First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco - 4door Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My temporary solution for my grille blackout, until some aftermarket grilles come out.

Considered 1) just removing the letters but didnt love how it looks without the letters, 2) 3D printing individual letter overlays but didnt like having 6 squares and 3) designing an overlay panel which seemed expensive for a custom part.

So I went with a simple solution of 32” x 1/4” Thick Delrin Plastic, painted and snapped on.

Final step will be putting a small white horse logo on the right side

09D32865-B1B3-4F47-B021-D0755DD3E406.jpeg
Sponsored

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My temporary solution for my grille blackout, until some aftermarket grilles come out.

Considered 1) just removing the letters but didnt love how it looks without the letters, 2) 3D printing individual letter overlays but didnt like having 6 squares and 3) designing an overlay panel which seemed expensive for a custom part.

So I went with a simple solution of 32” x 1/4” Thick Delrin Plastic, painted and snapped on.

Final step will be putting a small white horse logo on the right side

Ford Bronco Grille Blackout 09D32865-B1B3-4F47-B021-D0755DD3E406
I painted mine shadow black and did matte black paint on the letters. In think it would look great on a white Bronco as well.

20220107_131020.jpg

Cartman3132

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I painted mine shadow black and did matte black paint on the letters. In think it would look great on a white Bronco as well.

Ford Bronco Grille Blackout 20220107_131020
I'm going to black out the letters when the weather gets nicer (live outside Boston so it's frigid right now) but I'm terrified I'm going to F*&k them up when I drill them out.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm going to black out the letters when the weather gets nicer (live outside Boston so it's frigid right now) but I'm terrified I'm going to F*&k them up when I drill them out.
1/4 bit and they will come right out. Hot glue gun and they will go right back in. You can paint them black or buy the oracle light up letters in matte black.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

1/4 bit and they will come right out. Hot glue gun and they will go right back in. You can paint them black or buy the oracle light up letters in matte black.
I wouldnt trust hot glue. As soon as you park in the sun on a hot day that glue is going to soften right up again.

Sponsored

Dirtyjed

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Dmax, 86 FunRunnah, Tiyoda truggy, Honda shi
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why not just plastidip the grill?

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OP
OP
Jimbo97

Jimbo97

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The grille there actually is black plasti-dipped. But I taped off the letters to keep white before deciding I wanted black.

OP
OP
Jimbo97

Jimbo97

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Ford Bronco Grille Blackout 20220107_131020
Yes I saw yours on another thread I made regarding the letters. Definitely considered this route but I wanted the letters themselves to be hidden.

RSHart

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2013 FJ Cruiser, 2021 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes I saw yours on another thread I made regarding the letters. Definitely considered this route but I wanted the letters themselves to be hidden.
Is that a sport?

Sponsored

mrbrenan

Badlands
First Name
Brenan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone have any photos of blacking out the Badlands Grille varnish around the letters? I want to black out the area around the BRONCO letters. The Badlands grille is more like a gunmetal grey however I have seen a few out there that are more of a matte black. Any one with photos, drop them below or let me know if you want me to start a new thread for this.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Black Diamond Grille with the oracle matte black letters but that definitely is not the value path.

I think I only dislike your solution because two different shades of black. Could be pretty clean if not for this.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone have any photos of blacking out the Badlands Grille varnish around the letters? I want to black out the area around the BRONCO letters. The Badlands grille is more like a gunmetal grey however I have seen a few out there that are more of a matte black. Any one with photos, drop them below or let me know if you want me to start a new thread for this.
I had to fix a crack, so went with a Satin Black re-spray. Yes, those are the Oracle light BRONCO letters.

1aSIrrh.jpg

p9BzVSG.jpg

BuscazU.jpg

mrbrenan

Badlands
First Name
Brenan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've never had good luck with plasti-dip out here in Sacramento. The heat is pretty gnarly on anything plastic and black. Even the heavy-duty plasti-dip tends to orange peel in about a year. Then it's a process of peeling the rest of it off. I would rather just buy one OE matte black grille if I can.
Sponsored