Sponsored

"Guard Green" on 2021 F150, why not Bronco?

OP
OP
Studawg

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Guard Green is very beautiful in direct and full sunlight. Like Antimatter Blue, outside of direct sun, or when dirty, it's just going to look black and it doesn't add a lot of interest when it's in normal light.

Will have to add the ol' +1 to other people's preference for a "real" green color.
And that's including the fact that Oxford Green Metallic v2.0 is what i'm planning to repaint one of my cars sometime soon. It's dark, but it's green-green.

I like Oxford Green Metallic v2.0 more than Bullit Green that Ford used on the recent limited run Mustang (and yes, have seen them back to back in the same light).
Ford Bronco "Guard Green" on 2021 F150, why not Bronco? Oxford green metallic II 4

Bronco_CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TIE Fighter
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Color palette on the MY21 Bronco is lacking excitement. There are only three legitimately unique colors available, one of them with a faint green. I don’t get it ?‍♂

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Color palette on the MY21 Bronco is lacking excitement. There are only three legitimately unique colors available, one of them with a faint green. I don’t get it ?‍♂

I think they are treading lightly. Not everyone likes cool and unique colors. If they made too many it might have shyed some buyers away that want basic and boring.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Blasphemy.... but I like the rally green metallic on the 2020 camaro. I would pay extra for a color similar to that one.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well, the other classic car was going to be painted Surf Green, which in itself is very similliar to Ford's Seafoam green.

Frankly, i'm not too upset with the Bronco color selections. They are very "modern" in that they have at least 50% of the options are in boring grey scale (black, white, silver, grey, darker grey) and a bunch of muted colors. This is simply what dealerships will purchase on a 5:1 ratio..... After the pre-order sales you have to remember that Ford's customer is the dealerships, not you. And they will order cars that wont offend and sell to the widest array of people possible.

Manufacturers these days won't extend their color line to more than 1 or 2 colors that won't have mass-market appeal, and a unique launch color. In this case it's Cactus Grey and Velocity Blue as "reach" colors and Cyber Orange as the 1-year release color that will be replaced for 2022 model year by a lower-cost paint. The rest are perfect for "modern" tastes in what is a creative color (dull grey/blue, AKA: Area 51), dark navy blue (Antimatter), The only cheap red Ford uses (Race Red), plus a metallic option of the same which ends up being burgundy and is quite boring on a full sized SUV (and thus very popular as the "I bought my SUV in an actual color!" for the people who didn't want grey scale)

99fb718d3a69e93b86e18115ff06f0b9.jpg

5jiO3sNRiAV8PvoroGNe6x9ZckLs4xr_9UbeGBbzgIeLIzxknw.jpg

Bronco_CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TIE Fighter
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well, the other classic car was going to be painted Surf Green, which in itself is very similliar to Ford's Seafoam green.

Frankly, i'm not too upset with the Bronco color selections. They are very "modern" in that they have at least 50% of the options are in boring grey scale (black, white, silver, grey, darker grey) and a bunch of muted colors. This is simply what dealerships will purchase on a 5:1 ratio..... After the pre-order sales you have to remember that Ford's customer is the dealerships, not you. And they will order cars that wont offend and sell to the widest array of people possible.

Manufacturers these days won't extend their color line to more than 1 or 2 colors that won't have mass-market appeal, and a unique launch color. In this case it's Cactus Grey and Velocity Blue as "reach" colors and Cyber Orange as the 1-year release color that will be replaced for 2022 model year by a lower-cost paint. The rest are perfect for "modern" tastes in what is a creative color (dull grey/blue, AKA: Area 51), dark navy blue (Antimatter), The only cheap red Ford uses (Race Red), plus a metallic option of the same which ends up being burgundy and is quite boring on a full sized SUV (and thus very popular as the "I bought my SUV in an actual color!" for the people who didn't want grey scale)

Ford Bronco "Guard Green" on 2021 F150, why not Bronco? 5jiO3sNRiAV8PvoroGNe6x9ZckLs4xr_9UbeGBbzgIeLIzxknw

Ford Bronco "Guard Green" on 2021 F150, why not Bronco? 5jiO3sNRiAV8PvoroGNe6x9ZckLs4xr_9UbeGBbzgIeLIzxknw
interesting info. But dealers are sales partners, not customers. No consumers = no dealers.

Sponsored

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dads old 1979 Bronco was done in Dark Highland Green. Thought about wrapping my 2021 Bronco in the same color. I wonder if they'll make Visors for the 2021.... :unsure:

100_1224.jpg

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still can't believe automotive OEMs haven't figured out that tapping the firearms market would be a good idea. Coyote Tan, Wolf Grey, Ranger Green, Olive Drab, Sandstone...

Chamberlin

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Still can't believe automotive OEMs haven't figured out that tapping the firearms market would be a good idea. Coyote Tan, Wolf Grey, Ranger Green, Olive Drab, Sandstone...
I agree wholeheartedly, although it is ironic.... out of the Jeep, FJ, Land Rover, and Bronco, the Bronco is the only one to not have a military background, being a civilian/consumer vehicle first.
Sponsored