John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess I need to consider a body lift and frame mounted sliders for my future 🧐
Sponsored

camojeeper

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Absolutely doable! It's more of how much you want to risk. Absolute best modification is a good spotter, you will need one every 5 minutes. This is one of those trails your going to get damage on.

This was my first taste of the trail and it is very much like several other trails I have run just longer. I didn't feel like I was vehicle limited. This trail is more geared to bigger tires and more clearance. Jeep with us had 3-4" more clearance and it made a noticeable difference on some obstacles.
I remember back when if you had a 33" tire it was like a 37" today.
I haven't
been on the con since 04 but i am building my WT everyday to go play in the rocks.

7722 Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST/ 2019 F350 CC DRW 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

More on the rack failure?? Which Bronco and what mods? What contributed to the failure? Overextended? Got it in a bind? Just curious about it. Great pics BTW.
Thanks

badbronc4x4

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stage 8 icon, 3/4” body lift, relocated rear axle coilover bolt hole, next venture belly skids, sliders and diff skid. 37s and ford beadlocks.
Whats the relocated rear axle coilover bolt hole mean? it looks like your rear has a decent amount of travel with your setup. I have the Kings with Baja Kit.

OddBall88

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whats the relocated rear axle coilover bolt hole mean? it looks like your rear has a decent amount of travel with your setup. I have the Kings with Baja Kit.
I re-drilled the bolt hole for the rear coilovers on the axle end. There’s a thread on the forum somewhere of the first guy who did it.

Sponsored

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Excellent way to spend Sunday weather was sunny and cool. We started on the Rubicon trail at Loon Lake and went to Little Sluice and back. Wheeling was amazing two of us even tried the Soup Bowl one two door and one four door it was a no go. If we had more time I would have liked to try a different line. Only carnage was a front steering rack broke at the end of the day, glad it was not deep in or he would have been out of luck.

thumbnail.jpg
thumbnail (13).jpg
thumbnail (12).jpg
thumbnail (10).jpg
thumbnail (1).jpg
thumbnail (10).jpg
thumbnail (9).jpg
thumbnail (7).jpg
thumbnail (4).jpg
thumbnail (5).jpg
thumbnail (3).jpg
thumbnail (1).jpg
PXL_20221030_180203716.jpg
PXL_20221030_182045781.jpg
PXL_20221030_182124611.jpg
PXL_20221030_184314817.jpg
thumbnail (14).jpg
PXL_20221030_204202871.jpg
PXL_20221030_182832054.jpg
20221030_111307.jpg
20221030_140353.jpg
20221030_140207.jpg
20221030_140151.jpg
PXL_20221030_212220242.jpg
20221030_151818.jpg
PXL_20221030_223317166.MP.jpg
Definitely on my bucket list of trails to conquer! Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
NORCALGXP

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

badbronc4x4

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I re-drilled the bolt hole for the rear coilovers on the axle end. There’s a thread on the forum somewhere of the first guy who did it.
I found it, looks intriguing for sure. Seems like it added some travel on the rear. I'm curious how the street driving is after making that change? Does the bronco feel any different after you made this modification? Was it just the bottom mounting bolt you went up on? Or did you have to make any other adjustments?

Im very interested in potentially doing this mod and cutting the extra metal off. Would a shock plate still be able to go on it after modification and removing the excess metal?

OddBall88

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I found it, looks intriguing for sure. Seems like it added some travel on the rear. I'm curious how the street driving is after making that change? Does the bronco feel any different after you made this modification? Was it just the bottom mounting bolt you went up on? Or did you have to make any other adjustments?

Im very interested in potentially doing this mod and cutting the extra metal off. Would a shock plate still be able to go on it after modification and removing the excess metal?
Yeah all I did was copy what the other guy did. Went up 2” and over 1/2” or whatever it was. It still drives the same as far as I can tell. And it would depend on how the shock skid mounts. I have the JCR skids and was able to get them on since the main mounting point is the coilover bolt. I’m probably actually going to take it apart and chop it up and just weld it on.

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah all I did was copy what the other guy did. Went up 2” and over 1/2” or whatever it was. It still drives the same as far as I can tell. And it would depend on how the shock skid mounts. I have the JCR skids and was able to get them on since the main mounting point is the coilover bolt. I’m probably actually going to take it apart and chop it up and just weld it on.

I did the same thing after the trip. After seeing Joe do it. It only works if you can adjust your height on the coil overs. I went up 1.75” and lowered my rear suspension to stay level. Cut off the bottom of the mount (pic of piece)hopefully it won’t get hung up as often.

6E02C45F-79DB-49EA-94DD-6022A5DBBB55.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
NORCALGXP

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I did the same thing after the trip. After seeing Joe do it. It only works if you can adjust your height on the coil overs. I went up 1.75” and lowered my rear suspension to stay level. Cut off the bottom of the mount (pic of piece)hopefully it won’t get hung up as often.

Ford Bronco Group of Broncos on Rubicon Trail Loon Lake to Little Sluice 6E02C45F-79DB-49EA-94DD-6022A5DBBB55
I agree after seeing his I'm going to do it over the winter. I was following bigbroncomeats thread on this. I PM him and he said it rides the same.

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh hell yeah!

Really curious how much belly scrape you got out there... and if you hung up on anything? If so, what?

Also... what climbing/crawling advantages or disadvantages did you notice between the 2dr vs the 4dr?
Not sure if any one answered your question. The 6G scraped a lot. There is no way to avoid it. The underside takes a beating but as long as you have good skids you are fine. That’s the biggest difference from driving a Jeep or any other straight axle rig on rubicon compared to the 6th gens.

_jeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like a great time and glad to hear the reports.

I'm down in down in Central California and would love to go up with you all sometime. I’m in a stock badlands and am accustomed to scraping basically everything under and including the rock rails.

I could benefit from having a winch though…

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like a great time and glad to hear the reports.

I'm down in down in Central California and would love to go up with you all sometime. I’m in a stock badlands and am accustomed to scraping basically everything under and including the rock rails.

I could benefit from having a winch though…
This last few trips we’ve done where organizing on this forum under Sacramento Broncos ,any one is welcome. I have wheeled the Dear Valley trail with a few stock Badlands, but the rubicon is going to be extremely challenging with 33. The broncos on 35’s drag a ton.
Sponsored