Sponsored

Guaranteed getting my Bronco in Sept., OK, October already.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How do I know? Because I swore I was not going to put a dime into my 2017 Outback and just drive it until I got the Bronco. Tires nearly bald and I pick up a bolt-head screw somewhere and had to buy new tires. Then to come into work this week to find that new tops were being built, finally. My luck usually works in some kind of penance before moving on to something better, so pretty much guaranteed that my 07/21 build will finally be getting a top and shipping soon. I should put the cheapest craptires on the Outback, but I just can't bring myself to do it. Next month someone will be driving it with brand new Nitto Grappler G2s as I just can't put crap on a vehicle. It's actually appreciated in value since I bought it last year and is worth about $2500 more now than when I bought it, so that's something. Weird that it has more clearance than the base Bronco, a little over 8.7". (But not when I put 32.7" Nitto Grappler ATs on the Bronco, tee-hee.) [Now looking more like 32.9 Mickey Thompsons.]
Sponsored

Last edited:

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How do I know? Because I swore I was not going to put a dime into my 2017 Outback and just drive it until I got the Bronco. Tires nearly bald and I pick up a bolt-head screw somewhere and had to buy new tires. Then to come into work this week to find that new tops were being built, finally. My luck usually works in some kind of penance before moving on to something better, so pretty much guaranteed that my 07/21 build will finally be getting a top and shipping soon. I should put the cheapest craptires on the Outback, but I just can't bring myself to do it. Next month someone will be driving it with brand new Nitto Grappler G2s as I just can't put crap on a vehicle. It's actually appreciated in value since I bought it last year and is worth about $2500 more now than when I bought it, so that's something. Weird that it has more clearance than the base Bronco, a little over 8.7". (But not when I put 32.7" Nitto Grappler ATs on the Bronco, tee-hee.)
Why do you like the Nittos? I want 33" tires on my OBX 18" wheels, but mostly do road and beach, dont want too noisey! Cant decide.

OP
OP
andrusoid

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why do you like the Nittos? I want 33" tires on my OBX 18" wheels, but mostly do road and beach, dont want too noisey! Cant decide.
I always buy Nittos. Not loud. Handle great, have not tried on the beach but they are great on the road. Check out the Grappler G2's. I like them fat, but my brother would say get tall and narrow for sand. I've had 305/55r20's on a 2011 reg. cab Silverado 4x4 2" lift and it was a head turner.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I always buy Nittos. Not loud. Handle great, have not tried on the beach but they are great on the road. Check out the Grappler G2's. I like them fat, but my brother would say get tall and narrow for sand. I've had 305/55r20's on a 2011 reg. cab Silverado 4x4 2" lift and it was a head turner.
Yes, fat/wide is good, and tall enough to let out air on sand without riding on rims. But i like quiet. Thanks for the advice.

OP
OP
andrusoid

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Putting good tires on before you sell the Subaru will bring you good car karma

OP
OP
andrusoid

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Putting good tires on before you sell the Subaru will bring you good car karma
You funny. Yeah, and it's a blast to drive now with the Nittos instead of the stock all season OEM from Subaru. Really wanted to go with 245's but, the standard 225s are already spendy enough for what's basically a gift to the new owner. Should bump my resale value up, though.

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You funny. Yeah, and it's a blast to drive now with the Nittos instead of the stock all season OEM from Subaru. Really wanted to go with 245's but, the standard 225s are already spendy enough for what's basically a gift to the new owner. Should bump my resale value up, though.
You get to enjoy them for a little while at least before your Bronco hopefully gets released from Purgatory. I feel better sending the new owner of one of my vehicles on their way with decent tires and fresh fluids

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Find a used tire shop. Get all four that are good enough to sell for the price of one or two.
Sponsored