First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco - 4door Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Has anybody removed the letters on their 2021 full-size grille?

Don't want to paint mine black but want the grille to be blacked out. I know they are removable, but are there holes or letter outlines that remain when you do?

Next alternative is to 3D print an overlay panel that just covers them. Then will add an offset Bronco emblem like my old 'stang!
Sponsored

Fixajet

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 / 2021 EcoSport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Don't want to paint mine black but want the grille to be blacked out. I know they are removable, but are there holes or letter outlines that remain when you do?

Next alternative is to 3D print an overlay panel that just covers them. Then will add an offset Bronco emblem like my old 'stang!
They a plasti welded as part of the grille assembly, you would need to use a drill bit and cut/drill where the plastic is melted together on the back side. I was looking into this to put the amber lighted letters on the front of my grillewhen/if my WT ever shows up.

Last edited:

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Ford Bronco Grille Letter Removal? grille2

That's a good look at what'll be missing.

evilletruck

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They a plasti welded as part of the grille assembly, you would need to use a drill bit and cut/drill where the plastic is melted together on the back side. I was looking into this to put the amber lighted letters on the front of my grillewhen/if my WT ever shows up.

What they said :) there is two posts for each letter that are plasti welded through so there are two circular wholes for those and two or three of the letters also have a third alignment pin whole which is square.

The plastic that is left is basic shape of the letters that go on them they are not as defined but you can tell what letters they actually are.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Easy to do. 1/4 inch bit and just drill out the plastic melted in the holes that holds then in place. Painted mine shadow black and did matte black letters. Think I'm going to replace the letter with oracle while light up letters.

20220107_131020.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jimbo97

Jimbo97

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco - 4door Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Easy to do. 1/4 inch bit and just drill out the plastic melted in the holes that holds then in place. Painted mine shadow black and did matte black letters. Think I'm going to replace the letter with oracle while light up letters.

Ford Bronco Grille Letter Removal? 20220107_131020
That looks hot. Can you brief me on how you re-inserted the painted letters?

Jawaburger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2 Door, Manual, Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
StickerFab makes some grille letter overlays that you stick over the letters, so no need to remove and paint. Probably not quite as long lasting as painting, but cheaper and easier until you can find a proper aftermarket grille.

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This video that I made shows the process for removing, painting, and reinstalling the letters

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here's a photo that I took while replacing mine with the Oracle LED ones. It shows the imprint under the letters clearly.

2021-12-29 19-44-43.jpg

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
StickerFab makes some grille letter overlays that you stick over the letters, so no need to remove and paint. Probably not quite as long lasting as painting, but cheaper and easier until you can find a proper aftermarket grille.
That's the route I'm going for now. Not a fan that the white edges still show and it'll probably drive me crazy until I get around to painting.

Sponsored

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That looks hot. Can you brief me on how you re-inserted the painted letters?
Thank you. Just used a hot glue gun to reinstall it the letters back in the same holes. Easy to take off again if I use a heat gun and remove the letters again. Oracle letters come with 2 sided tape but I think using something like hot glue makes it so dirt can't get behind the letters. Gorilla glue gun on Amazon for around $12.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Here's a photo that I took while replacing mine with the Oracle LED ones. It shows the imprint under the letters clearly.

Ford Bronco Grille Letter Removal? 2021-12-29 19-44-43
Are you happy with the quality of the oracle white letters? Easy to install and wire? I ordered the white letters because I think the black letters have white on the sides and will look strange. My painted matte black letters look great but I think they blend in almost too much. You hooking them to an aux switch?

Juiced21

Badlands
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '20 Veloster N
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you happy with the quality of the oracle white letters? Easy to install and wire? I ordered the white letters because I think the black letters have white on the sides and will look strange. My painted matte black letters look great but I think they blend in almost too much. You hooking them to an aux switch?
I saw a photo someone else posted of the oracle lights in black, they're black on the edges as well. I think in the renderings they are showing the white halo light from behind so maybe it looked like they were white?

Grill Lights.jpg

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I actually am happy with the quality of the Oracle lights, I did connect them to Aux 3 and the prerun wire to the grille. It was pretty tough hiding the wiring on the Wildtrak but with some time and patience it's doable and imo totally worth it. The light up lights on the front REALLY pop.

Here's another thread on it that you might want to look through: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/“bronco”-grill-badge-light-up.13303/