Greetings from west central Illinois!

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 xlt bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Among the corn fields and the strip mine lakes is where I reside. And that's about it for around here. It's not called Forgottonia for no reason.

I'm one of those guys who took my f-150 to get the oil changed couple of months ago and they made me an offer I couldn't resist so it's gone which is fine. I wanted a new bronco so this helped force the issue.

I wish I would have thought of this strategy a long time ago but I'm going in with positive thinking about the whole thing and put my order in last night for an outer banks in race red. The dealership said it will be probably a year which I'm fine with because that means bigger down payment saved up of my mad money.

Like a lot of other people I started out thinking base with the v6 but it escalated from there. 2door mannequins with a v6 are like unicorns around here and I looked in a wide area.

I drove the 4 cylinder a month or so ago which seems to be whats around and I didn't like it. My last few trucks have been 5.0's so I feel the need for speed or at least some healthy acceleration.

I'm an idiot in some ways but yesterday I had the inspiration of going to the dealer with a two door big bend I think and double checked it for size again because I'm one of those not so tiny guys. Drove that and still didn't like it. I mean it would have worked but it isn't a 5.0 by any stretch. Where the idea kicked in was hey isn't the 2.7 in all these supercrews the same engine? So they let me drive one of those and I was pleasantly surprised. I figured if it moves the truck well then it shouldn't have a problem with a two door bronco (fingers crossed). Plus the 4.27 rear end option hopefully is icing on the cake.

This morning I'm going through the paperwork again and apparently even though I've been on the build and price more times then I care to mention I never noticed that the seats and dash are blue. And there's only two options and the roast looked pretty funky on my monitor.

The reason I went with an outer banks was because of the adaptive cruise mainly.

What interior are other people putting in their OB's? Both options seem to clash with the race red or at least they do on my monitor.

Sorry for the book but mostly just an introduction because it will be a year before a new one so I won't be posting a lot.

Oh and I am already a bronco owner a couple of times. I had a 79 I kick myself for selling especially now and I'm driving what I just started calling "trusty and rusty" which is a 94 bronco xlt with a 351w. I'm hoping the trusty part will make it true because I'm hoping it makes it till new one! I have all the panels to get rid of the rust part too if only someone can tell me where to buy some ambition.

Thank you all! (especially the ones who made it all the way to the end!)
Sponsored