Greetings Y'all from Texas

GreenMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey everyone glad to finally register on the forums, I've been lurking here for a few years now trying to understand what Ford is about to unveil to us all. I’ve already got my pineapple pizza order ready to be placed for Monday nights unveiling.

Bit of a back story here - I don't come from a SUV or off-roading background but watching the progression of leaks and information over the agonizing months and years has me really excited unlike any vehicle in recent memory. I've always been a fan of Ford vehicles since growing up and had particular fondness for the Mustang, Probe, F-150, and Bronco. Ford vehicles are always the first in line for me to try out, test drive vs the competition, and gravitate to if available on the rental lot. In the past I've owned fun vehicles such as a Gen-4 Mustang, NA Miata, and my current car a Fiesta ST. Never have I owned a Bronco or any SUV for that matter, so this is potentially is an entirely different experience for me.

Now why the Bronco? I can't fully answer that question yet, but all indications seem to hint this may be the closest thing to a swiss army knife available in a vehicle I'm looking for. I love “fun” vehicles and think this one may check off all the boxes:

• Open air experience. I loved dropping the top on Miata and owning a convertible, even having a sunroof doesn't come close to that today. Being able to remove/drop a soft/hard top and also be able to potentially remove doors? That's a huge way to change your driving experience and is a game changer in a SUV.
  • Seating Position. I'll admit I've only driven trucks a handful of times without owning one, but the higher up position and more commanding feeling of the road is something I desire after spending years being in low vehicles.
  • Ruggedness. A truck based platform from the manufacturer who uses "Build Ford Tough,” enough said. Looking over the years at different Ford trucks and platforms like F-Series, Ranger, Bronco, Explorer, I associate with platforms that can take a beating and are not “fragile.” Having a vehicle that can last for years with proper care is important to me.
  • Utility. Previously owning a Miata which is anything but that, the ability to use a vehicle to do so much is appealing. Off-roading, Towing, carrying gear/items, carrying people, are all nice features to have if you need them. I’ll be honest I know nothing about off-roading and what a diff lock does, whether IFS or solid axle is better, and when you’d choose 4H or 4L but if I get a Bronco plan on finding out a way to learn all the features and use them.
  • Adventuring. With the pandemic affecting us this year forcing many to be sheltered in place and spend more time inside, I have been finding more ways to go on more active adventures outside over the past few weeks- running, hiking, biking. As a result I’m finding that I’m appreciating the outdoors and nature so much more than I have before, and want to continue to visit parks, go exploring, camping, and opening up the door for other adventures, etc. A Bronco has almost unlimited adventure potential to go to places and allow me to do more things I can’t today.
  • ”Cool" Factor. I'll be honest, having a vehicle which is perceived to be cool is important as a car enthusiast. While I’ve only bought vehicles I’ve wanted to own myself, also having a vehicle which gets respect from friends/family/strangers also plays a part. Who doesn’t like to have strangers and kids point and say “neat, sick, or cool car?” Looking at how Wranglers are perceived by others today, I think the Bronco is a home run here.
  • Aftermarket Support. A vehicle with strong aftermarket support is key for me. This allows you to tweak it to your liking, keep things fresh, and adapt to the situation. There looks to be a huge community of vendors out there lined up already ready to make performance parts, gear, and accessories to customize and make them each special.
  • Bronco Community. Having owned fun vehicles and ones that have large online and in-person communities is part of what makes vehicle ownership so special. Both online forums like these sharing ideas and connecting with people to troubleshoot is a huge sell to me. Also in-person clubs whether it’s car meets regional events is the cherry on top that I want in my next vehicle, and looks like this will be something the Bronco will be strong with.
This forum has been awesome leading up to the reveal, hope it continues to grow and become the leading example for all other brands out there. I think Ford has a home run on their hands with the Bronco and it’s brand and am looking forward to see where this goes. I’ve been spamming refresh on the internet for updates going back to the Bronco concept and can’t believe it’s finally almost here.

I have no idea if the Bronco is right for me until I see more details and perhaps drive one, but I feel like I’ve almost convinced myself it’s the right choice. Now I'm just waiting like the rest of you to see how Ford creates all their packages and options them out, which will be exciting. The only thing I know is if green is available as a color - that is what I’m going to get.

Let’s buckle in and enjoy this adventure together wherever it takes us.

-GreenMachine
Sponsored

Administrator

Heritage
Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Welcome and we're glad you finally registered after years of lurking! Should have just come in and said hello earlier! ✌

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My wife’s car
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello from west TX! Same here fellas. I just registered today. I’ve been sneaking around the forum and taking this all in for a few months now. So I’ve been waiting for a few years to find a vehicle that suited my needs and never quite gravitated to anything on the market. Since I heard about the rebirth of the Bronco I’ve been researching it piece by piece and I believe it’s the vehicle I’ve been waiting for. @GreenMachine I think you hit the nail on the head! From what I see so far, Ford’s really done a good job on this. Also, I’m sure hoping one of the Off-Roadeo’s will be in the Big Bend area. That would be pretty exciting since it would be right in my backyard.

desert_rat

Big Bend
First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hello from west TX! Same here fellas. I just registered today. I’ve been sneaking around the forum and taking this all in for a few months now. So I’ve been waiting for a few years to find a vehicle that suited my needs and never quite gravitated to anything on the market. Since I heard about the rebirth of the Bronco I’ve been researching it piece by piece and I believe it’s the vehicle I’ve been waiting for. @GreenMachine I think you hit the nail on the head! From what I see so far, Ford’s really done a good job on this. Also, I’m sure hoping one of the Off-Roadeo’s will be in the Big Bend area. That would be pretty exciting since it would be right in my backyard.
when I found out Big Bend was going to be a trim - ?? I took it as a sign that I'm destined for this car. I can't imagine anything cooler than driving a Big Bend Bronco in big bend country?? I'm hoping that trim isn't too basic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My wife’s car
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
when I found out Big Bend was going to be a trim - ?? I took it as a sign that I'm destined for this car. I can't imagine anything cooler than driving a Big Bend Bronco in big bend country?? I'm hoping that trim isn't too basic
Agreed! Although, I thought I heard it was a trim for the Bronco Sport. If so, that’s too bad but it won’t keep me from hitting the Big Bend in my new Bronco next year!
Sponsored