Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 SXT 4x4, 1967 Mustang, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Really love the look. Wonder how the windshield protection gets around laws? In our province you can't use any kind of film on the windshield. I am guessing because it defeats the safety feature of having tempered glass in case of an accident.
Wouldn't it enhance the safety?? Keep the glass from flying everywhere cause the film would hold it? Dont know just asking.
Sponsored

Craig Cameron

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Except the whole idea with tempered glass is that it breaks into very tiny pieces that might scratch you but won't murder you. Without tempered glass it would break into large, shards that are quite fatal. With a film, the risk is that the entire windshield won't shatter and will come inside the cabin as a sheet that could also be quite fatal.

Edit* I have seen companies offering PPF on windshields, but they seem to eventually remove that service and print a retraction, since it's illegal. If it weren't for the safety issues, I'd love to have it done. I replace windshields about every 2 years due to all the gravel on the roads.

OP
OP
DubC

DubC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2016 F150, 2022 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great Look!...which wheels are those? Was the PPF as expensive as I've heard from other?...$6K-7K approx? Well done.
Thanks! Wheels are 17x9 Venomrex VR601-BL +0 offset in Coal Black. They charge $6k for the PPF, but my buddy works there so he hooked it up a little.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had some work done on my Bronco and just picked it up from the shop after a longer than expected wait. Apparently, the current shipping issues affect the PPF/wrap industry too!

As the title says, got my Bronco wrapped in GSWF Defender Satin PPF and then ceramic coated with Ceramic Pro. The shop I went to also just started doing windshield protection film services, so had them protect mine with STEK DYNOflex Windshield Protection Film. Also had them paint my Badlands grill gloss black, PPF the door sills, and install black Ford oval and bucking bronco emblems. I’ll try and post pics of the emblems tomorrow. Super happy with how it all turned out. If you’re in the Houston area, hit up Clutch City Customs if you’re in the market for PPF, vinyl wrap, tint, ceramic coating, etc.

C45947FB-A211-487F-B636-3AA9B6BEA370.jpeg
DAMN! Never considered a black Bronco but lately the posts of these BLK Broncos are killer

Sponsored
OP
OP
DubC

DubC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice! Awesome look, really digging these wraps! Looks like you kept the Goodyear 35s but swapped rims...17"? with something like 0 offset I'm guessing? Gotta get the tires out from under those flares, yours looks exactly right IMHO.
Thanks! Yup 0 offset.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is originally exactly what I wanted my Bronco to look like (minus two doors). It's really cool to see it.

Not having Shadow Black as an option for FE was still a mistake... however, I still love mine as it is.

OP
OP
DubC

DubC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is originally exactly what I wanted my Bronco to look like (minus two doors). It's really cool to see it.

Not having Shadow Black as an option for FE was still a mistake... however, I still love mine as it is.
Yup. I wanted an FE too, but I had to have black.

AZBaseSquatch

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Where did you get...or do you have a link to your Black Bronco and Ford emblem for the tailgate?

Sponsored

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Had some work done on my Bronco and just picked it up from the shop after a longer than expected wait. Apparently, the current shipping issues affect the PPF/wrap industry too!

As the title says, got my Bronco wrapped in GSWF Defender Satin PPF and then ceramic coated with Ceramic Pro. The shop I went to also just started doing windshield protection film services, so had them protect mine with STEK DYNOflex Windshield Protection Film. Also had them paint my Badlands grill gloss black, PPF the door sills, and install black Ford oval and bucking bronco emblems. I’ll try and post pics of the emblems tomorrow. Super happy with how it all turned out. If you’re in the Houston area, hit up Clutch City Customs if you’re in the market for PPF, vinyl wrap, tint, ceramic coating, etc.

C45947FB-A211-487F-B636-3AA9B6BEA370.jpeg

2693D389-1954-4201-8DAC-8C5475264E34.jpeg

0724F744-9797-4C14-A3F6-BD6B885A94EA.jpeg

CFD5AB3D-9EF6-4F80-B60B-131BF3AFE2FC.jpeg
JUST GORGEOUS .... Sooooo much better than the factory black .... looks like its ready for a role in the movies

OP
OP
DubC

DubC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I was at the Stek facility while they were developing the windshield film. It had ZERO distortion. I could tell it was there till the guys told me so. I was on Ferrari with a $15k windshield.

I know the guys at STEK USA very well.. Their products are great. Can't tell there is film on the windshielf here.

Ford Bronco GSWF Defender Satin PPF | STEK DYNOflex Windshield Protection Film | Badlands Grill Painted Gloss Black on my Shadow Black Badlands Sasquatch 1638303733501

Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Very cool looking. Dare I ask the cost?

BigMex

Badlands
First Name
Ezra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 White Ford Bronco (moar door, 7spd, lux)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love it!!!
Here’s what I did with my White Ford Bronco… stealth/satin finish brings out the lines beautifully… makes it look like the Bronco was chiseled. Looks great! I had to add some custom art to nerdify it to my personality…
Ford Bronco GSWF Defender Satin PPF | STEK DYNOflex Windshield Protection Film | Badlands Grill Painted Gloss Black on my Shadow Black Badlands Sasquatch 91DB2F46-7FB1-4086-BB0D-5C73892F3B7D

Ford Bronco GSWF Defender Satin PPF | STEK DYNOflex Windshield Protection Film | Badlands Grill Painted Gloss Black on my Shadow Black Badlands Sasquatch 1EEEFC0E-2DBF-48BA-B647-1F6A7A601F0A

mad props to Level 3 Autoworks in Covington, Kentucky!
Sponsored