Sponsored

"Guard Green" on 2021 F150, why not Bronco?

ndegnan1992

Big Bend
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How bad is it that I check back on this thread just hoping and praying that there will be a rumor that Ford is listening and adding a green to the options. ?
Sponsored

Mario3241

Base
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
and Cyber Orange as the 1-year release color that will be replaced for 2022 model year by a lower-cost paint.
99fb718d3a69e93b86e18115ff06f0b9.jpg

5jiO3sNRiAV8PvoroGNe6x9ZckLs4xr_9UbeGBbzgIeLIzxknw.jpg
Has it been confirmed that Cyber Yellow is just for one model year? I didn’t see that info.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Carbonized Gray looks to have a slight green hue to it in certain lighting.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Has it been confirmed that Cyber Yellow is just for one model year? I didn’t see that info.
It has not made any formal announcement, nor will they.

It's pretty typical of new model launches to have 1-off "release colors" that gather all the looks and survive only a year. My guess is that cyber orange is one of those colors. Depending on orders for the 2021 Bronco, we may find a second color that gets replaced for 2022. If I were to hazard a guess right now it would be Antimatter Blue, but that's only off of the tepid reaction for it on these digital pages and how close it is to black.

• 2019 Ranger had Chili Pepper Red, gone after the release year
  • 2015 Mustang had Guard Green across the model range, with Wimbledon White as the 50th anniversary one-off color
  • 2022 Mach E (it's not a mustang) has their own orange or something, which is already gone off their website and it's a stupid vehicle so I can't remember the name of their launch color.
It's standard practice across nearly all manufacturers who produce a new model that is getting some fanfare.

Cyber Orange looks FANTASTIC in print media as well as on the monitor and is an attention-getter, it's a perfect color choice for a new model to grab clicks and generate interest. Those tri-coats are a real PITA to spray and require a skilled painter to color-match. So I wouldn't be surprised for Ford to drop it after the launch year and replace it with another bright color, possibly Twister Orange as that is on other models, but a cheaper one in materials and labor.

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How bad is it that I check back on this thread just hoping and praying that there will be a rumor that Ford is listening and adding a green to the options. ?
I checked on this thread today for any slight green rumors, but nothing :|

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I had a Highland Green F350, I could go that route on a PPF color change

Mario3241

Base
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
It has not made any formal announcement, nor will they.

It's pretty typical of new model launches to have 1-off "release colors" that gather all the looks and survive only a year. My guess is that cyber orange is one of those colors. Depending on orders for the 2021 Bronco, we may find a second color that gets replaced for 2022. If I were to hazard a guess right now it would be Antimatter Blue, but that's only off of the tepid reaction for it on these digital pages and how close it is to black.

• 2019 Ranger had Chili Pepper Red, gone after the release year
  • 2015 Mustang had Guard Green across the model range, with Wimbledon White as the 50th anniversary one-off color
  • 2022 Mach E (it's not a mustang) has their own orange or something, which is already gone off their website and it's a stupid vehicle so I can't remember the name of their launch color.
It's standard practice across nearly all manufacturers who produce a new model that is getting some fanfare.

Cyber Orange looks FANTASTIC in print media as well as on the monitor and is an attention-getter, it's a perfect color choice for a new model to grab clicks and generate interest. Those tri-coats are a real PITA to spray and require a skilled painter to color-match. So I wouldn't be surprised for Ford to drop it after the launch year and replace it with another bright color, possibly Twister Orange as that is on other models, but a cheaper one in materials and labor.
Appreciate the input. I really have been wanting a special one year color and was debating in my head which colors wouldn’t return when they inevitably add other ones. Makes sense Cyber Yellow could be one of them. Can’t call it orange because it doesn’t look remotely orange. Lol

MonteBronce

Outer Banks
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Pictures are deceiving but does Cactus Grey have a green tint to it?

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's pretty typical of new model launches to have 1-off "release colors" that gather all the looks and survive only a year. My guess is that cyber orange is one of those colors.
Cyber Orange has also been added to Ranger for 2021.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Cyber Orange has also been added to Ranger for 2021.
Was pretty shocked to see this, it just popped up yesterday. Ranger has been having some teething problems in the color pallet department, IMHO. Yet it keeps selling well!

Veeeeeeeeery interesting that they added Velocity Blue which is a back-order color for Bronco. Obviously they will be slowing Ranger production to ramp up Bronco due to the back-log of sales. I believe they will be made in the same facilities and share finishing/painting facilities as well, so tying the colors between vehicles makes sense and reduces downtime. Although it does reduce the exclusivity of the color on a given model.

2021 Ranger adds 4 colors

" NEW COLORS...four new colors (Cactus Gray, Carbonized Gray, Cyber Orange and Velocity Blue)"

FWIW: I still think Cyber Orange will be a one-year color even if it's across the Ranger lineup as well..... Time will tell!

We got Lightning Blue and it's beautiful. But doesn't seem like an "offroad" color to me (Don't mind my gold flaked stretched cruiser).
Ford Bronco "Guard Green" on 2021 F150, why not Bronco? RoadTripRanger

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty much any green offered would move to #1 on my choice list. Never had a Green, not as a kid nor as a driver.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I love Guard. My 2015 Mustang was Guard. I think Ford is making a big mistake not offering colors like Guard and Grabber Blue on the Bronco.
Sponsored