First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang, 1987 Jeep wagoneer limited,
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello, after reading through many of the posts on here I feel like I cheated a little bit. I have followed the bronco with intrigue even before ordering opened. When all the craziness at the beginning and thousands of orders in the first few days I decided to wait until it blew over. Of course, that hasn't happened and lots of you are still waiting for your broncos. I then shifted my energy towards a Gladiator to replace my '07 Tundra.

Well fast forward to last November, my father-in-law gave my wife his Silverado before he passed away and she decided she wasn't ready to part with it. I then decided that there was no need for two trucks so off the list came the gladiator, my truck was quickly sold, the search was on for a Bronco again.

Well, I had no idea that they were still in short supply and since I hadn't purchased a new vehicle in years I was in for a big shock when I learned a new term.......ADM. A little stunned (well a lot), I expanded my search area a good bit since pretty much every stealer in North and Central Florida was and still is charging $7500-10000 above MSRP. Since I am a bit older and also stuck in a pre-pandemic mindset this was a bitter pill that I couldn't swallow-serious gag reflex. The good old days when you could walk into a dealership and actually,

well -um deal.

After a grueling (bad choice of words since I now know that some of you have been waiting for 8-900 days), search, I found a 2-door base 2.7 CO for near sticker actually a tad more or less. This particular dealer, a Honda dealer charges what they call a protection plan on all of their sales new or used to the tune of 2 grand. So basically, an ADM but you get paint protection, cheap floor mats and a sunscreen for the windshield. Brilliant.

Anyway, I was able to get an almost new (1K miles) Bronco for about 1400 over sticker. Not great compared to the good old days but Ok in today's market, I guess. I am thrilled and a little embarrassed at the same time seeing what others have been and still are going through.

Looking forward to learning more on this forum and maybe seeing other Broncos in the wild.

Mike
Sponsored

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Congratulations how about some photos.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes some pics would complete the essay!

OP
OP

Turtlesrock

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang, 1987 Jeep wagoneer limited,
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am completely inept at anything remotely technological. Actually, posting is a big step for me. Sooner or later, I will figure out how to make that next big step but for now I'll concentrate on the Bronco which as all new cars do comes with a techy learning curve of its own.
Sponsored

Reactions: abe