First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I reserved 8/10/2020 (hate myself) and ordered 1/19/2021.

I ordered a Badlands, 2.7, MGV, LUX, SAS, Adv 4x4, Tow.

I went through an awesome small dealership out here and with all the scheduling through 7/25 and all the Raptor Upgrades I'm now 9th-ish in line. I'm guessing I'll get a 2022 (fingers crossed) but late Q3 or Q4.

I currently have a soft top on order. I'm starting to second guess that and thinking I should change to Hard Top.

My question is, should I forego the Tow and switch to a Hard Top since it's less of a constraint than the Tow? I plan on hitching a bike rack and at some point a small trailer to haul brush clippings to my local stump dump every now and then. My patience is starting to wear but I know I won't have for summer so why not change around some options. I live up here in New England. I also have a large garage bay to fit the Bronco.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Order what you want to own.

BigGarnet

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Order what you want to own.
I agree with that...except that you can get an aftermarket Tow hitch for ~$100 that takes 10 minutes to install and is as well done as the factory hitch. So, either way, I would drop the factory one if the main purpose is the bike rack. If you ever get the small trailer, you can also add a wiring harness later.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I reserved 8/10/2020 (hate myself) and ordered 1/19/2021.

I ordered a Badlands, 2.7, MGV, LUX, SAS, Adv 4x4, Tow.

I went through an awesome small dealership out here and with all the scheduling through 7/25 and all the Raptor Upgrades I'm now 9th-ish in line. I'm guessing I'll get a 2022 (fingers crossed) but late Q3 or Q4.

I currently have a soft top on order. I'm starting to second guess that and thinking I should change to Hard Top.

My question is, should I forego the Tow and switch to a Hard Top since it's less of a constraint than the Tow? I plan on hitching a bike rack and at some point a small trailer to haul brush clippings to my local stump dump every now and then. My patience is starting to wear but I know I won't have for summer so why not change around some options. I live up here in New England. I also have a large garage bay to fit the Bronco.

Thanks in advance.
My early reservation 2 door MIC hard top with tow package (and other short commodities) was just scheduled for 6-6 week build. IMO, if you need a hardtop....change it to the MIC and order what you want. That close in line....you should get a 2022. I see plenty of deliveries on here with MICs and tow package. Parts shortages change daily. You can't play a card game with the factory.

OP
OP
johnny_bronco

johnny_bronco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My early reservation 2 door MIC hard top with tow package (and other short commodities) was just scheduled for 6-6 week build. IMO, if you need a hardtop....change it to the MIC and order what you want. That close in line....you should get a 2022. I see plenty of deliveries on here with MICs and tow package. Parts shortages change daily. You can't play a card game with the factory.
I did not make it i to 2022. The dealership appears to not be getting allocations and Iā€™m not sure if it has to do with the size of the dealership (they are a small one) or the fact that all trucks left in line have a large amount of commodities constrained. Iā€™m starting to feel like I will never get one unless I strip down all my stuff add-ons/upgrades and I donā€™t want to do that. Sighā€¦

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did not make it i to 2022. The dealership appears to not be getting allocations and Iā€™m not sure if it has to do with the size of the dealership (they are a small one) or the fact that all trucks left in line have a large amount of commodities constrained. Iā€™m starting to feel like I will never get one unless I strip down all my stuff add-ons/upgrades and I donā€™t want to do that. Sighā€¦
IMO, if you do that it would be a mistake. When was your reservation? When did you order? IMO, that is more the holdup than anything. I purchased from a small Dealer too. I got mine 2 years to the day. I ordered and purchased a Ranger Tremor from them too...came in 3 months. I see a lot of people that ordered at bigger Dealerships that have been waiting just as long (they have more orders and may have more allocations, but the sheer quantity....you still wait. Hopefully early 2023 for you. I thought mine would never come....it did and I am very happy with it. The waiting sucks for sure.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
double check, Granger got 35 yesterday scheduled.

OP
OP
johnny_bronco

johnny_bronco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMO, if you do that it would be a mistake. When was your reservation? When did you order? IMO, that is more the holdup than anything. I purchased from a small Dealer too. I got mine 2 years to the day. I ordered and purchased a Ranger Tremor from them too...came in 3 months. I see a lot of people that ordered at bigger Dealerships that have been waiting just as long (they have more orders and may have more allocations, but the sheer quantity....you still wait. Hopefully early 2023 for you. I thought mine would never come....it did and I am very happy with it. The waiting sucks for sure.
Badlands-4dr-2.7L-Hardtop-LUX-SAS-Hot šŸŒ¶ Red
Reserved 8/10/2020
Ordered 1/20/2021
Reordered 10/13/2021

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Badlands-4dr-2.7L-Hardtop-LUX-SAS-Hot šŸŒ¶ Red
Reserved 8/10/2020
Ordered 1/20/2021
Reordered 10/13/2021
I was (and my neighbor) a 7-15-20 reservation. I received my Black Diamond on 7-15-22. She just got her Badlands-SAS last week. IMO, you are really close. I would bet you see yours in early 2023 production. They are making every effort to get those early reservation holders built. I can see the smile on your face already. Hang in there!!!

OP
OP
johnny_bronco

johnny_bronco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was (and my neighbor) a 7-15-20 reservation. I received my Black Diamond on 7-15-22. She just got her Badlands-SAS last week. IMO, you are really close. I would bet you see yours in early 2023 production. They are making every effort to get those early reservation holders built. I can see the smile on your face already. Hang in there!!!
Thank you for lifting my spirits. šŸ¤—

Sponsored
OP
OP
johnny_bronco

johnny_bronco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm currently in the front of the line at my awesome little small dealership. I previewed last week and the week before but never got pulled for scheduling. Beyond frustrating. They pulled a lot of Badlands and Wiltraks with Lux package too.

I decided to remove SAS as I don't feel it's worth it for my use. I did keep the wheel package with the beauty rings.

Hope someone can tell me. If you keep previewing is that a good sign?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm currently in the front of the line at my awesome little small dealership. I previewed last week and the week before but never got pulled for scheduling. Beyond frustrating. They pulled a lot of Badlands and Wiltraks with Lux package too.

I decided to remove SAS as I don't feel it's worth it for my use. I did keep the wheel package with the beauty rings.

Hope someone can tell me. If you keep previewing is that a good sign?
Yes, it's a good sign, but personally, I would have ditched the wheels... as wheels have been a constraint. Unfortunately, there is no way to know what exactly is keeping you from getting built, unless you are Ford.

Also, there is nothing special about the sasquatch package on the Badlands (other than the fenders, rims, and tires - you get all the important bits).

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
BTW Jim Bass Ford (San Angelo TX) had 10 new Broncos on the lot today.

All were 4 doors, most were Outer Banks and a few Black Diamonds, 90% did not have the advanced 4x4 transfer case (one of the Black Diamond models), but most had rear lockers (except 1 by memory). Minimum markup was $10k ($9995). I don't remember much in the way of hardtops. I am wondering if the advanced 4x4 transfer case has become a constrained commodity.

Still 10 on the lot.

OP
OP
johnny_bronco

johnny_bronco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Listening to Tim Bartzā€™s livestream from Long McArthur it didnā€™t appear to be a current constraint but as we know that all keeps changing day to day week to week. Maybe they are just allocating those parts to actual orders.
Sponsored