Sponsored

Guess the badlands isn't as weather rated as I hoped.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
A lot of unhelpful responses here which I’ve had on some of my posts. You asked a reasonable question and got some responses people should’ve just kept to themselves.

I don’t have any productive comments to add outside of I’m sorry it happened to you and thank you for being vulnerable and sharing your experience. I’ve learned from your experience and I’m sure others have too.

Sounds like you weren’t being careless, just thought the vehicle could do more than it can. Good luck to you getting it figured out.
It's like those people scour the "issues" section just to crap on people's posts. Wonder how much Ford is paying them and how I can get on the gig?
Sponsored

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a huge perk to the soft top. I ride around mostly with the top off, then throw it over when parked (takes 10 seconds), and then throw it all the way back when I leave (15 seconds). I usually keep the soft top windows off to do that on the fly. The other day, we had some surprise rain and I saw it up ahead, and while stopped at a light, put the top over, latched it, light turned green and 15 seconds later it was a total downpour. Went from top off windows down to staying dry in a down pour within a minute. Yes, there might have been a mist in the cargo area without the windows, but all seats and importantly the electricals up front were nice and dry.
Same, this is why I only ever wanted the soft top. Here in coastal southern New England surprise downpours that come in off of the ocean aren’t uncommon even on “0% chance of precipitation” days, leaving part of my roof at home isn’t an option for me. Love the soft top

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Same, this is why I only ever wanted the soft top. Here in coastal southern New England surprise downpours that come in off of the ocean aren’t uncommon even on “0% chance of precipitation” days, leaving part of my roof at home isn’t an option for me. Love the soft top
Just in build for 2022 on website they have the best top fast back option which comes with the hard top it looks like. Does this sit underneath for when you take the hard top off or is this just a separate install?

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so....YOU left your top off in a freaking torrential downpour and it's Ford's fault your shit don't work now? OK got it.

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2022 Badlands 2dr lux sasquatch, mgv and tow package.

Went to the store yesterday, skies were sunny with a few scattered clouds. Had the front two panels off and windows down.

Came out and there had to have been a torrential downpour. Interior was soaked.

Found that the cupholders don't have drains, the window switches hold water, and all of the over head trim retains water, to include the constant drips from the visors and overhead switches.

I'm disappointed in how much water was flying around inside the rest of the day no matter how much I dried up with the towel.

At least the MGV seats worked really well.

Worst part was when I got back to the hotel parking lot on base, the truck started spazzing and honking the horn randomly and on its own accord.

Couldn't find the fuse cause the fuse panel isn't marked under the hood (is anyone else's?)

Ended up having to drive for another 30 minutes and put the defrost on high heat to try to help dry internals out. But the horn was still acting up. I disconnected the battery after I heard it in the driveway a few hours later.

Is this a problem that should be addressed, or am I stuck with a non weather resistant bronco. Kind of embarrassing when I see jeeps not have these problems.

20220606_181657.jpg

20220606_181701.jpg
Where does Ford give it a “weather rating.” They don’t, that’s your expectations and now you want to make it Fords fault?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Amubu

Amubu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so....YOU left your top off in a freaking torrential downpour and it's Ford's fault your shit don't work now? OK got it.
Really? Why don't you read it again. GTFO of here with this BS.

I constructively criticized the build quality of the vehicle. There was a pop up storm while i was nowhere to see it. There have been multiple articles referring to its features of weather sealed switches and washout interior. Misleading at best, but no where was I crying about it, just putting my experience and issues out there.

Forgot that we're in an era now that everyone thinks a forum is a place to put their bs comments that offer no substance. This ain't Facebook or YouTube.

Really, the moderators should clear out any post that's got zero worth, but that might offend the younger generation...

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really? Why don't you read it again. GTFO of here with this BS.

I constructively criticized the build quality of the vehicle. There was a pop up storm while i was nowhere to see it. There have been multiple articles referring to its features of weather sealed switches and washout interior. Misleading at best, but no where was I crying about it, just putting my experience and issues out there.

Forgot that we're in an era now that everyone thinks a forum is a place to put their bs comments that offer no substance. This ain't Facebook or YouTube.

Really, the moderators should clear out any post that's got zero worth, but that might offend the younger generation...
Well. I'm not the "younger generation"... And I feel that if the "moderators clear out any posts with zero worth" you'll find that this whole thread goes missing. 🤷

OP
OP
Amubu

Amubu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well. I'm not the "younger generation"... And I feel that if the "moderators clear out any posts with zero worth" you'll find that this whole thread goes missing. 🤷
Yea, because next time some one asks about their horn going off because their interior got wet in a new thread, you can yell at them they should search, then spend hours wading through people's BS comments?

Perhaps people just need to realize the difference in the medium that they use.

Forums should be used for collective knowledge management. Keep the sh!t posts in the general threads or on other forms of media.

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Jeeps definitely do get this problem. I've been lucky the times I've been caught in the rain since I never remove the roof off my Sunrider, just pop the doors off and take out all the windows. I burn too easy to go full topless. So the actual interior stays pretty dry. But plenty of people I used to wheel with ruined the clockspring by getting the steering wheel soaked. Seeing as the horn is acting up that's what I'd probably blame.

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a wash out interior, not a downpour interior.

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the downpour does the washing out!

nickyp1020

Badlands
First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2022 Badlands 2dr lux sasquatch, mgv and tow package.

Went to the store yesterday, skies were sunny with a few scattered clouds. Had the front two panels off and windows down.

Came out and there had to have been a torrential downpour. Interior was soaked.

Found that the cupholders don't have drains, the window switches hold water, and all of the over head trim retains water, to include the constant drips from the visors and overhead switches.

I'm disappointed in how much water was flying around inside the rest of the day no matter how much I dried up with the towel.

At least the MGV seats worked really well.

Worst part was when I got back to the hotel parking lot on base, the truck started spazzing and honking the horn randomly and on its own accord.

Couldn't find the fuse cause the fuse panel isn't marked under the hood (is anyone else's?)

Ended up having to drive for another 30 minutes and put the defrost on high heat to try to help dry internals out. But the horn was still acting up. I disconnected the battery after I heard it in the driveway a few hours later.

Is this a problem that should be addressed, or am I stuck with a non weather resistant bronco. Kind of embarrassing when I see jeeps not have these problems.

20220606_181657.jpg

20220606_181701.jpg
I feel like you're one of thoes people who needs a little reminder. water RESISTANT does NOT mean water PROOF.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

CT here and agree. The hard top is nice in the winter though.

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had similar results when the JK get caught in the rain. Eventually something dries out and it is fine. Driving it around helps it fix itself.

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One item I always thought was cool was the Bestop sunrider replacement for just the front panels. Easy to open and easy to close. I have one for my JK hard top. I plan on getting one for the Bronco.
Sponsored