that shines through the tire. I want to get rid of the dingus that sticks up over the spare and takes a couple inches of rear visibility.
I would only want the top quarter or so of the tire lit up, versus the ring type. It would look badass on the BD steelies. Maybe a single bright LED disc in the top three or four holes in the wheels.
Good ideas! I agree the dotted circle is a bit dated, but a more modern version would be sweet.

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

Fortunately, mine's coming with lockers, so I've already satisfied lockers before lights!

From my perspective, as budget allows, I'll be looking at the following:

1. pod lights next to the mirrors to illuminate the sides of the trail
2. A light bar that mounts to the "accessory ready" positions at the top of the windshield for improved visibility forward.

As the previous poster mentioned, a combination fog light kit for the HD bumper is a great idea... That said, I have to figure out a winch solution for the HD bumper and decide if it's permanent or if it's something that will be replaced by a bumper that better supports a winch. Will be talking to some fabrication guys when mine arrives to decide what to do.

But if I keep it, I think those fog lights would be a great addition!

Thanks for asking and thanks for being here!

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

First Name
John C.
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Bronco
Undecided
Add to HD bumper with an insert bracket (like Rigid's offering):
- one yellow fog light
- one white driving light
- one widespread light
for the back bumper
- flush set follow/revers light (like the DD single that backlights yellow and turns on clear)
You bet! Our kit will be announced soon - higher output and lower cost than other leading options.
Please, just make an AUX capable fog light for the mod/steel bumper that isn't insane priced. Some of us want to add some decent fog lights for a reasonable price...
You got it! We'll be announcing something soon.
Yes it is!
this makes me assume the plastic and steel have different dimensions or they have a kit to retrofit. maybe they can respond and let us know?
Totally different dimensions and mounting points!

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Bronco
Badlands
Puddle lights are nice, the challenge is installing them. We really try to avoid offering products that require a ton of modification, but we'll check it out to see if there's a better solution possible vs cutting into the bottom of the doors or mirrors.
Excuse my ignorance, do the Bronco doors not having puddle lights like every other vehicle? I honestly don’t know. I was just thinking about them because I have them for my challenger and they were a direct swap for the OEM, they’re just a projector and snapped right in.

NatureMan

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future bronco
Bronco
Undecided
Clubs

@Diode Dynamics, i see that some of your led pods have standard backlights with 4 prong connectors and a 3 way switch. Can you please explain how you plan to utilize both functions (backlight, and full power led) with the factory bronco aux switches instead of your 3 way switches?
Could aux 1 be for backlight (individual or multiple sets of pods) and aux 2 for 1 set of pods, aux 3 for a second set, etc?

I plan on purchasing a dual or triple pod setup for the mod bumper and am impressed with your pods.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

First Name
John C.
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Bronco
Undecided
Excuse my ignorance, do the Bronco doors not having puddle lights like every other vehicle? I honestly don’t know. I was just thinking about them because I have them for my challenger and they were a direct swap for the OEM, they’re just a projector and snapped right in.
Not sure! Some vehicles have them under the door, some have them under the mirror. With the type of mirrors on the Bronco, I assumed they probably don't have lights, but we'll be sure to find out.
@Diode Dynamics, i see that some of your led pods have standard backlights with 4 prong connectors and a 3 way switch. Can you please explain how you plan to utilize both functions (backlight, and full power led) with the factory bronco aux switches instead of your 3 way switches?
Could aux 1 be for backlight (individual or multiple sets of pods) and aux 2 for 1 set of pods, aux 3 for a second set, etc?

I plan on purchasing a dual or triple pod setup for the mod bumper and am impressed with your pods.
Couple ways to do it! You could hardwire the backlight to running lights for example, or use two switches. If necessary, we could develop something to toggle between functions on a single switch too. Lots of ways to get it working!

Paul

Advertisement

Advertisement